Become a Patron!

Batteries left in mailbox.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really hope one day the higher ups of this forum see what damage one person can do to this forum, I wonder if new people see threads like this, and are now scared to ask questions because they may get insulted and belittled by one well known bully insulting member, it is good VU isn’t strict on rules, but sometimes too little of rules can be as bad as to many.
There is a vape forum where the mods will slam down the ban hammer whenever people get out of line. If that's the kind of atmosphere you like, go over there. VU let's people be people, which means some people are assholes. If someone gets scared away from VU because another user was mean, there is a place they can go. I prefer the freedom to speak however I want to speak, even if it means I have to deal with jerks sometimes.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a vape forum where the mods will slam down the ban hammer whenever people get out of line. If that's the kind of atmosphere you like, go over there. BY let's people be people, which means some people are assholes. If someone gets scared away from VU because another user was mean, there is a place they can go. I prefer the freedom to speak however I want to speak, even if it means I have to deal with jerks sometimes.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly. I suspect people have always been sensitive but in today's culture some people seem to believe they have a right not to be offended, insulted, disagreed with, whatever. They have no hesitation to complain and demand that others stop behaving in a manner they don't like. One of the greatest American rights is the freedom of speech. I'm American and I know first hand what it is like to live in countries where freedom of speech is heavily curtailed. A lot of Americans may not know it, but the US is headed down that path mainly propelled by those who are overly sensitive.

There are annoying people everywhere and one sign of maturity has always been learning how to deal with them. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." This is also true for all of your feelings. No one can offend you without your consent. By allowing others to offend you or hurt your feelings, you have given up your power to them. You have become weak and helpless and, to some, a tempting target. If someone is bothered here by how someone talks here, then put them on ignore. That's the responsible and adult way of dealing with people you don't like.

Last edited:

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
Oh ho man, speaking of seeing people being dumb with batteries, I went to some party the other night, and this dude showed me his mod, looked HUGE! Dude, opened it up and I saw 5, yes 5 18650s! Each COMPLETELY different cells! No joke! Some generic yellow rewraps, a couple of purple efest cells (I'll never trust those!) And some generic cells with black wraps and ridiculous ratings on em. I'm talking "40A" (riiiiiiight...) Mixed with 30s and 20s. I could just see the danger lol not to mention he was charging that funky setup through the mods USB port. YIKES!
Oh my!!!! Just put a HUGE DANGER sign on that dude.. So stupid.. I myself use the Brown LG 18650 and the green sanyo or samsung its been a while since i ordered any.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh ho man, speaking of seeing people being dumb with batteries, I went to some party the other night, and this dude showed me his mod, looked HUGE! Dude, opened it up and I saw 5, yes 5 18650s! Each COMPLETELY different cells! No joke! Some generic yellow rewraps, a couple of purple efest cells (I'll never trust those!) And some generic cells with black wraps and ridiculous ratings on em. I'm talking "40A" (riiiiiiight...) Mixed with 30s and 20s. I could just see the danger lol not to mention he was charging that funky setup through the mods USB port. YIKES!
This sounds like a friend my daughter had come by the house. He was showing off this HUGE mod that he "made" and the batteries were just like the one you describe. All different and all different ages. He got pissed at me when I told him he was stupid and don't sit by me. I told him where I buy my battery's and to do himself a favor and get some. Then my daughter got pissed and said I embarrassed her. They both left. I am OK with that. :giggle:

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
...They have no hesitation to complain and demand that others stop behaving in a manner they don't like. One of the greatest American rights is the freedom of speech. I'm American and I know first hand what it is like to live in countries where freedom of speech is heavily curtailed. A lot of Americans may not know it, but the US is headed down that path mainly propelled by those who are overly sensitive.

...If someone is bothered here by how someone talks here, then put them on ignore. That's the responsible and adult way of dealing with people you don't like.

We definitely are headed down that path and it's definitely off-putting. Living in Michigan and watching UofM create "safe spaces" on campus showed me just how ridiculous things have gotten.

But, for me at least freedom of speech has always (and will always) be centered around allowing people to voice different opinions, beliefs and viewpoints about something. Being a sarcastic asshole on the other hand isn't that but it should still be allowed. But (just like it has always been in the real world) freedom of speech has never meant speech without consequences. Now Steve can do and say whatever he wants, but calling him out for being a douchebag is, assuredly, a constant consequence for him.

We don't need mods involved. But if the community is at least self policing then it let's new people know that people will have their back when the "Steve's" of this community arrive.

BTW: Telling someone to block the person they disagree with is in fact the opposite of freedom of speech. Not dealing with the people of opposing viewpoints is what's gotten us this far (into restricted speech) in the first place.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But (just like it has always been in the real world) freedom of speech has never meant speech without consequences. Now Steve can do and say whatever he wants, but calling him out for being a douchebag is, assuredly, a constant consequence for him.

Bingo!

BTW: Telling someone to block the person they disagree with is in fact the opposite of freedom of speech. Not dealing with the people of opposing viewpoints is what's gotten us this far (into restricted speech) in the first place.

In reality, I started ignoring as asswipes such as Steve awhile back, and it has enhanced my experience on VU a lot - I can peak at their BS if I feel like it or am curious (like on this thread) and go right back to ignoring their boarish trolling

I put posters who annoy me on ignore also - yep. I'm all for it now, lol

I'll probably get trolled yet again for saying this, but whatever

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In reality, I started ignoring as asswipes such as Steve awhile back, and it has enhanced my experience on VU a lot - I can peak at their BS if I feel like it or am curious (like on this thread) and go right back to ignoring their boarish trolling

I put posters who annoy me on ignore also - yep. I'm all for it now, lol

I'll probably get trolled yet again for saying this, but whatever

I don't hold it against anyone for staying away from it. But I also don't suggest it. Having disagreements with people is healthy, unless you know your words are going on deaf ears. This is where the ignoring part ends up in creating more of those "deaf ears" people. If we end up only talking to the people who have the same beliefs as us (and live happily in those fishbowls) the likelihood of being open to any other viewpoint diminishes rapidly.

All of that doesn't mean that you or anyone else here falls into that category. But seeing how rapidly it happened in America was scary.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Having disagreements with people is healthy, unless you know your words are going on deaf ears.

Discussion - even a heated one, is a whole other animal from someone who trolls and attacks and calls people names to make himself feel big about his little life - it is not worth my time

Same with annoying people - some I have no grudge against, I just find them grating. Have enough of that in real life that I can't ignore, lol

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Discussion - even a heated one, is a whole other animal from someone who trolls and attacks and calls people names to make himself feel big about his little life - it is not worth my time

Same with annoying people - some I have no grudge against, I just find them grating. Have enough of that in real life that I can't ignore, lol
Lol I totally agree. I was definitely talking in a much broader sense than dealing with little ole Steve

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't try to charge them until they cooled but 130F isn't going to hurt them. I've been it 135F temps for hours. When you're using batteries the internal temp is way over that. The rated max operating temp of a LG HG2 is 75C

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing about freedom of speech is that it requires people to take responsibility for themselves. If someone is saying something I don't like, I walk away from them. If someone wrote something I disagree with, I don't read it. If something in a movie or TV annoys me, I don't watch it. I don't have the right to demand that others change their beliefs, opinions or speech because I don't agree with it. This idea seems to escape people which is why we see all the whining.

There are 7 billion people in the world, most of whom I don't agree with on many topics. I have no need to engage them in discussion. If I want to I will, but I"m not required to do so. I don't need to speak with a pro-lifer to understand their position, I know what the basic position is. I don't need to hear their personal anecdotes as they're all very predictable if you really think about it. At the same time, I respect that they don't have to listen to me nor listen to my stories. Do you remember that thing Starbucks did a while back about trying to get people to engage in discussions about race in their stores? If that wasn't one of the stupidest things I've ever seen I don't know what is. Why would I want to have a discussion with someone making me a coffee? Especially considering most are very young and have very little life experience or knowledge of the world. I seriously doubt not one of them could tell me something I don't already know. If I want to discuss things, I chose those who have something of value to offer. Life is to short to listen to everyone's opinion, and that's all it is, opinions.

As far as Steve goes, he's just who he is. Who among us hasn't encountered people like him irl? These forums are not a safe space for anyone and that's why so many like it here.

As far as caveats to freedom of speech, they are very few and all based on the idea that a speech action can cause actual physical harm to others as a result. The most cited, as all Americans should know, is yelling fire in a movie theater. It will most likely result in someone being hurt. However, calling someone an asshole creates emotional harm. That harm is internal, it comes from within the insulted person. It is not external like being trampled in a theater. If someone can't control their own thoughts and allow others to make them feel bad, that's on them. There is an entire field called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy that helps people to own and take control of their thoughts. As I said before, when a person allows someone to upset them, they've given their power to that person. Why would anyone want to give up their power?

Just as no rational person would believe that the way a woman dresses is a justification for raping her (which by the way is true in many, many countries), me calling someone an asshole is no justification for violence. This is what the political process in the US devolved to in the last presidential election. People attacking each other over their thoughts and beliefs. It's true that humans have been doing this since we acquired speech, but it doesn't make it right.

Anyway, enough of this shit. Steve is sometimes a jerk, but I find him amusing at times, as I do with most people. I also have yet to know a single person that hasn't annoyed me at some time or another, family, friends, wives and children included.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow this blew up like crazy, more than I anticipated. Still, the stuff said in here needed to be said regardless of stand point. You guys are all right in different ways. Also, one of you said the HG2 is rated up to 75C? HOLY CRAP! That's high! I got the data sheet but never thought to note that bit of info. Anyways, these batteries are fine and I've charged em and drained em a couple of times since, couldn't be happier with the battery life and power! I always went for Samsung 25Rs but spending a bit more on these HG2s is more than justified! They're AWESOME!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excited is not irrational worry over things that have already been answered by Battery suppliers and knowledgeable members. Another butt buddy who jumps in who will find out how foolish they look when they do some reading.
No one is trying to ruin anything just pointing out every post from this cretin is about his worries, do some fucking reading before you climb on the pussy wagon. Jeez people like this should not even use a freaking cell phone.
OMFG my batteries were in my MOD next to the BBQ in the Hot Sun and humidity all day will I be in danger? Will they blow up? Fucking grow a pair already...............
I never said I knew it all asswipe I only said you worry about every freaking thing for no reason. Realistic people have legitimate concerns and don't worry about stupid shit. You worry about your mailbox but you are not concerned about the environment they were in even before they got delivered which is something you should really be concerned with. Maybe order only on the fall or winter month? Oh then you will worry they might have been frozen? So only way for you to be safe is stop vaping.
What rulez? You are such an entitled little wuss.
Me mad and whiny? LMFAO I am just going to sit back and watch as the others come along and tell you how much of an ignorant fool your are with all your worrying. Sell your gear man then you will have no vaping safety concerns.

223z4c.jpg
All you post is stupid shit you worry about you should stop vaping and never cross streets.

Oh I am bullying you? You fucking wimp your afraid of the dark too huh? Grow a pair you dumbass sell all your vape gear so you will have nothing to worry about~!

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Whiskey that was hilarious. To see it all in order, with him contradicting himself right up to the very end and the icing on the cake being the irony of his finally statement. It's good to see people don't think like Steve. Instead they just answer the questions asked.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have been all over the world in my years.
You just need to realize people are different because of their upbringing, genetics, geographical location and so on.
Those who hit on Steve need to realize this. Many people think folks on the East coast have an attitude and I agree. But that's the way some are. I accept the way he is and it's not a problem for me.
I grew up in Cicero in Chicago. You want to see a bad attitude, go there. It's how people were brought up in those surroundings.
I use to be the same way. 6 years in Afghanistan cured it. People think we have problems here, believe me we do not compared to other places in the world. It's all petty shit we bitch about nowadays.
Sit back and think about this and be happy we live in one of the best countries in the world even with our faults.

VU Sponsors