Become a Patron!

Battery damaged

Hi,
I would like to ask. I vaped and charged the battery only in mod, now I putted the batteries out of mod and the battery looks like damaged. Can u tell me if the battery is dangerous? What happende?

Attachments

• 19867021_762252887268566_790480734_o.jpg
    19867021_762252887268566_790480734_o.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 27

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had one like that. I don't use it anymore. Batteries are on the lower side of expenses in vaping. If you can get your hands on an external charger, you might be better off, too. Everything I've read about safety says to charge externally, so I do.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion that almost looks like e-Liquid contamination under the wrap. I can't tell from the picture but the insulator at the top looks kind of dark. If it is e-Liquid then it is a candidate for a re-wrap but as Huck said when in doubt throw it out! (Recycle)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi,
I would like to ask. I vaped and charged the battery only in mod, now I putted the batteries out of mod and the battery looks like damaged. Can u tell me if the battery is dangerous? What happende?
That is a Sony isn't it?

For some reason, which no one seems to have worked out yet, this is a common problem with Sony's. The battery is fine to use, if you remove the wrapper those marks wipe off with a finger.

You can rewrap if you want, it is just an odd thing that happens sometimes with Sony's.

VU Sponsors