Become a Patron!

Bad batch of Cotton Bacon v2? Hmmm

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think the main thing here for me isn't the packaging but the cotton. I immediately noticed it was off when I first started working with it. Maybe CB2 changed something, but my juice just beads on the top without absorbing until I give the coil some good heat. I almost have to treat it like KGD. And like I said early, the consistency is strange - it's "waxy" in texture and doesn't pull apart cleanly at all.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thing is, if your dripping you might not notice crappy cotton but the minute you squonk it, you can tell that inferior cotton will take longer to wick.

Cotton bacon v2 authentic does wick faster and doesn't take as long as "nogendo" or Jap. Org. Cotton.

Jap kendo and ko gen do all have break in periods. I notice this. Sometimes it's a day, sometimes a few mls. I used to be all about the vapor production and I still am, but lean heavily towards flavor and getting a stellar vape.

My vape habits have drastically changed. I'm glad where i ended up. I feel I've matured bit. You don't have to spend tons of money but time is spent finding the best way and methods.

When using the cotton pads, there not too bad. I don't ever use all that cotton that Scottish roll method calls for, I'll Strech out a pad I don't even de-skin it. Just streaching it out evenly is enough. I can get 6 wicks from one pad. Too much cotton too tight and it mutes the flavor

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually like Sally Salon Coil Cotten better than KGD.
but like CBV2 best of all I have tried.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Had a go with this new stuff I picked up “Flash Wicks” it’s 100% Pima cotton and has next to no break in time (probably quicker than CB in my opinion) wicks well pleased with it so far, comes out the packet like native wicks ....I’ll definately buy it again although I’ll always have a pack of CBV2 and KGD about

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Alright so I went to my local B&M and bought some more CB2. And the difference is mind boggling.

It seems the "legit" CB has a lot more rayon in it than the batch I bought online. This new bag has the authentication QR on the back, so maybe WnV changed their formula again? I've wicked with Rayon and it definitely feels and tastes pretty similar to Rayon but with cotton qualities.

A few things to note, it had been a while since I used CB as I was using Native Wicks Platinum for a while, so it is possible that I got an authentic batch that might have been bad and this new batch is just different?

New batch on the left, old on the right. Notice the rayon strands "fuzzing" out the and straightness of the cotton:

upload_2018-2-16_16-46-58.png

You can see below the new batch on the left is more squared:

upload_2018-2-16_16-47-34.png

Authenticator QR on the back:

upload_2018-2-16_16-50-10.png

Doesn't matter though, this new bag wicks like a champ it's seriously NIGHT AND DAY compared to what I was using and has been the best wicking stuff I've tried yet. Of course I still struggle with Rayon to wick properly but maybe this is a good stepping stone.

VU Sponsors