Become a Patron!

Bad taste from coils

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes.. If you could, please. I've gone through 4 different coils and they are either all the wrong type for my particular e cig, or I'm replacing them wrong, as soon as I put them in and tried using them, I got the burnt/cotton sort of taste, and not as much flavour from my liquids, any idea what the problem could be? The coils are aspire BVCs and the e cig is made up of an aspire top and a vapor battery. I've had numerous problems with it at this stage im almost ready to just go back to smoking or buy a more costly better mod vape.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know Aspire makes two different BVC coils , one for the Nautilus and one for the other tank they sell. I've been told they do not interchange. What tank do you have?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yes.. If you could, please. I've gone through 4 different coils and they are either all the wrong type for my particular e cig, or I'm replacing them wrong, as soon as I put them in and tried using them, I got the burnt/cotton sort of taste, and not as much flavour from my liquids, any idea what the problem could be? The coils are aspire BVCs and the e cig is made up of an aspire top and a vapor battery. I've had numerous problems with it at this stage im almost ready to just go back to smoking or buy a more costly better mod vape.

Are they genuine Aspire coils or clones?
Where did you buy them?
A lot of shops buy their products from Fasttech or other places that sell cloned gear which will look just like the Legit stuff.
Also did you let the new coil head soak in a while like 10 min or so before taking a vape?

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's definilty not the nautilus. It's a slim black e. Pen basically, a cheapest starter model, when I bought it, it was assembled for me and the coil/taste was fine so I'm wary it's something I've been doing wrong with replacing the coils. If they don't interchange I have been seriously cheated out of money but the first coil honestly work great. I will take pics of it if needed

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got them from a store called the E. Cig store, they sell the coils in individual little tabs, the first one I got which they put in the e cig for me worked fine, but the ones I bought and tried replacing myself didn't work at all like the first one did. I tried letting it soak, I tried putting liquid directly in the coil cotton, letting it sit for 15 mins, I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I've spent a lot of money, the coils weren't cheap and I bought 5 of them to last me awhile and now wasted them, that's why I'm flustrated.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vape shops charge more for vape gear. The good thing about that is they should provide customer service. The first place you should go is back to the same vape shop and see if they can fix your problem. Is that possible?

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the problem, I Bought the cig while I was in college across the country, I'm home now for the summer and prob won't be able to get back. Plus I already had to go in to replace the battery. I've had so many problems and they do overcharge, I know this for a fact on both vape tools and liquids. I think I will ask in a shop in my local town if they know what's wrong, otherwise I might invest in a better model maybe advised from here,

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the Aspire Nautilus Mini for several months now and have had no problem with it other than the glass tank breaks when I drop in on hard service. There are some good sales going on this holiday weekend. Do you live in Ireland? I don't know what companies sell/ship to Ireland. I'm also using a Eleaf iStick as a battery and it's working well. Some company's sell them together as a starter set for a better price.

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have researched that before, I'm almost apprehensive at buying another aspire product after my trouble with the coils though. Yes I live in Ireland as you can probably tell from my name :p, some places ship here, otherwise I can always try look around cig shops although as mentioned they tend to be more expensive. Would you recommend the aspire as a reputable brand?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy with my Nautilus mini. My GF doesn't like them, she likes smoktech, and that's good because she losses one or two a month. There is a thread here on VU that has a list of some the companies that are having holiday sales. I've ordered from Rockbottom Vapes, ecig.com. MyFreedomvape, Heartlandvapes and Vaporworld before with good results. It's a pretty good bet if they have an advertisement here at VU they are probably trustworthy.

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks alot for all your help, I'm going to check out this sites and hopefully maybe find a better quality mod instead of my current e cig.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't think of any names off the top of my head but I know there are good shops in the UK that will ship and it will probably be much cheaper shipping wise from the UK to Ireland than from the US. You can look around the forum here or google it...I know there's good online shops in the UK because I have ordered from them...it's just been a year since I have and I can't think of who it was off the top of my head and I am sorry for that....

I am sorry you're having such problems with your Aspire coils. I too had problems with the older style BDC (bottom Dual Coil) heads....I had given up on Aspire completely till they came out with the newer designed BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) head design. From the sounds of it you're doing everything right. If you're dripping liquid around the inside edges of the coil head and on the juice ports on the sides of the coil assembly and then letting liquid soak up into it once you've put your tank together I can't think of why they wouldn't be working other than you just got a bad pack of coils...which can happen from time to time because they're so massed produced once in a while a bad pack slips threw QC which totally blows. I've gotten packs of the older design where every one was junk, but I haven't heard of a whole pack of BVC's being bad till now. The only other thing I could think of that would ruin a coil instantly is if you have the wattage or voltage set too high for them the first time you fire them but it sounds like you just have a basic battery that isn't adjustable and those shouldn't put out that kind of power unless something is wrong with the battery itself causing it to fire at a very high voltage and shouldn't be used.

I wouldn't give up on vaping just yet. One thing you can always do is find a vape shop locally and go in and ask questions about things and look at things so you can see them in your hand and see what you like and then go and order them online for cheaper so you know what you're getting. I am all for supporting local shops but I understand what it's like vaping on a budget and sometimes buying online is cheaper and a good reputable online retailer will let you exchange dead on arrival items that don't work properly the same as a good brick and mortar shop will. I am sorry you've been having problems and I hope you have better luck in the future. I know how horrible it is when stuff doesn't work out of the pack. I am sorry and I wish you better luck and hope that you get a vape that works better for you :(

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
JSt get an rba and wrap them yourself

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUOTE="madmonkey,
Thank you :) your reply was very helpful, I think it may be the battery like you said but honestly most likely I think it's either a bad batch of bvcs or me inputting them wrong. I'm going to see about testing some in a vape stope near me and maybe buy it online if it's cheaper from the Uk. Thanks for the help :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm relatively new to vaping, I think I'd mess that up completely,

sorry if you got a bad lot...

as for wrapping them yourself...well...I will admit that rebuilding aspire products is a bit more of a pain than Kangers...that's one of the appeals of the Kanger tanks, they make them easy to customize...but wrapping a single BVC coil is fairly simple and not expensive to get started doing...he's not my favorite but RIP trippers did a very good easy to understand video on rewrapping BVC coils for the Nautilus and it can be adapted for the Atlantis with a thicker gauge wire. You can get all the supplies you need from Lightening Vapes fairly cheap and use the code LV15 for an extra 15 percent off and shipping is always free.

Best of luck to you and better happier vaping :)

Eanna S

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies! I just bought a new tank/battery yesterday (the nautilus mini and istick) and I'm back to being a happy vaper :) I don't think il attempt rebuilding coils just yet :) I'm not sure how to close a thread but it's pretty much sorted if a mod wants to set it as resolved. Thanks again for all the help!

VU Sponsors