Become a Patron!

Best 26650 for DNA 200/250 Mod

Planning on building my own mod using a either the DNA 200 or DNA 250 board. Have been tossing around between Lipo battery and 26650's. was thinking of coming up with a design for 3 26650's set up im a similar style to the RX 200 line but just seems that it would way to clunky and huge. So have decided to check into the possibilities of dual 26650's and if it would even be a liable build, assuming i could get my hands on a decent set of 26650 batters. Ive only been using 18650's and still learning little things here and there, im never afraid to ask questions or receive criticisms, just please no outright jerk criticisms. Any good advice would be much appreciated.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there.

In all honesty, I wouldn't go for 26650's unless there is a particular reason you MUST have them, for the simple reason all R&D goes into 18650's with the big companies, as these are what are wanted by other companies for use in their tools/devices.

All of the 26650's are rewraps as you probably know, and we are not sure exactly where they come from-mooch has tested quite a few, and found a few that are the same from different companies. They test OK though, and can output 20A+ safely.

I would go for 18650's simply due to size, and with 3 3000MAH cells you will benefit from an increase in W/h's still over 2500MAH cells.

You will get a longer runtime from 3 18650s vs 2 26650's, and could fit it into a similar size enclosure, so I think 18650's would probably suit you better, and also allow you to run at the full 200W, with 2 26650's you will be limited to 133W (not that that matters to most of us as it is more than enough).

I wish you all the best with your build!

VU Sponsors