Become a Patron!

Beginner looking for flavor!

Hello! I'm new here, and kind of new to vaping. I've been trying for a couple months but it's not going well. My son hooked me with his enormous clouds and big flavor, but I hate the size and weight of his smok box mods. I do like his Stick Prince, but I still wanted something smaller. I got a smok Novo because it was the cutest thing I've ever seen and feels amazing in the hand. I'm completely in love. Except - I can't taste anything! I was using bargin price liquid so I put some El Presidente in and I can taste it a little. But honestly, it's not enough to entice me to just vape. I was resigned to getting a Prince, or Prince baby, until I saw the Aspire Nautilus. OMG how cute is that! The youtube videos are saying it has great flavor. What do you all think? If I can barely taste expensive juice in a Novo, is it worth trying another pod, or should I suck it up and get the Prince? If I have to get the Prince, how do I not cough like an idiot every time I use it?

P.S I will not use anything with a screen, or more than one button. Sorry! Oh and I'm using 70/30 with 3mg nicotine. I am a smoker but not addicted to nicotine as I can go the whole day w/o if circumstances dictate, and I barely inhale, I don't like more than 1 or 2 throat hits per cig. I just need the hand motion and ritual I guess.

Thanks for your advice and patience ;-)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello! I'm new here, and kind of new to vaping. I've been trying for a couple months but it's not going well. My son hooked me with his enormous clouds and big flavor, but I hate the size and weight of his smok box mods. I do like his Stick Prince, but I still wanted something smaller. I got a smok Novo because it was the cutest thing I've ever seen and feels amazing in the hand. I'm completely in love. Except - I can't taste anything! I was using bargin price liquid so I put some El Presidente in and I can taste it a little. But honestly, it's not enough to entice me to just vape. I was resigned to getting a Prince, or Prince baby, until I saw the Aspire Nautilus. OMG how cute is that! The youtube videos are saying it has great flavor. What do you all think? If I can barely taste expensive juice in a Novo, is it worth trying another pod, or should I suck it up and get the Prince? If I have to get the Prince, how do I not cough like an idiot every time I use it?

P.S I will not use anything with a screen, or more than one button. Sorry! Oh and I'm using 70/30 with 3mg nicotine. I am a smoker but not addicted to nicotine as I can go the whole day w/o if circumstances dictate, and I barely inhale, I don't like more than 1 or 2 throat hits per cig. I just need the hand motion and ritual I guess.

Welcome aboard...... This is the smallest I have..... It's made of wood so it's very light and small.....

I think so.... It's a Minikin V2 Kodama

But there are guys here with a lot of small tiny mods..... They will start soon.... Just wait.....

I recommend a mod like this to save you money.... You will start with little guys and you will keep developing a crave for more and better and bigger and you will end up with a similar mod to this one.......

And it will cost you a lot to get there.......

bf9643f8ee69575e214505fe83db5d29.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
or more than one button. Sorry! and I barely inhale, I don't like more than 1 or 2 throat hits per cig. I just need the hand motion and ritual I guess.
I am VERY new here and to vaping. but I think a Joyetech eGo AIO Starter KIT would do what you want. and it is pretty inexpensive.
I have one now, my very first mod. and I find it to be pretty comparable to a cig.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

The Prince and it's varients are DTL -direct to lung tanks. Novo and all Nautilus' are MTL-mouth to lung, like a cig.
If you're talking about this Nautilus, it holds more juice, uses coils that are known for flavor, and the battery @ 1,000Mah is better than Novo's 450Mah.
https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits535.html

There are about 5 Nautilus'
the one above,
the original 5ml,
the MIni,
the 2
the 2S

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ah, those Aspire Nautilus. Yeah, they are cute :)

I was reading this at first thinking you were talking about the tank.
I was like Pods? What pods?
aspire naut.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @DP1918 and hope you enjoy your stay~!

My vote for small and flavorful with decent clouds is the Pico

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I will not use anything with a screen, or more than one button.
I wouldn't rule out a screen. It gives you power adjustability. A tank like Nautilus 2S gives you air flow adjusability. 2 ingredients that have a large effect on vapor production (a little or a lot) and flavor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome aboard...... This is the smallest I have..... It's made of wood so it's very light and small.....

But there are guys here with a lot of small tiny mods..... They will start soon.... Just wait.....

I recommend a mod like this to save you money.... You will start with little guys and you will keep developing a crave for more and better and bigger and you will end up with a similar mod to this one.......

Damn Manny I thought it was a wrap. That thing is the bee's knees

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There's always the hardware thread when it's time to upgrade. Lol could spend a lot of money there but ohh the savings

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Damb good wrap.....ha ha... Thanks brother..... These pictures don't give it justice..... I took with flash to see if it pops the color of the wood..... ha
4f28e29f3d4ccdb965024e04d8d18b7a.jpg
d900d64291ca27bad7345910aa661807.jpg

2472f5197425e4c9c75f8769275309ad.jpg

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

And over $300.

@DP1918 , Vaping doesn't have to be expensive, but several here are hobbyists, so for hobbyists, it certainly can be.

I like the Pico, too, for small factor. I use rebuildable tanks and get great flavor with those, but for ease of use, rebuildables may not be what you want. I'd certainly go with a refillable tank, though, like the original Nautilus, or the 2.5ml Nautilus. Easy to use, the only maintenance involved is unscrewing a coil that needs replacing, and screwing another one in.

Pod systems are also gaining popularity. I don't use one, so can't recommend one, but I hear they've gotten better. @5150sick has one made by Aspire (same company that makes the Nautilus), and he just loves it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And over $300.

@DP1918 , Vaping doesn't have to be expensive, but several here are hobbyists, so for hobbyists, it certainly can be.

I like the Pico, too, for small factor. I use rebuildable tanks and get great flavor with those, but for ease of use, rebuildables may not be what you want. I'd certainly go with a refillable tank, though, like the original Nautilus, or the 2.5ml Nautilus. Easy to use, the only maintenance involved is unscrewing a coil that needs replacing, and screwing another one in.

Pod systems are also gaining popularity. I don't use one, so can't recommend one, but I hear they've gotten better. @5150sick has one made by Aspire (same company that makes the Nautilus), and he just loves it.
No idea it was that much. Wow

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And over $300.

I picked it up used on eBay (106) puffs or something like that maybe 126 puffs and I got also a Dead Rabbit RTA in Gold it still packed I'm the wrap...... It has 203 puffs now.....

The guy wanted $279.00 Buy now........ I emailed him and told him Asmodus is running a 15% Halloween and a 10% return customer discount .....On a new

and he sent me a message, make me an offer that will make us both happy... and got the Pay Now..... $175.00

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And over $300.

I loved the Original Nautilus and the Maganus tanks......

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The thing to consider when shopping for mods is the power you need to get the vape you want; and, the battery life needed.

I have a vaporshark dna250, which I bought for size. Problem is, at 60w I get about a 4 hour run time; because it uses a smaller lipo battery pack. So, I keep it at my desk where I can easily plug it in and use a paranormal or mechanical squonker the rest of the time.

You’ll probably be looking at dual battery mods, to get the combination of power and run time you want.

Not sure what you’re looking to spend, but the first that comes to
Mind for size and quality, would be the modefined Sirius
https://www.elementvape.com/modefined-sirius-200w-tc-box-mod
Or smoant Naboo
https://www.elementvape.com/smoant-naboo-225w-tc-box-mod

I prefer rdas; but, if you’re looking at tanks and already know of one you like, I would say stick with it. Why fix something not broken.

If you’re looking st rdas, I would check out the goons for vapor and clouds. They have become a standard of comparison and are relatively simple to build on.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I would say you should pray. Maybe Jesus performs vape miracles too. He turned water into wine, right?

The reason I am saying this.. is a one button mod is an all in one. Everything is hard wired at the factor, including the coils. It is what it is. The company, is saying here.. vape this. Don't like it? Well.. it was only one button.. and cheap.

(side note) I absolutely HATE the Dead Rabbit RDA. It is the donkey of all RDAs. Like a bastard cross between a race horse (clouds) and a pack mule (flavor) Mind you, if you like "meh" you might like the dead rabbit.. I prefer either clouds or flavors, which is why I have several different atomizers each with its own characteristics.
example Tsunami RDA = flavor / MutationX V5 = clouds.

Now the main difference between flavor vs cloud is the coil. Flavor coils are clapton, alien coils, stapled claptons, while cloud coils are straight forward single or paralell coils. (no wrapping of the core wire).

The more juice that can get inside the coil, the more flavor it will have.

Apparently, even with an all in one, you can usually replace the tank with a rebuildable deck. The problem is, you will have to learn to build coils to match the strict limitation of the mod. Example, if you mod fires between 0.09 abd 0.11 ohm, then 0.12 ohm coils will not work, and 0.08 ohm coils will not work. The plus side is, with a bit of practise and calculations, it isnt to hard to hit your mark.

Best suggestion, get used to a 3 button mod ( power up and down) and fire button, and you can tailor your vape to exactly what you like.

Of course, there is always prayer... but I'm still waiting for my H and C fawcetts to pour out red or white. Or maybe a nice chianti... with fava beans...

Also remember.. the size of your mod will determine how much power you have available to use. Flavor coils are fairly heavy, so need more power than would a simple, factory made coil. Something in the 80w range is still fairly small but has enough power to push smaller flavor coils. In other words, the smaller the mod, the less flavor you will get.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say you should pray. Maybe Jesus performs vape miracles too. He turned water into wine, right?

The reason I am saying this.. is a one button mod is an all in one. Everything is hard wired at the factor, including the coils. It is what it is. The company, is saying here.. vape this. Don't like it? Well.. it was only one button.. and cheap.

(side note) I absolutely HATE the Dead Rabbit RDA. It is the donkey of all RDAs. Like a bastard cross between a race horse (clouds) and a pack mule (flavor) Mind you, if you like "meh" you might like the dead rabbit.. I prefer either clouds or flavors, which is why I have several different atomizers each with its own characteristics.
example Tsunami RDA = flavor / MutationX V5 = clouds.

Now the main difference between flavor vs cloud is the coil. Flavor coils are clapton, alien coils, stapled claptons, while cloud coils are straight forward single or paralell coils. (no wrapping of the core wire).

The more juice that can get inside the coil, the more flavor it will have.

Apparently, even with an all in one, you can usually replace the tank with a rebuildable deck. The problem is, you will have to learn to build coils to match the strict limitation of the mod. Example, if you mod fires between 0.09 abd 0.11 ohm, then 0.12 ohm coils will not work, and 0.08 ohm coils will not work. The plus side is, with a bit of practise and calculations, it isnt to hard to hit your mark.

Best suggestion, get used to a 3 button mod ( power up and down) and fire button, and you can tailor your vape to exactly what you like.

Of course, there is always prayer... but I'm still waiting for my H and C fawcetts to pour out red or white. Or maybe a nice chianti... with fava beans...

Also remember.. the size of your mod will determine how much power you have available to use. Flavor coils are fairly heavy, so need more power than would a simple, factory made coil. Something in the 80w range is still fairly small but has enough power to push smaller flavor coils. In other words, the smaller the mod, the less flavor you will get.
I'm using my Infinite V3 as we speak....
635a4c2d6ff559e6fc053a600015c4ee.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

First off ... most pod systems are not intended to be flavor monsters. They are the "introduction to vaping" experience for smokers looking for that authentic cig draw while also getting the nicotine they "need". If your looking for more flavor your likely going to have to buy an actual mod and atomizer. If your looking for compact mod I've heard great things about the Eleaf Pico series. You can peruse your options HERE

Second - The mod and juice you choose are not the only things that affects your vape experience. A HUGE part of it is your atomizer and coils. . You mentioned the nautilus, I had one many moons ago on an E-leaf I-Stick 50w. I really enjoyed the .5 ohm coil for it.

Some food for thought :D

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is also a flavorful Subohm tank .... It's a VGOD PRO Subtank...... It comes with custom SS316 Quad mesh Shotgun coils @ .20 ohms.
eedfef70a09629c6f9f40cd245119d0a.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This little flavor beast...... It's small but flavorful...... The Stumpy.....
c18649416b5846409f4dee8803ccc02e.jpg
98695d5239c9d685d739c9942e23f83b.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Triple T V2 offers great flavor, amazing build deck and 8ml e-juice capacity.....

And clouds like no other.....none
b6dc25586c74bdb6aaf3bc37b5b74cde.jpg
e7af03d15a8e3da70a7ef1b0a3c86b69.jpg
98dc65926a360d53c1b12731fa9f0520.jpg

b6704fc3cf6cb7a8567dd0d9fdcde26e.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors