Become a Patron!

Baby Beast Tank Muted/Burnt/Cotton Taste

I've tried X4, Q2 0.4 and 0.6 Ohm coils and I continue getting a muted taste and soon becomes a little burnt even though the cotton is still pearly white. I've tried 2 packs of Q2s and 2 packs of X4s and continue having this problem. I've primed every coil I've used and even did the breaking in progress. I've experimented vaping lower wattages for the entire life span of the coil and the taste continues to be muted until finally getting burnt in a few days. I use 70/30 or 75/25 6mg nic and have 6 different flavors to choose from. The pack of coils are legit since I used the verification process. Any help? New to vaping and I'm definitely not having a fun time and it feels like a waste of money I hope I'm just doing something wrong. I've never vaped any of these coils higher than 55 Watts

I use the AL85 by SMOK

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have you tried poking a few holes in the cotton to get better absorption? A lot of people have had luck with this exact issue you are describing by doing just that.

Welcome to VU.

Have you tried poking a few holes in the cotton to get better absorption? A lot of people have had luck with this exact issue you are describing by doing just that.

Welcome to VU.

Yeah I've seen RiP Trippers videos I've done that too. It definitely helps a little but compared to my friends vape the flavor was insane. He had the Alien 220W and was running it pretty low at 80W and had a Big Baby Beast and I was so surprised. I don't expect that type of flavor from the little AL85 but having muted taste is just weird to me.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
After replacing the coil, put a few drops on the cotton and make sure it soaks it up, do that several times until it is wetted then after filing the tank close the airholes and draw on it a few times to pull the juice into the coil. Then have a go at it. Burning like that means you are not getting juice to the coils so it just cooks up the cotton which is not a pleasant vape experience.

After replacing the coil, put a few drops on the cotton and make sure it soaks it up, do that several times until it is wetted then after filing the tank close the airholes and draw on it a few times to pull the juice into the coil. Then have a go at it. Burning like that means you are not getting juice to the coils so it just cooks up the cotton which is not a pleasant vape experience.

I've always done that too I always prime the coils like that. I have good oral hygiene, I'm not sick and I'm not stuck with one flavor.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I've always done that too I always prime the coils like that. I have good oral hygiene, I'm not sick and I'm not stuck with one flavor.

Best of luck on your quest to satisfaction.

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Don't forget to start at lower wattages when you have a fresh coil and work your way up

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
My GF has same issue with TFV12 coils - the answer i discovered was the liquids she was using, FULL of sugar, was burning out coils in 48hrs, not good, removing the coil and tapping it on the table, lots of tiny black burnt specks were dropping out, She switched to a liquid very low in sweeterners and the issue seems to be rectified.

Martymcfly

Member For 1 Year
You could give the Vaporesso NRG coils a shot. They are cross compatible with the Baby. They have been performing well in my NRG tank.

DodgeSwinger72

Member For 1 Year
I've tried X4, Q2 0.4 and 0.6 Ohm coils and I continue getting a muted taste and soon becomes a little burnt even though the cotton is still pearly white. I've tried 2 packs of Q2s and 2 packs of X4s and continue having this problem. I've primed every coil I've used and even did the breaking in progress. I've experimented vaping lower wattages for the entire life span of the coil and the taste continues to be muted until finally getting burnt in a few days. I use 70/30 or 75/25 6mg nic and have 6 different flavors to choose from. The pack of coils are legit since I used the verification process. Any help? New to vaping and I'm definitely not having a fun time and it feels like a waste of money I hope I'm just doing something wrong. I've never vaped any of these coils higher than 55 Watts

I use the AL85 by SMOK
If im reading right are you switching flavors on the same coil? If so thats one thing i noticed with mine the coils die REAL fast doing that. You'll see almost like a black sludge on the edge of the coils that mutes the flavor pretty quick and burns them out just as fast. The other thing that happens to me is if you're outside most of the day and its cold the juice gets thicker and it won't wick the way it should. Im a yard jocky ran into that issue A LOT. Hope this helps. Don't give up on the vapeing thing worst case maybe have to get another tank. Good luck man.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
For what it's worth, I find that I get a couple of coils that take a hell of a long time to get the cotton flavor out of my mouth. I'll take 2 pulls, then drink a soda. Pull, rinse, repeat. Takes me around 8 tmes to finally begin enjoying my coil. If you look at them before you put them in, you'll see where it may be packed more in one area then the other. THAT took me 2 months to figure out.

And yes, I'll poke a small whole or two after I finished 1/2 tank. But I'll poke it in the area that I feel has the most cotton. First time I put the pin straight through each wicking hole, I wound up with a double paper towel soaked of my favorite juice everywhere.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors