Become a Patron!

Baker's Flavors

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anyone familar with Baker's Flavorings? These are the same flavoring sold by Vaping Zone as their Gourmet line. I'm wondering how they compare with others such as FA and INW. I'm considering making a bulk order direct to Russia. Any thoughts?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd stick with FA. Been using their flavors for a while now with no complaints.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
They use diacetyl, according to their (Russian-language) information online.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see the flavors that have diacetyl in them and can avoid the ones I want to. I am also mixing at very, very low percentages and tend to doubt some of the rumours about diacetyl. My choice. I'd like to focus on the flavoring.

The Baker's Flavors are about 3-6x's less expensive than FA and I'm hearing some very good reviews - vanilla spongecake for one. Are their others?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see the flavors that have diacetyl in them and can avoid the ones I want to. I am also mixing at very, very low percentages and tend to doubt some of the rumours about diacetyl. My choice. I'd like to focus on the flavoring.

The Baker's Flavors are about 3-6x's less expensive than FA and I'm hearing some very good reviews - vanilla spongecake for one. Are their others?

Less expensive - where? From the place I've checked them out they're at more than twice the cost of FA!
http://vapingzone.com/product-list.php?VZ-SC-Gourmet-Flavoring-pg1-cid89.html

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is anyone familar with Baker's Flavorings? These are the same flavoring sold by Vaping Zone as their Gourmet line. I'm wondering how they compare with others such as FA and INW. I'm considering making a bulk order direct to Russia. Any thoughts?
I can't really compare them much. Some are good and some are not (to me). Pretty much like every other flavor manufacturer.

IMO, the fruits aren't really better than INW, and I think I'm in the minority here that prefers them over FA for the most part. The cake (lemony) and vanilla sponge twinkie are good and something that neither FA or INW has that are comparable. I have one or two tobaccos, the Yuco is good...can't remember the other one, but again I prefer INW tobaccos. The Vanilla Rum is freaking awesome and is seriously strong. 1 drop in a 10ml recipe is IT. This one bottle, that I shared half of, will last me forever. I've been messing around with Isabella (wine) and it's promising.

Anyway, I don't use a lot of it and they're all so strong that one bottle lasts and lasts. I just get them from VZ when they have a good sale.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

BTW- Someone...I think Dixie? called VZ and they told her that the ones they order don't have diacetyl, they were offered a choice with or without (paraphrasing). It's somewhere around here, probably the FA thread. If it was me, and I was worried about it, I'd ask Baker directly.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chocolate Truffle is supposed to be good.
And the regular Cake also.

I got the Blackberry, it's pretty good and I don't get the perfume that some ppl do.

Vanilla Sponge cake is ok when used at low percents.
It's kinda like the FA's Pandoro (Kitchen Magic Line).

But 8 bucks for 10ml is pricey... (at VZ)
At E-LiquidMart the FA and CAP are only 2.99 for 12ml, way better deal.

Last edited:

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Direct from Russia they are $0.77 / 10ml not including shipping - which amounts to apx $40 no matter how much is ordered. IMO that's interesting.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
there are some I would like to try. been debating if I should order some or not

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

most all the tobaccos, read the reviews..
i like the sc gourmet line..
i do have some recipes, but havent had a chance to dig thru for them yet.

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Less expensive - where? From the place I've checked them out they're at more than twice the cost of FA!
http://vapingzone.com/product-list.php?VZ-SC-Gourmet-Flavoring-pg1-cid89.html

If FA is the same or cheaper than FW (hard to believe) i would go with FA every time , to me thats a no brainer .

BTW- Someone...I think Dixie? called VZ and they told her that the ones they order don't have diacetyl, they were offered a choice with or without (paraphrasing). It's somewhere around here, probably the FA thread. If it was me, and I was worried about it, I'd ask Baker directly.

There are many instances of people asking about whether a vendors juice has a certain chemical and shockingly (actually not very shocking) if they said no it was tested anyway and proven to have it so i would be very skeptical .

tanya

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have flavors from Mt Baker and im not real impressed.They taste like perfume and some just flat dont taste the way the lable says/

tanya

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry im retarted I thought you were talking about them. My bad.

tanya

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usually get Capella or signature. I have tried others but so far capella is my go to. Does anyone know who has a good realistic pear, honeydew, and cantaloupe? I love pear flavor it is so yummy

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Pear: inawera
honeydew: flavors express
melon cantaloupe: flavor arts..

but with baker's flavors (vapingzone, flavor express, etc) the competition between the 2 is nice..
both carry different flavors from the other, and they do not require ungodly amounts of flavoring..

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am real impressed with Bakers. The shipping charge appears to be $40 no matter how much you buy - but it appears there's a max limit of $100 for personal use (otherwise it's considered wholesale) which in Russian rubles (or whatever) is a LOT. It's kind of an odd process. I thought I might drum up interest in them for reciepes and possibly splitting a shipment at some point in the future.

I definatley would like to see more people experimenting with them since they seem to take < 1% per 10ml for stand alone. That's a tiny amount to figure out percentage wise. Anyone have any tips?

BTW: Some Bakers do have diacetyl but the Bakers website (in Russian - use Google translate) lists them. Most are very tiny amounts + using such a tiny percentage = I'm not going to sweat it (- minus a couple of mega's and I think they note those are not suitable for ecig use). I don't want to get into diacetyl debates here. To each their own.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For small recipes using tiny percents, I use drops! For instance, my dropper bottles give me 0.5%/6ml= 1 drop.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am real impressed with Bakers. The shipping charge appears to be $40 no matter how much you buy - but it appears there's a max limit of $100 for personal use (otherwise it's considered wholesale) which in Russian rubles (or whatever) is a LOT. It's kind of an odd process. I thought I might drum up interest in them for reciepes and possibly splitting a shipment at some point in the future.

I definatley would like to see more people experimenting with them since they seem to take < 1% per 10ml for stand alone. That's a tiny amount to figure out percentage wise. Anyone have any tips?

BTW: Some Bakers do have diacetyl but the Bakers website (in Russian - use Google translate) lists them. Most are very tiny amounts + using such a tiny percentage = I'm not going to sweat it (- minus a couple of mega's and I think they note those are not suitable for ecig use). I don't want to get into diacetyl debates here. To each their own.

if you find any vaping zone recipes, or flavor express or well there went my list in a smoky brain :p

but yes, there are bunches of recipes out there for baker's.. just a few drops per 10ml.. sometimes even 30ml
(caramel cream puff, van sponge cake, the caramel mocha) all are pretty decent, and i do <3 their tobaccos! ;)

but the tobaccos from Nicvape.. I want to do a side comparison on them both.. if i can..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Not sure what you mean by 'tips' but here's one for strong flavors... If you want to be able to work easily with super-strong flavors, start by making a batch at 1% or 10%. Then use THAT dilution as your flavoring. That way, no flavor is ever too strong to work with, you can mix small batches, and it's easy to use even as a minor ingredient in recipes.

lumee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I recently found out that Flavors Express sources their lemon flavoring from Baker Flavors. Does anyone know if it is the lemon-lime, or the lemon flavoring?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I recently found out that Flavors Express sources their lemon flavoring from Baker Flavors. Does anyone know if it is the lemon-lime, or the lemon flavoring?

From the comments on ecig express it looks like it's just lemon.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You could probably buy the entire line with $100 if they are only .73/10ml. This would probably be good if there were 4 people in on it. Each person spends $25 on flavors and contributes $10 towards shipping. You'd end up with ~30 flavors for $35. Not bad!

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

Placed an order this week at VZ for some 10 ml's.

Just placed a direct order for these:

100 ml * 7
Cream-Brulee
Caramel
Cake
Vanilla Biscuit
Cream Charlotte
Irish Cream
Strawberry Fresh

50 ml * 18
Honey (Buckwheat)
Dark Chocolate
Chocolate
Chocolate Truffle
Cocoa Beans
Wild Berries
Apple
Grape
Cherry
Banana
Blueberry Nat.
Peach Nat.
Pineapple
Watermelon
Coconut Nat.
Tabakum
Tobacco

Can't wait to try them in one or two months.

Getting bored with the same old TPA, CAP, FA, LA, FW flavoring.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Amanda, I have not yet dabbled a lot with SC's, always interested in discovering new flavors and finding a good mix for them.

Will surely need to get used to mixing sub 1%, or to use drops or to make 10% or so, flavoring dilutions.

Wait...you haven't tried any of these, and yet you ordered 100mls of some? .....That was, um, brave LOL

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Well, I read two whole threads in that other place, and one thread in this place about BF flavors and they quite convinced me.
I love mixing bakery, savory eJuices.
I figure that I will try and really like those several 10 ml's from VapingZone and will then be ready to appreciate the bulk order when it arrives.

This hobby is less expensive than smoking and way more fun.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
BTW, I lurked in that other place for a long time and never revealed myself.
I guess that this is the time and the place for me to stop lurking, righ here and right now.
BTW, it's hard to reveal oneself in a thread that was started four years ago and terminated itself soon afterwards. LoL!

Last edited:

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Hi smoky,

I can only say that I hope that BF is really good! :)

Am ready to mix with little flavoring.
No fooling, I know that I will like those flavours.
Just hearing about most of them in their reviews made me salivate.

My savory mixing always lacked a little something, I presume to guess that BF will add a little extra something to my mixes and some will be great as stand alone flavours as well.

I don't want to get into chocolates right now, but, hoping for the best with the BF chocolates.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I <3 their chocolate truffle.. omy! :)
use between .25% up to around 2% you might want to go higher.. but keep it low..
same goes for their caramel mocha, caramel cream puff and cream charlotte..

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the percentages Smoky Blue,

Their choco truffle certainly has my attention. Can't wait to sample it!
Ever try their cocoa beans, some say that it's similar, in a way, to the truffle but has a 'powdery' texture like halo's belgian cocoa.

Their caramel seems to be a winner, the Charlotte semms to be good as a mixer.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The Super Concentrates carried by Bull City are out of China and they are alcohol based. Not BF flavors.

:(

I bought 3 flavors a long time ago. I still have some. I have the tabakum, vanilla spongecake and caramel. I like them all. Someday I will get a few more. I just have a ton of flavorings right now I need to use up. I use 0.5% on mixing with these flavors. I feel they are very strong.

they are.. :)

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are any of the flavorings they sell at Wal-Mart safe to use for vaping?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Are any of the flavorings they sell at Wal-Mart safe to use for vaping?

You have to read the ingredient labels on those. Lots of them contain sugar, which will carbonize on your coil.
The ones that don't have sugar tend to be really weak, so not too useful for vaping; not very cost-effective because of that.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
I have always tried to avoid alchohol in my eJuice.
That's the reason why I never got into standard super concentrates.
Baker Flavors is giving me a chance to use SC's since their flavor carrier is
PG.

Who knows, I may even try the standard SC's in the future considering the minuscule amounts involved.

Starlyte

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of the Bakers Flavors have 0.1% diactyl, and you need to use about 0.5% of flavor to mix up yout juice, so... either you skip those that contain there tiny drop of diactyl (go walk in a city street and calculate what you inhale in half an hour... I live in the country, so I only get radioactivity ;) ) or just skip those they mark, which they do do, as containing diactyl. I can't be damned de calculate 0.1% of 0.5% but I'm sure someone with the inclination to do so is around...
I used a lot of the VZ SCAB stronger flavors, 2.0%, and found them generally good, although the fruits tasted a bit like dried fruits, which, luckily I like. Now, with the post at an exhorbitant level, and after a house fire, which left just stone walls, I'm re-stocking on flavors, and am very tempted to get a few from Bakers, not so far for me, in France.
They aren't taking orders till the 30 April 2015, inclusive!
Gives me a few days for thought... :D

P.S. Are you sure about the PG carrier, as I understood from VZ's remarks that they're also alcohol based??

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Some of the Bakers Flavors have 0.1% diactyl, and you need to use about 0.5% of flavor to mix up yout juice, so... either you skip those that contain there tiny drop of diactyl (go walk in a city street and calculate what you inhale in half an hour... I live in the country, so I only get radioactivity ;) ) or just skip those they mark, which they do do, as containing diactyl. I can't be damned de calculate 0.1% of 0.5% but I'm sure someone with the inclination to do so is around...
I used a lot of the VZ SCAB stronger flavors, 2.0%, and found them generally good, although the fruits tasted a bit like dried fruits, which, luckily I like. Now, with the post at an exhorbitant level, and after a house fire, which left just stone walls, I'm re-stocking on flavors, and am very tempted to get a few from Bakers, not so far for me, in France.
They aren't taking orders till the 30 April 2015, inclusive!
Gives me a few days for thought... :D

P.S. Are you sure about the PG carrier, as I understood from VZ's remarks that they're also alcohol based??

VZ is alcohol based (the sc line) but.. i am not showing where they are marked with having d or a.p.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wasn't very happy with the Vanilla Sponge Cake, or I just haven't found the proper recipe for it yet.
Much like the FA Pandoro is just "Meh" to me.
But the Blackberry is fantastic...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
that means they have changed :( they used to be all alcohol based :(

and i still do not see if they are d and a.p. free..

VU Sponsors