Become a Patron!

Battery safety question

Hey everyone,
I recently just bought the Smoktech XPRO M80 Plus box mod. My goal in vaping is to be safe while doing so. I was wondering what the max amps i should run it at with the two built in 18650 Li-Polymer batteries (4400 mAh) is? Is it safe to use .2 or .5 sub ohm resistance coils while running about 50-70 watts? I want to remain below 5 volts at all times but am very curious about what the max amps i should be using are with the batteries. If anyone could answer these questions that would be incredibly helpful

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bud and welcome to VU :)

To answer your question...you have a regulated device with a "chipset" in it that works like a little brain. It's programmed to work within a certain power range with certain resistance coils so your device know's what it can handle and what it can't. .2 ohm coils should be alright for it. I would google your devices specs so you learn and know for yourself about it instead of me doing it for you. I will tell you this....those LiPo packs in it are designed to handle more amps than the device will put out and going over five volts is fine as long as the device will fire it. If the device is firing coils and resistances outside of it's spec'd range than I would exchange it, but as long as it behaves as spec'd you should be fine.

The device is designed to put out as high as 80 watts in power mode and I will say this...no website including smok tech's tells what the max voltage output is so you'll have to put something like a .5 ohm coil on there and crank it up to see what it max's out at. Also, every store's website I visit says it can fire down to a .1 ohm resistance but smoke tech's website (the people who actually make it,) says it only fires down to .2 so I would stay at .2 ohms or higher just to be safe.

Just taking a guess without knowing which batteries are in there I would guess that they are wired in parallel since it advertises a 4400 mah lifespan and that you've got 2 15 or 20 amp continuous drain lipo packs in there because it would have to pull more amps than it is putting out to create the power demanded on it amp wise from those low ohm coils.

Extra info that you really don't need: the reason I am saying it must be configured the way it is is because if it was a series type box mod like the sigelei 100 or 150 or the ipv3/4 you wouldn't get the lifespan they claim and you would have to have 2 30 amp lipo packs in there to safely meet the amps demanded from the battery....series wired mods are really hard to explain in just a few words so take smok tech for there word, and mine if you want, and know that your mod is wired in parallel so you should have no worries about amp drain whatsoever because it won't let you pull more amps than your batteries can handle.

hope this helps...happy vaping and any other questions please don't be afraid to ask...there are no stupid questions, only stupid reasons for not asking them.

Cheers :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Moved to Battery Junkies. We have a bunch of awesome, knowledgeable vapers here.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It should say what the limit is ohms wise on the specs of the M80...Any battery is really a risk and we just roll with it ..To maybe feel more secure ,just build above the limit and enjoy it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a built-in lipo, the manufacturer will set the minimum resistance specs - I believe it's around the 0.2 range on the M80...basically if the mod will fire it, go for it.

VU Sponsors