Become a Patron!

Balls burned when vape vents

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And if that pictured 30Q is the type of battery he was using, then I have to wonder 1) what resistance his coil was, and 2) if he's aware that the 30Q is a 15A battery, not a 20A as anyone sub-ohming should be using.

Also -- a 30Q is NOT a 3500mAh battery, but 3000mAh.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
These always make me wonder what device was being used. The pic of the mod looks more like the center battery.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
And if that pictured 30Q is the type of battery he was using, then I have to wonder 1) what resistance his coil was, and 2) if he's aware that the 30Q is a 15A battery, not a 20A as anyone sub-ohming should be using.

Also -- a 30Q is NOT a 3500mAh battery, but 3000mAh.

Andria
I sub ohm at 24w, 15a dual is more than adequate.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's no picture or mention of the mod. Just a 30Q and some burst battery.
The 30Q could be "just for comparison". Or it could be his old one. Who knows...
He had "recently had replacement batteries fitted" - so best guess is that it was a crap battery, or damaged wrapper, or something like that...

If you need "batteries fitted" for you...well, again - we don't know anything about the mod. Coulda been a hybrid mech...or could have been a decent regulated device, but with a ripped wrapper battery in it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the usual battery in pocket with change and keys. No mod. Just the battery.

The battery is expanded in the middle. It should not be able to expand like that if it was in a mod. Just sayin.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I wonder if this is the guy who wants to use guitar strings as a vape coil, or some of the other people rolling through wanting to do dangerous stuff.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that was a 30Q - it looks more like a 35E

https://www.facebook.com/batterymoo...a-batterybottom-line-this-b/1801289976827247/

"Samsung 35E 3500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...a so-so 8A battery

Bottom Line: This battery has a very high 3500mAh capacity rating but even at just 5A its run time down to 3.2V is a lot shorter than the 3300mAh Panasonic NCR18650GA. Its high internal resistance causes a lot of voltage sag which triggers a regulated mod's weak battery alert sooner than batteries like the NCR19650GA and MJ1. I am rating it at 8A/3500mAh"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

https://www.facebook.com/batterymoo...a-batterybottom-line-this-b/1801289976827247/

Bottom Line: This battery has a very high 3500mAh capacity rating but even at just 5A its run time down to 3.2V is a lot shorter than the 3300mAh Panasonic NCR18650GA. Its high internal resistance causes a lot of voltage sag which triggers a regulated mod's weak battery alert sooner than batteries like the NCR19650GA and MJ1. I am rating it at 8A/3500mAh"

Ahh, you might be right; I haven't run into that one before. So he's an even worse doofus than I thought originally. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A winner!

30Q is 3000 mah. There is no 3500 mah 18650 that is safe to vape over about 25-30 watts.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Unbelievable......I didn't bother looking up the battery rating after I noticed his pocket was intact

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh yeah Jimmy Swaggert's kin.

I dunno, maybe. Dennis Quaid played Jerry lee in the movie, and did a fandamntastic job, I thought. Somehow or other I caught that on a lazy Saturday afternoon, flipping thru the channels, so I left it on, and was quite pleasantly entertained for a couple hours. I think I found the Jersey Boys movie, about Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, the same way, and was entertained even moreso. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The sound track was good from Great Balls of fire.
Movie kinda meh to me.
Wife Unit made me go with her to watch it.

I prefer this.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The sound track was good from Great Balls of fire.
Movie kinda meh to me.
Wife Unit made me go with her to watch it.

I prefer this.

I'm pretty much just a sucker for Dennis Quaid. :D And always enjoy movies about musical personages -- loved "Ray" too!

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tinytim!

Was looking for a good recording of The Killer performing chantilly lace; but, tinytim was too good to pas up.
LOL!! Oh, I remember him, my mom let me stay up late and watch Johnny Carson sometimes when I was little. I remember him playing Tiptoe Through the Tulips on that stupid ukulele, and everybody laughing because they thought it was a joke. :giggle: ...I was waiting for the ukulele to come flying out for a "guitar solo" with this one. Baaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overdrained battery, using 3500mah, 8 amp cdr battery in a mech, low power vaping, didnt know how low his battery was -

Or going way over 8 amps and stressed his battery. Shame on his vape shop for selling an 8 amp battery
And or mech in pocket with NO switch locking mechanism.
Lots of those around.

A Hybrid style mech and switched on and melted the center pin insulator on the atty from being turned on too long and shorted out?

Or subtank on hybrid?

Many possibilities but most point towards operator error.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It says it went off in his pocket but the pocket is not burned?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's obvious he had the mod up against his junk and not in his pants pocket as per the photos

Maybe he was doing a "tuck" with his vape????
I dunno if the top of a tube mech was pointed towards his junk in his pocket the rocket of fire might do as pictured.
And with it turned sideways and the button being pressed on the other end....

My unvalidated conclusion is that this was a tube mech.

That part about having batteries fitted though is very confusing.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I was just laughing my ass of at the caption on this one.
I know it's not funny and i wouldn't want my nuts blown off but this is like a meme that made itself:

upload_2018-11-15_2-7-22.png

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
what's with the weird onesy looking undies he is wearing in the blurred roasted nuts photo?

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Damn, How come I always miss out when something funny happens?:(

Here I am, A day and a half late to the party:facepalm:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still question how he states the acid burned him but his shorts only have that small hole next to the zipper. If acid sprayed why are the shorts not more damaged? I think he stuck the MOD in his waistband and that caused it to auto fire and overheat.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
He could have vented a battery doing something stupid but instead of dropping it onto the ground he dropped it in his lap.

Then all he needed to do is tweak the story just a little bit to make himself look less stupid.

Just a teeny, tiny bit less stupid.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is what he said happened. He says he was standing...............

Darren, from Kirkby, Merseyside explained: "I have been refurbishing my house. I was stood by the kitchen door and the next thing I thought someone had thrown a firework into the doorway.

"I looked down and my pocket was going off like a banger; it was fizzing and sparking and smoke was coming from it. I was wearing my work pants and tried to get it out, but it burnt through and burnt all my bollocks and my left leg.

VU Sponsors