Become a Patron!

Batteries for my mod

Didnt know what forum to put this in so i thought this one would be good enough since i am new. But anyways....... I bought an aleader funky 160w mod. And i read about battery safety and not exceed the batteries amps. So i need help with choosing batteries. I do have some efest 2100mah 3.7v 38a batteries my friend gave to me both in good shape. I have a smok tfv8 big baby beast tank with the x4 coils they say they have .15 ohm. I was looking at some batteries from LG called the hg2. Would those work?

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/img_0975-jpg.694477/

img_0975-jpg.694477

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Didnt know what forum to put this in so i thought this one would be good enough since i am new. But anyways....... I bought an aleader funky 160w mod. And i read about battery safety and not exceed the batteries amps. So i need help with choosing batteries. I do have some efest 2100mah 3.7v 38a batteries my friend gave to me both in good shape. I have a smok tfv8 big baby beast tank with the x4 coils they say they have .15 ohm. I was looking at some batteries from LG called the hg2. Would those work?

Yes - if you have a double cell mod, make sure you start with two fresh batteries and keep them married

Any particular reason you are looking at the HG2 ?

Sony and Samsung also make excellent vaping batteries with different capacities

Be sure to get them, whichever choice you make, from a reputable seller. Many fakes out there, especially on eBay and Amazon

If you are in the US
Li-ion Batteries - Wholesale Li-ion Batteries for Vaping, Flashlights ... is my personal favorite US seller

Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting ... is also a very good online seller

Both vendors meticulously test batteries and go to great lengths to avoid fakes

Heard some good on tgose through some youtubers and online reviews. This is my first 18650 mod. I had an internal battery mod before it fried on me. You mentioned sony and samsung. Any particular ones i should look at? I want something that will last a decent length of time but safe for my mod as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Heard some good on tgose through some youtubers and online reviews. This is my first 18650 mod. I had an internal battery mod before it fried on me. You mentioned sony and samsung. Any particular ones i should look at? I want something that will last a decent length of time but safe for my mod as well.

I like the Sony VCT5 best - but that is because I mainly use mechs

They work well in regulated mods as well

You will be fine with any of those brands though

JmVape1988

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sony VCT6 or LG HG2 would be perfect I agree with the others.
or if you want to compare mAh & A check out this list by tony vape. Haven't tried HOHM Tech yet, but they have lots of good reviews on vapordna

Last edited:

ecigaretteempire

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Yes they will!
Also the Samsung 18650 25R batteries would work or the Imren 18650 3500MAH 30A batteries which are really popular.
If you're not already I would recommend to charge these batteries through an external charging port and not through the mod itself. Its better for the batteries by ensuring a longer life span and full charge capacity.

Ok sweet. Im order almost all my stuff through vapewild. What they dont have i usually get a local brick and mortar. But vapewild has the 25r and hg2. So being the hg2 is 3000mah it should last longer right? Being that both are 20a

VU Sponsors