Become a Patron!

Bad flavour from the troll rta

I bought the troll rda today, and before i read up on how it would taste like. I have a baby beast also, which im used to. I read reviews on the troll and watched youtube reviews, and everyone said it would taste great. I have cosmic fogs sonrise on it, and i have to say im not tasting the flavours at all the way it taste like on my baby beast. I have the standard coils i got with it and i have redone my wicking twice, still not getting the flavour. It taste a little bit cotton. What am i doing wrong. I mean, even if it would be half decent flavour it should have tasted better than this. I have a wistec rx 2/3 and have tried it in 30 watts to 70 watts, tastes the same.. what am i doing wrong?? Does it taste this bad? i dont think it should, all the reviews on it were so positiv. Whats your input on this??

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you wash it before building it? Oils used in manufacturing sure don't taste good.
Where are your coils in relation to air holes? I don't have this atty so I don't know if it is side or bottom air. Side air you want the coils close the air holes and you want to see the bottom half of the coil through the air holes. Bottom air you want your coils directly over the air holes and pretty close to them.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We need to see a picture of the build deck to see if you are doing something wrong.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sight unseen, I would guess it is improperly wicked. Too much cotton. Or not primed enough.

Could be an issue with the coils themselves. The coils that come with rda's are usually simple coils that cannot handle much wattage. Possible you need to turn down the wattage. Another possibility is the coils are not heating up evenly or have hotspots. Are they glowing evenly from the middle out? Is one coil glowing faster than the other?

Washing out atomizers with dawn soap at least is a must before first use. Ultrasonic cleaner is even better.

Pictures would certainly help.

I will tell you the troll should have way better flavor than a baby beast. No question about it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yet another possibility is that the negative post assembly is a bit loose.
Check the neg post screw on the bottom of the atty for being nice and tight.

VU Sponsors