Become a Patron!

batteries seem to be going through a divorce?

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
ok i bought this pair a few months back to be a married set but for some reason one seems to be losing its charge faster thann the other i am running them in a new evic dual i just got new years eve is it the mod ? causing this? or my charger is junk ?or is it better to just trash them and buy a new set of batteries if thats the case any good online sites for 3000 mah 18650 batteries thx for any replies new member first post oh yeah need suggestions for good brands also that can hold up for heavy chain vaping while i watch hockey games haha

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming you're not charging your cells in the mod, if one cell has less capacity than the other you just got a dud cell. It happens out of thousands of batteries especially if it's not an authentic samsung, sony or LG.
What batteries are you running?

I buy from liionwholesale, good deal on authentic LG HG2 brown 3000mah cells.

Last edited:

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thx for the fast reply no i put them in a charger to rechargei originally bought them to use in my fuchai 213w mod they were sold to me as samsung batteries but box only had an hg2 on the side but i am thinking they are generics i just thought of another question sorry is itbetter to use same set for each mod i mean i keep married set the same but i rotate my pairs out as in use one set while other set is charging

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Samsung 25r are green the LG HG2 are brown. Another +1 for https://liionwholesale.com/
Also mods don't always draw the same from each battery so some difference is normal that's why you should rotate the batteries.
Some batteries have a slightly different internal resistance and will have slightly different discharge curves.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Assuming you're not charging your cells in the mod, if one cell has less capacity than the other you just got a dud cell. It happens out of thousands of batteries especially if it's not an authentic samsung, sony or LG.
What batteries are you running?

I buy from liionwholesale, good deal on authentic LG HG2 brown 3000mah cells.

I second the LG HG2's (regulated). Also, Sony VTC5's (mechs), Samsungs 25R's (both) are the only batteries I buy. Also, if your batteries get warm/hot, your mah decreases.

As other's have said, charge externally, 1 amp/.5 amp charging, best for fullest charge possible and saves battery longevity. Charge 2 amp does charge faster if time is a factor but stresses the battery and may shorten the battery's life you always charge at high amps.

It's why I tend to own dozens of batteries (counted 32), no new ones, even the non use of a battery shortens life span.. same as starting your car at least once a month, if you don't and never drive it, it'll have a harder time starting, like when I was stationed in Alaska during the winter, I always had to start my car, run the engine, then shut it off.

Last edited:

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thx for your reply i always rotate my sets cause nothing sucks more than being stuck with dead batteries while out an about but i just confused my self more lookin at liion website those batteries say 20a mine say 3.7 volts are they the same as mine and ok to use?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Batteries are married to each other, not the mod.
Yeah, pick up some authentic batteries from liions.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thx for your reply i always rotate my sets cause nothing sucks more than being stuck with dead batteries while out an about but i just confused my self more lookin at liion website those batteries say 20a mine say 3.7 volts are they the same as mine and ok to use?
Yes most batteries are 20 amp CDR there are a few 30 amp batteries like the LG HB series and some Sony's but nothing higher. If any battery label clams higher they lie or are showing a meaningless pulse rate. The Samsung 30Q is also tested out to 20 amps CDR. The higher the amp rating the lower the MAH rating and will need charging more often. You can trust Liion to be honest in his testing and what he sells.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wonder when the bride and groom battery wrappers will be available? :huh:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May I ask what charger you are using?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
nitecore intillicharger i2
ok..that's a decent charger..I used one for quite sometime and still do use mine...reason I asked is there are a lot of junk chargers out there...Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a Trustfire charger or something like that.

A lot of new chargers are now charging at 1 amp plus and that's great for a fast charge but its hell on the batteries..stick with .5 amp which your Nitecore charger is using.

As mentioned sometimes a cell ends up being a bad one..it just happens.....Unfortunately youll need to re marry a new pair of batteries..I also shop at and recommend liion wholesale as a place to buy batteries.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thx for the info already ordered a new pair but i feel like i got ripped off kinda from the vape shop over the price of the batteries haha cause i got a set for the cost of one battery from the vape shop i buy juice from but its all good they gotta make money to i guess any how thx again to you all for the liion wholsale referal and the info about batteries

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah in reality keeping a set of batteries truly married beyond the first charge is a myth........... Reason no 2 chargers or bays charge 100% the same each time and to top it off the mod doesn't DRAW power from the batteries evenly. Then theres the simple fact that no 2 batteries are even made 100% exactly the same. It variation on top of variation. we marry the batts to minimize variables....

Sounds to me like you mod draws harder on one battery Position vs the other... You might number the batts and be very carefull to rotate their placement, to balance the load over time. It might also help identify if the issue is MOD related or just a weak battery.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's about the markup at a vape shop over online pricing. And you may or may not be getting an authentic (even though they think they bought authentics).

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thats a good suggestion its one dud i just nmbered the set in doubt and swapped mods and both reading one same battery showing up weaker than the other thx again

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thx fq06 i dont really mind i always get deals on the juice i buy there or anything i need to buy its a decent shop with good customer loyaty perks i just got paranoid after reading the stuff about rewraps and efest batteries etc but now i know just happened to get dud cell and found new place to get batteries so for now its back to old evic mini to vape while i wait for my good pair to charge up

frigusoris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah in reality keeping a set of batteries truly married beyond the first charge is a myth........... Reason no 2 chargers or bays charge 100% the same each time and to top it off the mod doesn't DRAW power from the batteries evenly. Then theres the simple fact that no 2 batteries are even made 100% exactly the same. It variation on top of variation. we marry the batts to minimize variables....

Sounds to me like you mod draws harder on one battery Position vs the other... You might number the batts and be very carefull to rotate their placement, to balance the load over time. It might also help identify if the issue is MOD related or just a weak battery.

It's not as hard as you're making it sound to keep batteries "married". If you have a mod that doesn't monitor cells carefully, or you have a questionable charger, you WILL run into balance issues eventually.

On the other hand, If you have either a mod that does a good job of power management or a good quality charger that tells you exactly what the voltage, charge rate, and mAh put into the cell then you'll have no issues keeping batteries paired unless the cells themselves are at fault.

My batteries always charge within 20 mAh of each other, and I'm using a hobby grade charger to charge one cell at a time. (A Hitec X1-AC Pro charger)

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May I ask what charger you are using?

I have 3 chargers total, 2 are the same..
  1. (2) Efest LUC Blu 6 Bay OLED Intelligent Bluetooth Charger's (at home)
  2. And my original charger that came with my first vaping set up: Tenergy TN270 Li-ion Battery 2 BayCharger (at work)
I love my Efest LUCs. I highly recommend it if you don't already have an intelligent charger; fixes dead batteries (hmm), fully charges completely drained batteries where some won't charge, bluetooth (never used it), LED battery indicator for each of the 6 batteries (handy), and for option of charging my batteries between .5a, 1a, and/or 2a (fast), "and" because I can charge some at 1a or 2a at the same time. I always opt for the .5a, it takes longer but I still have a couple of 18650s from my 2nd mod 4 years ago, going strong, not dead yet. Quite shocked to say the least. I'm never in a rush because I always have more fully charged than not. Batteries aren't the thing I like to spend money on, rather I like to spend it on RDAs, MODs, and juice more; but, take care of your stuff, it'll last longer.

VU Sponsors