Become a Patron!

Batteries for Rx Gen3

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Hi all,

Just ordered the new Wismec Rx Gen3. Now I need new 18650 batteries. What would you recommend?

If my calculations are correct, I will need some really high amp batteries in order to vape up to 300 watts.

300w/9.6v/0.85eff=36.7 amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just a regulated mod so I'd get HG2s for the mah.
Not sure how you got 9.6v but the pack is 12.6v.
The pull will be 23a at 300w and when the cells drop the mod will just cut off...that's assuming the mod will even put out 300w RMS which it won't.

I pull HG2s much harder than that mod can and I've never gotten one past slightly warm.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
The pack is 12.6 when fully charged. Im using the following formula to calculate the amp draw when the batteries are just before cut off:

Max Amps Per Battery = (Max Wattage Per Battery / Minimum Voltage Per Battery) / 0.85

100w/3v/0.85eff=39 amps

Probably im just overthing it since there are plenty 2 battery mods going above 220w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mod won't do 300w if the voltage isn't there and the 2 battery mods claiming 220w aren't getting 220w RMS. This mod won't do 300w RMS.
It'll be fine with almost any batteries you use. Regulated mods don't hit the batteries very hard at all compared to what I use them for.
The CDR is what the batteries can do continously and no one vapes their mod till it's dead in one hit. The fact that it's always short bursts makes it pretty gentle compared to a flashlight or a drill.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's just a regulated mod so I'd get HG2s for the mah.
Not sure how you got 9.6v but the pack is 12.6v.
The pull will be 23a at 300w and when the cells drop the mod will just cut off...that's assuming the mod will even put out 300w RMS which it won't.

I pull HG2s much harder than that mod can and I've never gotten one past slightly warm.

@whiteowl84 You'd recommend the HG2s over 30Q? My 25Rs only give me about 5 hours at 50 watts so I thought I'd get some more mah for longer runtime.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@whiteowl84 You'd recommend the HG2s over 30Q? My 25Rs only give me about 5 hours at 50 watts so I thought I'd get some more mah for longer runtime.
If you'll ever use more than 15a then yes. Same mah but more amperage. Probably less sag but I don't know for sure.
Supposedly the 30q lasts a smidgen longer but if you're worried about that tiny bit of longevity I'd just get the hohmtech cells if you can find them. They're similar to the HG2 but they tweaked them. They have better specs and they're made in the LG Chem factory that Hohmtech bought.
I've never actually used a 30q because of the 15a CDR but for anyone using regulated mods it's not an issue.

VU Sponsors