Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lots of fans of this recipe!
It's cool how FA Apple Pie adds just that great crust flavor.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FA apple pie is the bomb right! so so many things you can do with it. one of my top used flavors. wonder what would happen if I put it in "its dark in fuji" lol.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a fan! There's only two recipes I mix big batches of, and this is one of them :)

Actually, I boost the coconut slightly to 0.75%, because I really like it more upfront (more than is 'correct' for a balanced vape, perhaps, but who cares).

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a fan! There's only two recipes I mix big batches of, and this is one of them :)

Actually, I boost the coconut slightly to 0.75%, because I really like it more upfront (more than is 'correct' for a balanced vape, perhaps, but who cares).

Whats the other one you mix Big batches of ?o_O? Have the recipie to share ? Ive never used FA and am perusing these you all are posting and gonna make an large FA order later today or tomorrow.
Thanks everyone !!!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Whats the other one you mix Big batches of ?o_O? Have the recipie to share ? Ive never used FA and am perusing these you all are posting and gonna make an large FA order later today or tomorrow.
Thanks everyone !!!
Im guessing hermits other favorite is this. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/banana-cookie-fa-simple.2611/ good combo. banana and cookie. I also make a banana nut cookie thats pretty awesome with nut mix. cookie is so versatile and useful. ........ welcome to the FA club ! lol. remember think low percentages. it was hard for me at first going from tfa and caps to FA but once I burned low percentages into my mind viola . best vapes I ever made and FA goes hand in hand with FA. they blend so well with each other and very little steep time to speak of. shake and vape to a week tops. tobaccos are a bit different but you are a sweets guy right ? I remember you on ECF

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks wllmc, yes, that's the one :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this weeks ago, when you first posted it on the other forum, and then vaped a bit and put it away. Bought it back out now, and it's REALLY good:)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Figured I'd give my FA flavors another go. For some reason I never have any luck with them! Mixed up a 30ml of this morning. Tastes yummy but the flavor seems a bit weak for me. It's probably because I use 100% VG and it needs time to permeate. I'm pretty confident that in a week this will be REALLY good, as @AmandaD pointed out. :) Looking forward to the finished product.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured I'd give my FA flavors another go. For some reason I never have any luck with them! Mixed up a 30ml of this morning. Tastes yummy but the flavor seems a bit weak for me. It's probably because I use 100% VG and it needs time to permeate. I'm pretty confident that in a week this will be REALLY good, as @AmandaD pointed out. :) Looking forward to the finished product.

Stick it in a crockpot so you don't have to wait a week! You may have to increase the flavor level to taste - I find that I do on some recipes. No shame in having to do that LOL You might try this at 8% instead of 6%.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stick it in a crockpot so you don't have to wait a week! You may have to increase the flavor level to taste - I find that I do on some recipes. No shame in having to do that LOL You might try this at 8% instead of 6%.
I did put it in the sonic with heat on for about an hour. Helped a little. I find there is only so much heat / vibration can do before you need to let time take over. If it's still a bit weak to me in a week, I'll bump it up to 7% or 8% next mix. Thanks for the reply. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An hour isn't likely enough - it needs at least 4 hours at 150 degrees to 'cook' :) I think if you did a side by side comparison with juice heated and juice left naturally you'd find similar results (if that makes sense).

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Annnnnd....I'm all out of banana...fack!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An hour isn't likely enough - it needs at least 4 hours at 150 degrees to 'cook' :) I think if you did a side by side comparison with juice heated and juice left naturally you'd find similar results (if that makes sense).
It does make sense. I totally agree. I usually do longer if I'm feeling impatient. Right now I have 6 fully steeped 30mls of my own mixes so I don't mind waiting. I prefer to let my juice steep naturally if I can. My sonic cleaner only runs for 8min at a time and heat goes for 45 min at a time. That said, it can be a pain to tend to. Most of my mixes are organic and I heat steep only the flavoring + a little nic base, uncapped, until all alcohol smell is gone. Then I add the VG and store for a week. Seems to be the magic formula for me. I'm used to waiting a week. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you! I have a UC but the 8 minute cycle is a pain. A $12 crockpot does pretty much the same thing, and you can walk away from it for 4 hours LOL I don't know why the organic juice would behave differently from the articiallly flavored juices, since the only difference is that the chemicals naturally produced are artificially produced - if that makes sense. I only steep some of my juice, but some definitely benefit from the crockpot - if I'm impatient (which I am!).

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear you! I have a UC but the 8 minute cycle is a pain. A $12 crockpot does pretty much the same thing, and you can walk away from it for 4 hours LOL I don't know why the organic juice would behave differently from the articiallly flavored juices, since the only difference is that the chemicals naturally produced are artificially produced - if that makes sense. I only steep some of my juice, but some definitely benefit from the crockpot - if I'm impatient (which I am!).
The main reason I heat the organics is to rid the flavoring of alcohol before adding VG and sealing the bottle for steeping. The other flavorings are all in PG and don't have that issue. Yeah, I know I need a $12 crockpot...:)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2x 30ml Later....I have nightmares about running out of these ingredients!:eek:

Bumped it up to 7.3% (WL Nic) gonna mix my next batch with VT and start at 6% again.

I'm hooked!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did a riff on this for a Bananawafer Pudding. Not all FA, so there may be some diketones (if you're worried), but it sure is tasty.

FA Cookie 3.5%
LOR Banana Cream 3%
Cap Vanilla Custard v2 3%
FA Vanilla Classic 2%
FW Graham Cracker 1%
FA Apple Pie 1%
FA Fresh Cream 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Coconut .5%

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not even have a banana flavor of any brand yet.....mainly cause the vendor juices I have had with banana normally tasted odd, but I have not had FAs banana in a juice yet I am guessing.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I do not even have a banana flavor of any brand yet.....mainly cause the vendor juices I have had with banana normally tasted odd, but I have not had FAs banana in a juice yet I am guessing.
check out flavor art banana. Its a light flavor but so much better than the others.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will pick it up, while on the tropical fruit subject, how is the pineapple? Most say TFAs pineapple is pretty good, but it is one of those fruits it seems hard to copy.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed a 60ml with VT (first time using VT nic) and WOW! I didn't think this could get any better, but it did!!!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For us folks who like Banana: If you get a banana flavor that does not taste like the banana's you know, it is most likely due to the flavoring being based off of the Gros Michel banana, a banana variety that was mostly wiped out by a fungus in the 1950's. The Gros Michael banana was the standard the world over until it was wiped out. Now the standard banana is the Cavendish, the ones you get at the store. Less sweet and less flavorful than the Gros Michel.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did a riff on this for a Bananawafer Pudding. Not all FA, so there may be some diketones (if you're worried), but it sure is tasty.

FA Cookie 3.5%
LOR Banana Cream 3%
Cap Vanilla Custard v2 3%
FA Vanilla Classic 2%
FW Graham Cracker 1%
FA Apple Pie 1%
FA Fresh Cream 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Coconut .5%

I made this an it turned out quite good! I did however misread my writing and used .5ml of coconut instead of .05ml, I made a 10ml sample. Which ended up being just fine because I like the dryness of the coconut flavors mixed with banana. This definitely needed a few days steeping though. I found one of the flavors to taste somewhat odd when vaping right after making. However, I couldn't tell you which one. :) But after a couple days the flavors blended nicely and the 10ml sample was gone the same day.

Thanks for sharing Cramptholomew

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I will pick it up, while on the tropical fruit subject, how is the pineapple? Most say TFAs pineapple is pretty good, but it is one of those fruits it seems hard to copy.
ha man Im totally sorry I never seen any of the post. been super busy, but anyways. I do like FA pineapple. im a little different than most people. I think its very strong. I use very little amounts but its pretty good. it teeters between real ish and juice ish. and it gives me heartburn so I do not vape a lot of it lol. Id get it tho

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Mixed a 60ml with VT (first time using VT nic) and WOW! I didn't think this could get any better, but it did!!!
VT is the bomb right!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
For us folks who like Banana: If you get a banana flavor that does not taste like the banana's you know, it is most likely due to the flavoring being based off of the Gros Michel banana, a banana variety that was mostly wiped out by a fungus in the 1950's. The Gros Michael banana was the standard the world over until it was wiped out. Now the standard banana is the Cavendish, the ones you get at the store. Less sweet and less flavorful than the Gros Michel.
huh pretty interesting. I know it as banana runts candy lol... gosh I hate it. Ill have to read up on it. thats awesome trivia lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok...let me get this right...steep this for 1-2 weeks?
its good any way, shake and vape or a week or 2 lol. but ya give it a few days.

venemous

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks! Don't have FA banana... yet. I used tfa banana cream and it was still delicious! Also made a batch with no banana and upped the fa coconut to 1% and added 1% la coconut and 0.5% tfa vanilla custard and that was damn good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors