Become a Patron!

Best 25mm RTA

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone.. I just bought the hcigar vt75 over the weekend.. Now that i have a mod that can work with a 25mm tank am in the market for one.. I was looking at the griffin 25 but don't know for I never had the original griffin.. Anyway was wondering what you guys thought. I currently have the ijoy limitless and I love it with all my heart for its ease of use and it s flavor and vapor production. But not looking for another RDTA.. I want a RTA. Any help would be great

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey everyone.. I just bought the hcigar vt75 over the weekend.. Now that i have a mod that can work with a 25mm tank am in the market for one.. I was looking at the griffin 25 but don't know for I never had the original griffin.. Anyway was wondering what you guys thought. I currently have the ijoy limitless and I love it with all my heart for its ease of use and it s flavor and vapor production. But not looking for another RDTA.. I want a RTA. Any help would be great
The griffin 25 is not a bad choice. Neither is the herakles rta2. The rta2 is far easier to wick right and in my opinion more flexible, but if set up well they both give great flavor

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Augvape Boreas Rta heard great things about it & @roxynoodle designed it. I've ordered & haven't received yet. There's a Thread here.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What is the difference is it just the way the juice feeds the bottom of the deck? If yes. RDTA is a far superior design IMO.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What is the difference is it just the way the juice feeds the bottom of the deck? If yes. RDTA is a far superior design IMO.
The juice feeding system is different. The rdta like a boreas is intended to be like an RDA that wicks itself. And an rta typically uses vacuum to feed juice to the wicks. They both have their merits. I typically use rtas more, but I really like the boreas as well.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They all the same
I second that

VAPE ON
I've definitely seen stuff called an rdta that is a little meaningless. But it's a quick way to differentiate the boreas style wicking system from the typical rta style. Still a bit of a misnomer though, since there's no dripping involved...

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The boreas is amazing, but it's an rdta

from what i can see the boreas is not an rdta.. it is a bottom deck design.. My question is is it really that much better then the competition? Not really feeling the look of it.. kinda looks cheap (sorry not cheap, Generic). Also it has so many pieces.. reminds me of a kayfun v4.. don't like the idea of having to break it down so much to get to the deck.. So is it really worth buying?

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The juice feeding system is different. The rdta like a boreas is intended to be like an RDA that wicks itself. And an rta typically uses vacuum to feed juice to the wicks. They both have their merits. I typically use rtas more, but I really like the boreas as well.

You have to remember BOREAS uses VACUUM to wick it self...same as the supreme...

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from what i can see the boreas is not an rdta.. it is a bottom deck design.. My question is is it really that much better then the competition? Not really feeling the look of it.. kinda looks cheap. Also it has so many pieces.. reminds me of a kayfun v4.. don't like the idea of having to break it down so much to get to the deck.. So is it really worth buying?
23 bucks dude ECIGITY
YES ITS WORTH THAT AMOUNT..
RTA /RDTA same shit... Don't be fooled by the way it looks, it's a BEAST!

VAPE ON

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
from what i can see the boreas is not an rdta.. it is a bottom deck design.. My question is is it really that much better then the competition? Not really feeling the look of it.. kinda looks cheap. Also it has so many pieces.. reminds me of a kayfun v4.. don't like the idea of having to break it down so much to get to the deck.. So is it really worth buying?
It's just as easy if not easier to access the deck than other tanks. Unscrew the bottom and pull it out, that's it. Far far easier than something like a moonshot or tornado. It is what most people say is an rdta, just like the aromamizer. If I'm not mistaken, the aromamizer was one of the first to call itself an rdta. But mine does not feel cheap at all. Good threads, etc

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe i should just get both.. seems i can get both for around the same price each

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The boreas is amazing, but it's an rdta

That term (or acronym, whatever you want to call it) has become a meaningless garbled mess. There's nothing that most of these "RDTA" tanks do that makes them more than normal RTAs, the Boreas doesn't do anything that makes it need a reference to drippers in there, it's just a damn good tank. It uses the same pressurized system to slowly leak juice through openings that reach the wicking material. There's nothing special about it, it just does it very effectively.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That term (or acronym, whatever you want to call it) has become a meaningless garbled mess. There's nothing that most of these "RDTA" tanks do that makes them more than normal RTAs, the Boreas doesn't do anything that makes it need a reference to drippers in there, it's just a damn good tank. It uses the same pressurized system to slowly leak juice through openings that reach the wicking material. There's nothing special about it, it just does it very effectively.
I can agree with that. Op said he didn't want "rdtas" though, so I was trying to reference the more typical rtas

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can agree with that. Op said he didn't want "rdtas" though, so I was trying to reference the more typical rtas

Yeah I hear ya, just one of those things that bugs me. I mean it shouldn't because trying to bring logic to the internet in any form is asking for trouble, but just makes sense to me to call those top coil new genny type tanks RDTAs being as they're just RDA decks sitting on top of tanks. But, instead we have a free for all where that term means nothing.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I would categorize the ijoy limitless or geekvape avocado as a RDTA.. For one the top is still a dripper.. you can drip on them if you want.. the only difference between them and a RDA is they have a genny style tank on the bottom.. In my eyes any bottom feed tank system no matter what kind of deck it has is a RTA.. If it is surrounded by juice and on the bottom using a pressure system then it is a RTA.. That line of thought makes the most sense to me..

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imho the tcmv 25mm is my go to

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VCMT IS A PITA
At first, but once you get it
NO PROBLEM AT ALL... It's not a very easy tank to build. You have to know what you doin or LEAK

VAPE ON

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
At first, an RDTA was a tank that you had to push on the drip tip to make it drip onto your coils (Big Dripper, Pontus? by EHPro, and some others). Now that term is applied to so many attys it no longer seems to have a definition. The Big Dripper, Boreas and the Limitless are 3 different styles, yet people call them all RDTAs.

When I started the Aromamizer thread on ecf, everyone ignored it at first because they saw RDTA and thought it was like the Big Dripper :giggle: Go back and read the first few pages and you'll see that. A year ago no one called an RTA an RDTA.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At first, an RDTA was a tank that you had to push on the drip tip to make it drip onto your coils (Big Dripper, Pontus? by EHPro, and some others). Now that term is applied to so many attys it no longer seems to have a definition. The Big Dripper, Boreas and the Limitless are 3 different styles, yet people call them all RDTAs.

When I started the Aromamizer thread on ecf, everyone ignored it at first because they saw RDTA and thought it was like the Big Dripper :giggle: Go back and read the first few pages and you'll see that. A year ago no one called an RTA an RDTA.
Always interesting to hear about the history of terms, thanks. And, that makes a hell of a lot more sense than calling an RTA an RDTA for... god knows what reason? A tank where you manually open it up to drip into the atomizer section... RDTA yup, checks out. (I think I have one of these actually, $3 on some clearance sale, never even tried to set it up yet :crazy:)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you guys remember the
3D dripper?

VAPE ON
I posted about it and a bunch of other True Hybrid RDA/Mods the other day on here for someone...I would love to see that style hybrid come out more often...Need me a Goon-Roundhouse and a TM2-Roundhouse

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted about it and a bunch of other True Hybrid RDA/Mods the other day on here for someone...I would love to see that style hybrid come out more often...Need me a Goon-Roundhouse and a TM2-Roundhouse
Roundhouse ?

VAPE ON

OhMG

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vote the Boreas... in looks and performance... she is a great rig :)

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the Boreas in black last night... hope i like it.. just really don't like the dull look of it.. but the only place i could even hear one bad thing about it was from grimm green everyone else gave it crazy good reviews.. What i wished was that I could watch a review that compared the griffin to the boreas but no such luck.. either way doesn't matter anymore cause i bought it..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Roundhouse ?

VAPE ON
emoji36.png
Yes the Kennedy Roundhouse.
I bought the Boreas in black last night... hope i like it.. just really don't like the dull look of it.. but the only place i could even hear one bad thing about it was from grimm green everyone else gave it crazy good reviews.. What i wished was that I could watch a review that compared the griffin to the boreas but no such luck.. either way doesn't matter anymore cause i bought it..
The Griffin is a few steps down from the Boreas...

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Green's review was the only negative one.

Hope you enjoy it!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be ready to be blown away, it's a beautiful tank IMO

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Grimms review was negative as he builds senselessly..he uses the same 2 builds in everything and then decides if it works well or not....everything will react differently with the same builds and thats not a good rating system, with larger RTA chambers you need to build bigger to take up the open real estate of the air will not have the same flavor charge as one with a small chamber....Just because the 2 builds he used didnt work well for the tank doesnt mean the tank should get a negative review...he should know this by now with 7 years of vaping under his belt....

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to throw a vote in for the VCMT. I have an authentic and two clones. I love them, even with their weep from built up condsation. Great flavor, most airflow I've ever had in a RTA, easy leak free top fill, easy build (with a little learning curve),and killer looks.

I also like the Griffen 25. Had a Boreas. Fell out of love quickly. Didn't love the draw or the integrated JFC/AFC.

I have a avocado 24 in the mail. Also got my eye on a herkules rta2, moonshot 24, cthulhu v3 rta, and the Mage RTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I vote Boreas big time

Btsmokincat

Member For 4 Years
Another vote for the Boreas! It's hard to beat it's versatility, vapor production and awesome flavor!

Back when "RDTA" was first coined I believe it had to do with how the airflow was positioned. RTA's tend to have airflow from below the coils and RDTA's have airflow that hit from the side like an RDA. Big Dripper, Pontus, Bellus, Aromamizer, Boreas, Smok TF-RDTA are all true examples of RDTA's, IMO.

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beginning to wonder if some on here don't work for Augvape :/

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beginning to wonder if some on here don't work for Augvape :/
Roxy works with augvape, as in they ask her for ideas, but the rest of us just really really like this tank. There's just nothing to really fault it on once you figure out the little quirks in wicking/filling.

larsopa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to throw a vote in for the VCMT. I have an authentic and two clones. I love them, even with their weep from built up condsation. Great flavor, most airflow I've ever had in a RTA, easy leak free top fill, easy build (with a little learning curve),and killer looks.

I also like the Griffen 25. Had a Boreas. Fell out of love quickly. Didn't love the draw or the integrated JFC/AFC.

I have a avocado 24 in the mail. Also got my eye on a herkules rta2, moonshot 24, cthulhu v3 rta, and the Mage RTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you take the afc ring off the vcmt the condensation problem is fixed. No more juice ring sitting under the rim of the tank. It does look a little weird, and obviously you have wide open air flow. To me the sacrafice is well worth it. I run it wide open anyway. Take a small flat screwdriver and put it in the airflow. Pry downward and the afc ring should start to come off. Do the other side and it should be loose enough to remove. Keep that little disc on so there won't be a gap between tank and mod. Just fyi in case you haven't tried and want to alleviate the leaky air flow holes.

VU Sponsors