Become a Patron!

Banning fruity Juul pods won’t curb teen usage

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw a commercial on TV last night that said one Juul pod has the same amount of nicotine as 20 cigarettes. They worded it to make it sound like every hit is like smoking 20 cigs. Then they said that if you vape, your 4x more likely to start smoking. smh

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They worded it to make it sound like every hit is like smoking 20 cigs. Then they said that if you vape, your 4x more likely to start smoking. smh
It wouldn't surprise me if that's true,but correlation is not causation.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I get a phone call from my adult daughter (age 31) last night - first words out of her mouth: this damn vaping flavor ban is BS!

I went to visit last Christmas (2017) and found out she'd started smoking after quitting for many years. She knew about vaping from me, but had no desire to "make it a hobby" and "didn't want to mess with all that stuff." So, we went out and I bought her a Juul kit. She hated the mint and tobacco, but took a shine to the mango. And quit smoking entirely, 100%.

I'd told her about the impending no flavors in stores crap, but like much of a parent's advice: in one ear and out the other :giggle:

Fast forward a year, and she can't just go into any store and buy her pods. She said the first thing that came into her mind when she couldn't buy them at a convenience store was "fuck it, I should just buy a pack of cigarettes."

Fortunately, she went online and got her mango pods, but for her, and people like her, it could have easily gone the other way. If it's inconvenient, she won't do it

VU Sponsors