Become a Patron!

Benefit of Electrical Grease

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I use a mechanical mod. That aside this can be helpful to those using regulated mods as well. I was sitting here briefly and experiencing some low quality vaping. I had already replaced a coil in one RDA and knew the other RDA was fine as far as coil/s. I checked and tightened the battery cap on each mod, two.

These steps taken I figured vaping ought to improve. Vaping did not improve. Well, I thought the next step would be to lube the mods up. This entails putting a dab of Ox-Gard (brand) electrical grease on the firing pin and the leaf spring firing arm. Electrical grease comes in a variety of brand names, No-Ox, Ox-Gard, Rust-Ease and so on.

After applying the dab of grease with a cotton swab, I turned the swab around to the dry end and wiped away excess. Then, vaping did indeed see improvement. Electrical grease contains trace amounts of zinc which is highly conductive. This helps to better the flow of current from the battery to the RDA, tank, atomizer. Thought such a benefit warranted notice. So, if you're having a crummy vape next time you might want to consider a dab of electrical grease. :)

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

I use a mechanical mod. That aside this can be helpful to those using regulated mods as well. I was sitting here briefly and experiencing some low quality vaping. I had already replaced a coil in one RDA and knew the other RDA was fine as far as coil/s. I checked and tightened the battery cap on each mod, two.

These steps taken I figured vaping ought to improve. Vaping did not improve. Well, I thought the next step would be to lube the mods up. This entails putting a dab of Ox-Gard (brand) electrical grease on the firing pin and the leaf spring firing arm. Electrical grease comes in a variety of brand names, No-Ox, Ox-Gard, Rust-Ease and so on.

After applying the dab of grease with a cotton swab, I turned the swab around to the dry end and wiped away excess. Then, vaping did indeed see improvement. Electrical grease contains trace amounts of zinc which is highly conductive. This helps to better the flow of current from the battery to the RDA, tank, atomizer. Thought such a benefit warranted notice. So, if you're having a crummy vape next time you might want to consider a dab of electrical grease. :)
That grease is conductive while OK for end cap threads you should NOT use on the pin or connector unless you want a short with blowing yourself up! SUICIDE I TELL YOU

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dielectric grease I can see and I've used it on threads and on 510 pins but conductive grease no way. Not everyone gets it and I can see a novice filling the 510, screwing on the atty and boom.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2i1taNu

2i1mTkY

If the image displays correctly it is clear, or will be with this that I'm discussing the brass screw on the right hand side of the picture. This is a carry over suggestion from using Reo Grand mods as well. The Reo site itself sells the grease. Plenty of Reo users apply this grease on the positive firing pin / screw and positive carrying leaf spring / arm. Here is the compound I discuss using and call electrical grease. The promotional material praises the benefits of having zinc in the compound. This company is not the only company what produces such a compound and as I stated it comes sold under various brand names. I chose to be generic and call it electrical grease, grease used to help electrical connectivity. Thus far there's not been any significant reporting of suicidal explosions, or anyone vaping nasty grease through the 510 connection pin thank you. :)

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In that situation the conductive grease is ok but on a regulated mod the only place to use it is on the 510 itself and that's a bad idea. I think the replies you got were because you were advocating greasing up the 510

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In that situation the conductive grease is ok but on a regulated mod the only place to use it is on the 510 itself and that's a bad idea. I think the replies you got were because you were advocating greasing up the 510

Ah, okay I was thinking of greasing up the firing pins like in a mechanical on some of the regulated ones what did not obscure them. :) * goes to look at some of his regulated ones, it's been a while *

Update:

on the firing pin and the leaf spring firing arm.

Come back and read what I wrote and what others wrote. Sorry. I still do not find warrant in that being moved to the what not to do thread.

What I wrote originally made no reference at all to the 510 connector, in any way. Ergo, why the dramatics about a short and suicide? Plenty of others and myself do use conductive grease on the firing mechanisms, without any dire risks thus far. In fact, it does at times as I originally stated improve vaping.

Spoke with someone away from the various vaping forums regarding this for a while. I could understand not using the grease on the 510 connector. That could be hazardous in the extent that it would contaminate the ejuice. Figure no one wants to inhale heavy metals, the most likely thing to be the hazard, if one applied the grease to the 510 connector.

My original text however did not state to apply grease to the 510 connector. All I suggested was using it on the firing mechanisms. And there again, there's many visiting the forum here and other various fora regarding vaping that do that. So far, no one reports any explosive shorts, or shorts from using the grease in such a manner.

It would seem if it were an issue of such a scope, there would be more discussion of it, or even any. There's none since December of two years ago when I posted the original suggestion.

I apologize if this petty to harp, or seems harping. My only concern lies in perception here. Even a single issue of something suggested being moved to "what not to do" can carry repercussions for one's appearance. In that sense, I kind of see it as akin to defamation of character. That is why I'm having difficulty in well, first understanding why it got moved here, second wondering if an apology might be owed.

Granted I'm no saint nor rocket scientist. That doesn't mean I'm a complete fool either, or without compassion and emotion. Well, excuse me. I need to go find an article about history.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors