Become a Patron!

BEAST coil build in Cloud Chasing for Tesla Invader III FT. Sub Zero RDA.

Hi guys, I have a new Semi Mech Mod. Any suggestion for best cloud chasing build for these?

My new mod is Tesla Invader III ft. Subzero RDA and a pair of LG HG2

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So there are a lot of choices here man. It depends on a lot of stuff so if you could answer these questions, we should be able to get you started with something.
What is your normal wattage you vape at?
What do you have for building materials?
What is the VG/PG of your juice?
How familiar are you with building?

Let me know these and we can definitely narrow down a solid build for you!

Vape On!
Murse

So there are a lot of choices here man. It depends on a lot of stuff so if you could answer these questions, we should be able to get you started with something.
What is your normal wattage you vape at?
What do you have for building materials?
What is the VG/PG of your juice?
How familiar are you with building?

Let me know these and we can definitely narrow down a solid build for you!

Vape On!
Murse

How to compute the wattage for Tesla V3.. it has only gears.. ranging from I-V so I usually go to gear V which is 6.5volts..
A drill, 22awg and 24awg kanthal wires, ohm meter and a set of screw drivers.. I mostly buy 80/20 VG/PG juices.. I started vaping almost 2 months ago.. But I do research on How to..

jaymoe

Member For 1 Year
i would like to have someone break this down numbers to watts like how many watts is 1 or 2 or 3 no clue

jaymoe

Member For 1 Year
i put a cylin rdta by JayBo auto drip get a burnt tast after one hit been driping good thing it has that cause flow wont go waiting on a twisted messes RDA all i got is 26/32 clapton wire will it work on one of this atomizer deck i have
s

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i would like to have someone break this down numbers to watts like how many watts is 1 or 2 or 3 no clue

Mods with potentiometers (the wheels that say I - V) work like this, V is maximum voltage the batteries can supply - wattage depends on how charged the batteries are because battery voltage goes down as they lose charge, as well as the resistance of the coil drawing the power

For two batteries in series, the voltage fully charged is 8.4 volts (4.2 volts times two)

Think of I - V as percentages, with V being 100% voltage possible - wattage can only be estimated because mods can't really transfer a full 8.4 volts from battery to atomiser because of "voltage drop" caused by all the little wires and connections inside the mod - a little voltage is lost even inside the battery when power is pulled from it

Hope that helps

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i put a cylin rdta by JayBo auto drip get a burnt tast after one hit been driping good thing it has that cause flow wont go waiting on a twisted messes RDA all i got is 26/32 clapton wire will it work on one of this atomizer deck i have
s

Yes, it will work

jaymoe

Member For 1 Year
i still would like to know if say like fully charged samsung 25R i have in it. What would it be puting out in watts not volts s on number 1 2 so on. by the way i got this Cylin working wick was to high plugged the flow now i just open it while i am hitting it and turn it off no more driping fog this motor home right up. Just waiting on my twisted messes to get here Friday my first coil build. cut lose on the juice

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i still would like to know if say like fully charged samsung 25R i have in it. What would it be puting out in watts not volts s on number 1 2 so on. by the way i got this Cylin working wick was to high plugged the flow now i just open it while i am hitting it and turn it off no more driping fog this motor home right up. Just waiting on my twisted messes to get here Friday my first coil build. cut lose on the juice

You could use a volt meter while firing and then plug in volts and coil resistance (ohms) in a calculator to get the exact wattage

Calculator:

http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

There's no way otherwise to know the exact wattage

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
"Cut loose on the juice" could potentially be the greatest single vape one liner ever. You need to put that on a tshirt and sell it before China steals your idea. Wait, nevermind they just put out a line of t-shirts with that slogan. welcome to VU.

http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Once you know what your coil is doing add that + battery specs and viola. Call the Samsung 25R 4.2volts (or read it from a volt meter after its charged) and 20 Amps.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What would it be puting out in watts not volts s on number 1 2 so on.
Supposedly, it is a 240 watt device. But that is actually dependent on the coils. According to the specs, the output voltage is from 3.6v-6.6v.

The only way to determine the actual wattage is to know how many amps the coil(s) are pulling.
  • WATTS = AMPxVOLTS
So, say if you're running a pair of single wire N80 coil, 24 gauge, 3.0mm inside diameter, 6/7 wraps. The pair would draw about 3.88 amps per volt. If you're running the mod at halfway between I and V (about 5.1v), 3.88x5.1=19.79 amps are being pulled by the coils. Now multiply 19.79 amps x 5.1 volts, and your wattage at 50% power will be approximately 101 watts.

Now, if you were running the same configuration, but with fused Clapton coils, your wattage will change. If the coils are 28g N80 cores and 38g outer wrap, they would be pulling about 13.26 amps. Multiply that by 5.1 again, and now you have an output of about 67.62 watts.

Also, these numbers are based on a set of fully charged batteries, with zero voltage drop. So your actual wattage will be a little less than the figures I stated, and will continue to diminish as you use the mod.

I hope this wasn't too confusing. I took me a while to figure this stuff out too.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors