AWT 18650, 3.7v, 3000MAH , 40A

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
visited my local vape today to buy a couple of batteries are these things for real?!

Havent used them yet as they are charging but they are stamped up to the max like efset batteries not simple wraps like the batteries they used to sell

In any case these stats seem super impressive for high drain batteries?

40A!? surely not for continuous? Must be a momentary pulse or something not even Sony or LG boast this

Love the capacity of 3000MAH hopefully they will last a little longer than my 2500's

Anyone used these and are they any good?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok just found a little info from the website seems to answer my question about the 40A (below), bit cheeky really but still wondered if anyone used these before for sub ohm vaping?

• Brand: AWT
  • Size: 18650
  • Chemistry: IMR
  • Nominal Capacity: 3000mAh
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
  • Discharge: 20A Max Continuous, Rated 40A Max Pulse by AWT
  • Positive: Flat
  • Protected: NO, UNPROTECTED
  • Rechargeable: Yes
  • Dimensions: 18.39mm x 64.90mm
  • Weight: 45g

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since the lie about the amperage they probably lie about the mah also. Or there re-wrapped LG HG2 B-stock or the like. I think Mooch tested them and said there ok. There's a chart floating around the forum someplace but I only use LG or Samsung so I couldn't tell you wear. A plus for AWT is they say 20A CDR in you description.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok just found a little info from the website seems to answer my question about the 40A (below), bit cheeky really but still wondered if anyone used these before for sub ohm vaping?

• Brand: AWT
  • Size: 18650
  • Chemistry: IMR
  • Nominal Capacity: 3000mAh
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
  • Discharge: 20A Max Continuous, Rated 40A Max Pulse by AWT
  • Positive: Flat
  • Protected: NO, UNPROTECTED
  • Rechargeable: Yes
  • Dimensions: 18.39mm x 64.90mm
  • Weight: 45g
It's a rewrap. Mooch said it's basically a lower grade hg2. It doesn't recommend because they could change the cell they use anytime and we wouldn't know. But the ones he tested were 20 amp batts so technically you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome thanks for the quick posts guys also found a great website for battery tests and they have tested this battery to boot!

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42923

Conclusion was

The 40A rating sounds a bit high, but the cell do handle 20A very well.

to the AWT 3Ah 40A.Same flat top.I am taking the AWT 35A as reference for the 30Q and this 40A for the HG2.
Thanks a lot for testing these Henrik.
Apart from initial voltage sag up to 0.3Ah , these hold their voltage better than the HE2,25R and VTC5.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it doesn't say Sony, Samsung or LG on the wrapper I just don't buy it....Why pay more for some fancy wrapper and false advertisements?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
VTC5A looks like the way to go according to mooch problem is sourcing those batteries is difficult (rarer than rockinghorse shit) and no way I'm buying anything from eBay or Amazon 3rd party so anyone know of a reputable source?

I'm using LG HE4 at the moment haven't been that impressed to be honest don't hold their charge that long for me anyway and they aren't that long into those lifecycle either... had some shitty efset ones sent wrong in the post vendor said I could keep them anyway tried them once god they are woeful seriously take like 25 puffs and they die lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
In meantime since I have these now anyway might as well try them so will try a few cycles and let you guys know what I think in comparison to my HE4's obviously I don't have the set up mooch has but can draw a comparison on my personal experience using them on my 220w mod box

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
VTC5A looks like the way to go according to mooch problem is sourcing those batteries is difficult (rarer than rockinghorse shit) and no way I'm buying anything from eBay or Amazon 3rd party so anyone know of a reputable source?

I'm using LG HE4 at the moment haven't been that impressed to be honest don't hold their charge that long for me anyway and they aren't that long into those lifecycle either... had some shitty efset ones sent wrong in the post vendor said I could keep them anyway tried them once god they are woeful seriously take like 25 puffs and they die lol
Depends what you are doing. For regulated mods samsung 30q. For unregulated you may want the vct5a. Both can be found cheap on these trusted sites. Personally I usually buy from illumn.com but all 3 are good
Illumn.com liionwholesale.com imrbatteries.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well tried these for a few cycles as I said I would charging in between on my nitecore d4

Fully charged D4 is reading 4.2v (charging took just over 3 hours stupidly didn't record starting voltage can imagine it's 3.3v as my mod detects the low point)

I'm using Smok H-Priv 220w (regulated mod takes two of these batteries)

On top sits the Smok cloud beast tank with T8-V8 coil

Using a mix of 75/25 VG/PG ratio

Vaping at 120w throughout and until my Mod said enough is enough it's time for a recharge...

Managed to get on average 290 puffs after 3 cycles

Didn't notice a drop at all in vape quality, taste or cloud the whole time right up until empty message popped up, it was silky smooth the entire time for me and getting nice big clouds even at the end.

These last longer than my HE4s which die after about 260 and unlike the HE4 did not drop quality for the entire discharge so all in all pretty pleased with them obviously if they crap out early I'll report back

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 year old Sony vtc4's and lg he2's, 2 year old Samsung 25r's (blue), and 1 year old Samsung 25r's (green). They've all seen regular use. The vtc4's still hit harder than the rest in my mech and the wrappers on the vtc4's have held up better than the rest. The other cells having a higher initial capacity is irrelevant when they suffer from noticeably more voltage sag and their capacity at this point is crap. Vtc4's for me. Just what I've found.

VU Sponsors