Become a Patron!

Battery and charger question?

Hello! I ordered a k101 as my first mod the other day and it's on its way now. I also ordered an Efest purple 18650 2500mah 35amp battery as well to sub ohm:p my question is, can I recharge the Efest battery on the Kamry charger that comes with the k101 without problems? The kit also includes a battery fuse. I would buy a nitecore charger but any have any money left.

Also, I ordered pre built .5 ohm coils. Can I use them without a ohm meter? I don't have money for that right now either.

Thanks!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohm meter is a must and it's cheep, so do yourself a favor and get one.
Your Efests are in fact 20A and not 35A but can still be safely used with 0.5 ohm coils.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you plan on using the fuse, you need to know what the amp limit is for it, reason being that a .5 coil will blow the fuse if it was set for an 8amp limit, like a few of the newer ones are.

If you plan on using the fuse, you need to know what the amp limit is for it, reason being that a .5 coil will blow the fuse if it was set for an 8amp limit, like a few of the newer ones are.
So don't use the fuse while sub ohming?

My biggest concern is the charger, I just don't want the battery setting fire on the charger, I know the chance Is high but, I don't have money. Is it ok for like a week?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If the charger is what I think it is, it should be OK until you get a good one. Just make sure you don't leave the battery unattended while charging and remove the battery just as soon as the light turns green. And you do want to get an Ohm reader soon!

So priority is ohm reader over charger at this point? Will just about all vape shops carry them? Can I just use a single .5 ohm coil for now until I can get or use an ohm reader to read the resistence of dual .5 coils? And final question, can I use the fuse on the efest while it's charging just for extra safety?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That would be adding a wild card to the mix for no real benefit. Just use the charger as intended. Also it's likely that's a 5A fuse. It may be printed on the fuse. So .9 ohms would be the lowest you could go without tripping it, 1 ohm to be safe. It may or not be a resettable fuse. If not, then if you do trip it, the fuse is toast. You can likely find an ohm meter at your local B&M but with a considerable markup.

Ok, well I'm going to try and find the money and order a nitecore i2 charger and simple ohm reader online within the next couple days. So in the mean time I'll just watch the battery as it charges and only use on .5 coil for now and wait till I get the ohm reader to do dual coils

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, well I'm going to try and find the money and order a nitecore i2 charger and simple ohm reader online within the next couple days. So in the mean time I'll just watch the battery as it charges and only use on .5 coil for now and wait till I get the ohm reader to do dual coils

Hello and welcome to the VU! I am glad you came here and asked these questions you did. It's obvious you're concerned with vaping safety and that is a big step in the right direction itself. :) My friend, I would go to http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/all and buy and Efest LUC V2 charger over the nitecore...I think you'll be much happier with it. They also have a good ohms meter there for like 14 bucks which is cheap, and it's a good little one. I have a couple different ohms readers and this is one of them. They're is also the coupon code "LV15" to give you 15 percent off your order and shipping is free.

for forty bucks you can get a good charger and a good ohm's reader with the discount code...for under sixty you could also get a pair of Samsung 25R batteries with it or VTC 4's

I understand vaping on a tight budget...we've all been there. But these are essential tools to safe and happy vaping. The charger you have will work fine to get you started as long as you don't leave it unattended. But a good charger, meter, and batteries and essential and required for happy and safe vaping in the long run. Best of luck to you and as always...

Happy Vaping! :)

Hello and welcome to the VU! I am glad you came here and asked these questions you did. It's obvious you're concerned with vaping safety and that is a big step in the right direction itself. :) My friend, I would go to http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/all and buy and Efest LUC V2 charger over the nitecore...I think you'll be much happier with it. They also have a good ohms meter there for like 14 bucks which is cheap, and it's a good little one. I have a couple different ohms readers and this is one of them. They're is also the coupon code "LV15" to give you 15 percent off your order and shipping is free.

for forty bucks you can get a good charger and a good ohm's reader with the discount code...for under sixty you could also get a pair of Samsung 25R batteries with it or VTC 4's

I understand vaping on a tight budget...we've all been there. But these are essential tools to safe and happy vaping. The charger you have will work fine to get you started as long as you don't leave it unattended. But a good charger, meter, and batteries and essential and required for happy and safe vaping in the long run. Best of luck to you and as always...

Happy Vaping! :)

I'm going to pick up an ohm meter at a local vape shop:) and thank you for your help! Now with the charger, you prefer that one but will the nitecore be a problem?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to pick up an ohm meter at a local vape shop:) and thank you for your help! Now with the charger, you prefer that one but will the nitecore be a problem?

no, the nitecore will do the job just fine...but the old I2 only charges at 500 mah as apposed to 1 amp on the LUC V2. I have both chargers and the V2 stays cooler and has a digital display as apposed to a couple of lights. It doesn't matter where you get an ohm checker as long as you get one...I have a few of them as well as a digital multimeter...I just buy them online because it's cheaper...but you're right, getting one from a B&M is a good idea because the sooner you have it the better :)

no, the nitecore will do the job just fine...but the old I2 only charges at 500 mah as apposed to 1 amp on the LUC V2. I have both chargers and the V2 stays cooler and has a digital display as apposed to a couple of lights. It doesn't matter where you get an ohm checker as long as you get one...I have a few of them as well as a digital multimeter...I just buy them online because it's cheaper...but you're right, getting one from a B&M is a good idea because the sooner you have it the better :)
So the LUC V2 charges faster?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the LUC V2 charges faster?

yes, much faster, and has a more detailed display of the status of your charging...it's a better charger all around IMHO...and if memory serves, I haven't read a post in a thread where someone switched from the nitecore to the LUC and was unhappy about it. plus...i am not certain but I am pretty sure it also comes with a plug for your car so you can charge your batteries while driving...the nitecore i2 doesn't

Ok well I will,take that into consideration! Sadly I can't really afford it but I will definitly look into upgrading soon. I'm just starting with a 3rd job (struggling with money and bills:/) so once I get going I'll get one! Thank you!

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok well I will,take that into consideration! Sadly I can't really afford it but I will definitly look into upgrading soon. I'm just starting with a 3rd job (struggling with money and bills:/) so once I get going I'll get one! Thank you!

You might save a little money buying the items madmonkey covered by buying at IMR batteries. Prices are lower on some things, but I don't recall what they do for shipping. http://www.imrbatteries.com/battery-chargers/

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really like the LUC chargers as well, it's all we carry at the moment. It's what I personally use.

VU Sponsors