Beginning DIYer

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Guys i want to start mixing my own juices and try to stock pile up on them (TY Congress, got I hope that bill doesn't pass) just in case you know? Im not totally sure where to begin with it tho. I know i want make a juice that has max flavor (flavor chaser ftw lol :) ) and i know for that i need a higher PG based juice. But past just that ive got zero idea on where to begin... :) any advice/help is greatly appreciated

P.S. I did look at the diy thread on here but didnt find much that was helpful other then safe nic handling.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With flavor more is less, putting too much flavor makes your e-liquid worst not more flavorful.
Using high VG requires adjustment to flavor but a minor one.
Start with small quantities of flavor (2-3% each) and go up from there, besides there are recipes around you can try.
To get more flavor use an atomizer that produces more flavor.
You will need both PG and VG, Nic base, flavor concentrates and tools to work with.
Most use between 80VG/20PG to 50/50
You can stockpile on Nic base, PG and VG but before you stockpile on flavors, you should buy small quantities and experiment.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

Read, read, then read some more. Check out all the sub-forums here under DIY like http://vapingunderground.com/forums/how-to-diy-tutorials.51/ and http://vapingunderground.com/forums/diy-e-liquid-guides-tips-tricks.49/

Then head over to the recipes forum and choose couple of recipes that sound good to you. Just buy the flavors for those recipes so you aren't out a bunch of bucks if you find it isn't for you. There are lots of places that sell flavors, I use Bull City Vapes, ecigexpress, and Mama J's Flavor Shack the most. You can get a nic sample for the cost of shipping from Nude Nicotine. Most places sell VG, PG, syringes for measuring, and bottles. Then enjoy your personally made juice! Cheers!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have learned from the experts here, like yourself...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because we see at least 3 or 4 of these a day...LOL Shame we can't require actual reading before you post...but hey, it's easier just to start a thread. I get it, but I just rarely respond anymore.
I think it happens sometimes because the search function is very well hidden. At least on a mobile phone browser. I know I've probably asked questions that have already been answered sometimes because it took me a week or two to find the search button. Doesn't apply to the sticky threads really, because they're right out front, but there are some very old threads that are hard to wade back to.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since figuring out how to search threads I've been able to navigate the threads much easier.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I think it happens sometimes because the search function is very well hidden. At least on a mobile phone browser. I know I've probably asked questions that have already been answered sometimes because it took me a week or two to find the search button. Doesn't apply to the sticky threads really, because they're right out front, but there are some very old threads that are hard to wade back to.

Because we see at least 3 or 4 of these a day...LOL Shame we can't require actual reading before you post...but hey, it's easier just to start a thread. I get it, but I just rarely respond anymore.

plus its a forum..... if you expect no re-posts or re-asks then your in the wrong place lol. I asked because the things i saw in some of the other threads like this was more of people complaining about re-posts or not giving the info being asked bu the OP/what im looking for lol.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Everyone wants different info.... Dont be that guy :)

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
plus its a forum..... if you expect no re-posts or re-asks then your in the wrong place lol. I asked because the things i saw in some of the other threads like this was more of people complaining about re-posts or not giving the info being asked bu the OP/what im looking for lol.
Righto. I wasn't chastising you Drackeo, BTW. Just explaining my reasons for posting questions sometimes. I think that for the most part, this forum is a really good one for exchanging ideas and info. There are a few I've seen who'd rather grumble at you, but I really appreciate the advice I've gotten here so far. And I've found tons of useful info.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Righto. I wasn't chastising you Drackeo, BTW. Just explaining my reasons for posting questions sometimes. I think that for the most part, this forum is a really good one for exchanging ideas and info. There are a few I've seen who'd rather grumble at you, but I really appreciate the advice I've gotten here so far. And I've found tons of useful info.

Yah i know you weren't lol. You were helpin me out, thanks for that btw :D What his name was tho :/ And a couple others who posted on this thread. But i i just joined up and got a lot of good info from the people on here :) (even tho they were ALL probably re-posts ;) )

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yah i know you weren't lol. You were helpin me out, thanks for that btw :D What his name was tho :/ And a couple others who posted on this thread. But i i just joined up and got a lot of good info from the people on here :) (even tho they were ALL probably re-posts ;) )
I am a noob here, but I've been in the same job for 12 years, so I'm old hat at the lab. I have noticed that new employees there sometimes get talked down to and I don't like it much. Yes, the standard operating procedures are there to read, but sometimes they need to hear it from someone. I am there to do my job, firtst, but secondly to help them learn theirs. Experience is a valuable thing to have and share. I'll get off my soapbox now. LOL. This thread has veered a bit off path. My fault. Hope you have fun with DIY. It's a learning curve, and I'm right there at the beginning with you.

VU Sponsors