Become a Patron!

Ban from 3 forum for the same reason

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Luckily i don't have the FDA problem i live in Europe, and unfortunately i don't know how can i help you all.

You'll have the TPD to deal with, but as asinine as it is, it's not nearly as bad as this stupid shit from the FDA. :headbang:

Andria

SoulVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I hope all can survive other wise I will have to get my stuff from China and I takes a long time to arrive

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope all can survive other wise I will have to get my stuff from China and I takes a long time to arrive

DHL can speed up shipping from China. Cost versus wait time is what you need to consider.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no clue my friend. But according to them with clones you are not supporting the vape community. Or something like that
You are talking about the Mech crowd that lives and dies that they just spent hundreds of dollars on a copper tube? That was a common trend one must ask themselves you can decorate it and you can engrave it but in the end its a fucking copper tube.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
UK to US via royal post cannot be fucked with.
So if someone was enterprising shipping from the UK like Mr. Snuff did it would get through.
@BigNasty ive never know you to say something you weren't correct about or knowledgable about
could you explain why that shipments form uk to us via royal post can not be fucked with? DO you mean that customs cant touch them?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are talking about the Mech crowd that lives and dies that they just spent hundreds of dollars on a copper tube? That was a common trend one must ask themselves you can decorate it and you can engrave it but in the end its a fucking copper tube.
yeah keep telling yourself that bullshit.....that's like telling the Nuge it's just a gun.....

Ted+Nugent+ted_the_hunter.jpg

or zsa zsa, they're just compressed carbon

a04de9e8488b770d6b65d41d6ddbad1c.jpg

or Hilary it's just Bill's penis
aclinton15.jpg

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BigNasty ive never know you to say something you weren't correct about or knowledgable about
could you explain why that shipments form uk to us via royal post can not be fucked with? DO you mean that customs cant touch them?
Oh customs can screw with packages but Uk royal post to US is not supposed to be fucked with, I had many tins of snuff and tobacco post PACT sent to me with zero issue and it being declared on the package.
Shipping vs. mailing is a whole other story.
It was to prohibit either side from destroying personal mail during our war, and it stuck around as a postal treaty.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ahh so UK royal post is MAIL not package..and MAIL from uk is under a treaty not to be tampered with by US customs
am i understanding that correctly?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have any anti-clone people ever stopped to consider that perhaps authentics cost more simply to take advantage of the anti-clone market?

I mean, look at all the vape shops that had opened up. How many of those simply thought "hey look at how fast vaping is growing, i'm gonna open a shop and get in on this before it gets too big and making a profit is harder". I'm certain many shops only opened up because the owner was only in it for the money. They will milk the people who think that buying from a shop is better, despite the higher prices. Those consumers enable this practice and follow along blindly.

As BigNasty stated, it is technically pretty damn easy and cheap to make a mod if you have a bit of technical know how. While it is true many people may not have this know how, it is also true that many people just don't know how cheap they can be made, even when using quality materials. It's the same as in other market, look at computers. Many people just don't know how cheaply you can build a computer vs buying one. Many think it's some overly complex and expensive process.

Price does not always equate to quality.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have any anti-clone people ever stopped to consider that perhaps authentics cost more simply to take advantage of the anti-clone market?

I mean, look at all the vape shops that had opened up. How many of those simply thought "hey look at how fast vaping is growing, i'm gonna open a shop and get in on this before it gets too big and making a profit is harder". I'm certain many shops only opened up because the owner was only in it for the money. They will milk the people who think that buying from a shop is better, despite the higher prices. Those consumers enable this practice and follow along blindly.

As BigNasty stated, it is technically pretty damn easy and cheap to make a mod if you have a bit of technical know how. While it is true many people may not have this know how, it is also true that many people just don't know how cheap they can be made, even when using quality materials. It's the same as in other market, look at computers. Many people just don't know how cheaply you can build a computer vs buying one. Many think it's some overly complex and expensive process.

Same for ejuice. I use one of the most expensive flavors -- INW shisha strawberry -- and I use 28% total flavoring everytime I mix strawberry & cream -- yet my cost still only comes to 6 cents per ml -- that's a lot more than others' costs, when they use less costly ingredients, and a whole lot less of them than I do -- and that strawberry & cream is THE BEST ejuice I have ever tasted, anywhere, at any time. It costs me only $3-ish a week to vape it. Yet some people still won't make the slightest effort to vape that well and that cheaply, thinking "oooh it's hard" or "oooh I don't have time" -- it requires 30 mins a week, including the cleanup. If a person can, say for example, follow the instructions on a box of mac & cheese, they can make ejuice -- it's absolutely no harder than that. And all these extortionate ejuice makers know how lazy people are, how unmotivated to do anything more than reach for the plastic, and they're making a FORTUNE. I wish them well, but they won't be getting any of MY money. :)

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

what do you do for a living? and how long have you been doing it.

Last edited:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
UK to US via royal post cannot be fucked with.
So if someone was enterprising shipping from the UK like Mr. Snuff did it would get through.
I called Royal Mail today to see if this was true, as it sounded to good to be and indeed it is. They stated that if an item was prohibited not only would they open it they also have the power to destroy it regardless of what you have declared on the package. I asked about a special UK & US treaty, she was unaware of one. If one did indeed exist and I am not saying that it didn't, the Royal Mail is no longer "Royal". Our government sold if off a couple of years ago to their friends. I mean who ever wanted to buy shares in what now a PLC company (just happened to be their friends).

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I called Royal Mail today to see if this was true, as it sounded to good to be and indeed it is. They stated that if an item was prohibited not only would they open it they also have the power to destroy it regardless of what you have declared on the package. I asked about a special UK & US treaty, she was unaware of one. If one did indeed exist and I am not saying that it didn't, the Royal Mail is no longer "Royal". Our government sold if off a couple of years ago to their friends. I mean who ever wanted to buy shares in what now a PLC company (just happened to be their friends).
in other words...We're the goverment we can do whatever the fuck we want you bloody peasant

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How long before the goverment decides to ban vaping forums you think....for the good of the borg.
My government is pro vaping so l see no obvious issue. In the US however.....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SoulVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If it happens and the forums are band to ... We will reopen the forums on the deep Web XD

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what do you do for a living? and how long have you been doing it.

18 years in retail/warehousing
5 months (so far) as a truck driver

why do you ask?

Where I've worked doesn't change that most retail stores stay in business via taking advantage of people who simply don't know or refuse to believe that there are cheaper alternatives. Or by taking advantage of those that simply have no way to obtain things from a cheaper source.

Last edited:

SoulVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Some times ... As far as I was told from a friend that is from Portugal but now lives in the US ... He told me that the quality on everything that's not original in the US is a lot lower that the stuff in portugal ... As a example he show me 3 different knife's one made in the US one clone in the US and one clone from Europe ... You can't tell the difference from the European clone to the US made in anny aspect ... I don't know how or why but he says the clones in the US unfortunately have a lot lower quality from the ones in Europe

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heres my thoughts ( as if anyone really .... )

My dad has a Chrysler Crossfire.
If you look under the hood, you will find that most of the parts are actually Mercedes Benz parts. It sure looks a lot like the little Benz sports coupe, same parts and basic design inside and out, but.... They did not put the Benz logos etc.

That is a classic example of a clone.

Televisions, computers, phones they are all clones of something..... Price differences and customer service and reputation affect the price etc.

Again, big difference is that you cant go out and buy a clone of a Porsche complete with all the logos etc.

And what if you bought one believing it was an actual Porsche, and now what? How and where does it get serviced. If its a total POS, is it not sullying the rep of Porsche?

Clothes etc. you are not supposed to be able to buy a counterfeit, but you can buy "knock offs" as long as the "logo/ brand" etc is not on it is a knock off or clone.

If you make something with the brand and logos on it , its a counterfeit.

I dont mind clones, for all the same reasons as others have posted above, but cloning/ copying and on top of that plastering the "brand or logo" of an authentic is not right. I really wish there would be more actual clones / knockoffs as I dont like all the logos all over the devices.

I think that is the big deal.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18 years in retail/warehousing
5 months (so far) as a truck driver

why do you ask?

Where I've worked doesn't change that most retail stores stay in business via taking advantage of people who simply don't know or refuse to believe that there are cheaper alternatives. Or by taking advantage of those that simply have no way to obtain things from a cheaper source.
I was wondering if you were a craftsman of any sort.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if you were a craftsman of any sort.
Well, I did make and sell eliquid for a bit of time.
It was dirt cheap since i could make it for dirt cheap.

Had mixed responses when advertising it on facebook and reddit.
Almost felt like making it expensive to shut up a lot of people who declined it due to being cheap. lol

SoulVaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I agree with you I don't like counterfeit brands but I rely don't mind clones

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a side note, a serious question for anti-clone people,

What are your opinions on buying/selling used authentics?
Whether somebody buys a used authentic or a clone, the manufacturer doesn't get any money.
So, isn't buying a used authentic no different from buying a clone?
By selling your used authentic, aren't you no better then the venders selling clones?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On a side note, a serious question for anti-clone people,

What are your opinions on buying/selling used authentics?
Whether somebody buys a used authentic or a clone, the manufacturer doesn't get any money.
So, isn't buying a used authentic no different from buying a clone?
By selling your used authentic, aren't you no better then the venders selling clones?

Not the same thing :)

Once you buy something, authentic or not, its out of the manufacturers hands. THey made something, someone bought it... Over with.

Most people buy used homes, cars etc..... could you imagine if one was not allowed to sell privately ? If you had to give your car to the manufacturer , they'd give you shit, and sell it for a lot.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heres my thoughts ( as if anyone really .... )

My dad has a Chrysler Crossfire.
If you look under the hood, you will find that most of the parts are actually Mercedes Benz parts. It sure looks a lot like the little Benz sports coupe, same parts and basic design inside and out, but.... They did not put the Benz logos etc.

That is a classic example of a clone.

Televisions, computers, phones they are all clones of something..... Price differences and customer service and reputation affect the price etc.

Again, big difference is that you cant go out and buy a clone of a Porsche complete with all the logos etc.

And what if you bought one believing it was an actual Porsche, and now what? How and where does it get serviced. If its a total POS, is it not sullying the rep of Porsche?

Clothes etc. you are not supposed to be able to buy a counterfeit, but you can buy "knock offs" as long as the "logo/ brand" etc is not on it is a knock off or clone.

If you make something with the brand and logos on it , its a counterfeit.

I dont mind clones, for all the same reasons as others have posted above, but cloning/ copying and on top of that plastering the "brand or logo" of an authentic is not right. I really wish there would be more actual clones / knockoffs as I dont like all the logos all over the devices.

I think that is the big deal.

I actually agree; the only thing I've EVER found wrong with my Achilles clones is that they have the "original" Achilles logo and name etched into the titanium. Then, I buy an AUTHENTIC Achilles 2 from titanium-mods.com... and the tank is now bare, free of any design. WTF?!?!?! Oh, and the authentic is very prone to leaking... which the clones NEVER do. :facepalm:

The thing I always liked best about my Tobeco KFL+s is that they don't actually SAY "kayfun" or "Svoemesto" or the SVM logo anywhere on them -- though later versions do have that, which really bugs me -- it should say TOBECO on it, you dumbasses, not "SVM". :facepalm:

Andria

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMO a clone is never as good as the authentic and the old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind. Are any clones good? Sure there are some that are good from what I have read but since I do not own any I can't honestly say for sure.

I concur. I love my authentics. My SvoëMesto KF5.. it's beautiful.
I wanna' take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.

E8QyQ_s-200x150.gif

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To there is only one difference between a clone and a authentic and its known as price. Aside from that the are pretty much the same. But it's just my opinion, i don't even buy clothes from those crazy high price brandes.

Bullshit

I've got Clones and Authentic's. Some are decent, but then a lot are pure crap. Example I have Velocity Clone and Authentic Velocity, decent clone but in no way is even close to the quality of the Authentic. Then I have an Authentic Anubis and picked up a Clone, the Clone was in terms of quality "and" performance you can't even compare with the Authentic. I can go on an on, but reality is some clones are close like my SXK Kayfun V5 clones, very close. But most Clones don't even come close to the quality and performance of the Authentic. It's very much a hit and miss when buying a clone.

General rule of thumb is you get what you pay for in most cases.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bullshit

I've got Clones and Authentic's. Some are decent, but then a lot are pure crap. Example I have Velocity Clone and Authentic Velocity, decent clone but in no way is even close to the quality of the Authentic. Then I have an Authentic Anubis and picked up a Clone, the Clone was in terms of quality "and" performance you can't even compare with the Authentic. I can go on an on, but reality is some clones are close like my SXK Kayfun V5 clones, very close. But most Clones don't even come close to the quality and performance of the Authentic. It's very much a hit and miss when buying a clone.

And some clones are better than the authentic -- like my Achilles clones which NEVER EVER leak, vs. the authentic Achilles 2 which does. I've also heard that my Fallen Angel mech is better quality than the *original* Electric Angel it was cloned from, though I think later versions of the EA may have corrected some of the flaws.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And some clones are better than the authentic -- like my Achilles clones which NEVER EVER leak, vs. the authentic Achilles 2 which does. I've also heard that my Fallen Angel mech is better quality than the *original* Electric Angel it was cloned from, though I think later versions of the EA may have corrected some of the flaws.

Andria
Yep, worst authentic I ever had the misfortune of owning is the AX1 from Vicious Ant, fucking piece of shit. I'll never buy anything from them ever.

But general rule of thumb is authentic is higher quality, but you need to do your homework.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bullshit

yeah I agree. that has been my experince as well. There are no fucking deals in Walmart.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't the saying go "Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery"? Do I own clones, yup. Do I own authentics, yup. DEPENDING ON THE ITEM, I will buy a higher quality clone to try before dropping stupid cash on a original. There are some exceptions. I wouldn't want a clone SMY 260W Or another big big power mod. Just doesn't seem safe to me lol. I did buy a EHPro version of a SMPL and it was at best okay. Not worth serious cash for a original if it's around the same quality. Now, I did buy a cheaper Twisted Messes clone, and ended up buying the authentic. There are some clones that are better than the authentic as well. Look at the Fuhattan. The original AmeriVape Manhattan was basically a pipe bomb. AmeriClone came along, fixed it with ventilation. The honest truth is, when you buy a original you are paying for all the hard work, R&D, etc it took to make it (unless it's a compvape RDA they all seem to be the same thing). Even cloners like HCigar take the item and just reverse engineer it. I guess in general however, if it keeps you off the stinkies, and you feel safe running a $8 mechanical tube, a $10 RDA etc and can live with your choice, power to you.

VU Sponsors