Become a Patron!

Avocado 24 flavor build?

Tombat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Greetings vape friends,

I've had my avocado 24 for about two weeks now, and first and foremost: I'm loving it. I love the size of the build deck, I love the airflow and lack of leaking, and I love the ceramic block piece that enables single coil builds. So far I've tried a good range of builds (24g macros, 24g spaced, fused Clapton, both single and dual, spaced fused claptons etc.) and all of them have worked great. I honestly can't think of one build that I hated. My question is, for anybody who's currently using an avocado, avocado 24, or similar genny style attie, what's your favorite build for flavor? I understand that this is an extremely subjective question, but as I'm pretty new to building, I'd like to get any and all opinions from people of all different skill levels. Even though I've only been building for a little while, I've gotten pretty skilled and knowledgable about it because of how obsessive I am regarding practice and research, and that's why I'm asking you fine people. Any and all suggestions, thoughts, or comments are not only welcomed, they are appreciated.

Thanks in advance vape fam !

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fused Clapton
28/40 all NICHROME
3.0 id 5 wraps

VAPE ON

Tombat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This may be a silly question, but Nichrome can only be used in temperature control, correct? I exclusively vape using wattage mode because, to be perfectly honest I just don't understand temp control. I tried it out with some Nichrome coils in a sub ohm tank I was using for a while and I just could not get it to hit correctly, probably because, like I said , I don't understand temp control one bit. I read up on it like crazy and watched some videos and I still don't understand it.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, Nichrome is to be used in Wattage/Power mode, very few mods will run Nichrome in TC (Hohm Wrecker/Slice).
Nichrome wire is a mix of Nickel/Chromium/Iron, in varying ratios. Due to the Nickel content, Nichrome will have a lower TCR than Kanthal, allowing for more wire mass at a lower resistance, with less ramp up time (you may get, say, 2 extra wraps than Kanthal, at the same resistance, and still have a faster ramp up time). More wire mass leads to, potentially, more vapor and flavor production.

All that said, some things are subjective. For most people it's a "Love it or Hate it" situation. Some swear by it, while others hate it. Some say it brings out flavor nuances, while others say it'll leave a metallic taste. It'll come down to personal preference at this point.

On a side note, alot of people don't use Nichrome due to potential Nickel allergies.

My opinion on Nichrome is unbiased, but also undecided. I don't necessarily have any problems with Nichrome, but I don't find it any better than Kanthal either. I don't get any metallic flavors or anything, but it's not any improvement over Kanthal to me. I could take it or leave it, it's nothing special to me. What's more important is the build itself, and the gear it's used in.

Now down to the "IMO" of best builds. I would highly recommend Aliens, any Aliens, single or dual. I've had a few different Alien variations (Fused/Staggered/Framed/Etc) and in varying gauges too, and they're all amazing, in terms of both Vapor and Flavor production. I love Fused and Staggered Claptons too, but nothing beats an Alien!

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i been happy with this build. 8 wrap 26/32 A1 clapton wire. 50-70w .55ohm

E5UmJQCl.jpg

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just picked up an Avocado 24mm today. I LOVE IT. i just did a simple 6 wrap 24 spaced, flavor is good. i've never been really big on clapton

Had the Avacado for awhile now, currently have a single coil 316l tribraid .34 ohms in temp control.
I have found that the wicking has a bigger influence on the flavor than the coils, it is a great tank with tons of flavor.

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the life of me, I can't get the avocado to give good flavor with a single coil. Its always extremely, extremely muted.

Dual coil though? I've yet to put in a build that wasn't pretty damn good. Currently using 26g/38g claptons.. 7 (?) wraps.

Generally, I get better flavor when the wicks aren't dunked in the liquid in the tank (but not always). I've yet to really get the wicking down consistently. No dry hits on it yet though.

IMG_1055.JPG
Current set up 316l vertebraid 3mm 7 wraps .34 ohms 490 degrees @ 55 watts.
Flavor is great, I feel that the coil is to big though it gets hot fast!
Thinking next build will be a 316l plain coil.
Wicking is rayon with the tails thinned and laying on top of the juice holes.

Single coil, flat clapton ( .3 x .8 + 32G) A1 kanthal, 3mm, 5wraps, .6ohms and lightly wicking. the cotton that goes in the holes i cut at an angle.
Like mentioned before when you chain vape the top cap gets hot.
But i love the avocado, easy to wick and to fill up, small and lots of flavor, actually it gives better flavor then my aromamizer supreme. The supreme works only good for flavor with spaced coils ( plain single wire) and the avocado i can put anything in it and its spot on.
Definitely i'm gonna buy me second one ( or even two).

Avidos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fused Clapton
28/40 all NICHROME
3.0 id 5 wraps

VAPE ON

Tried this one, works like a charm ;)

View attachment 57153
Current set up 316l vertebraid 3mm 7 wraps .34 ohms 490 degrees @ 55 watts.
Flavor is great, I feel that the coil is to big though it gets hot fast!
Thinking next build will be a 316l plain coil.
Wicking is rayon with the tails thinned and laying on top of the juice holes.

Oh wow that is one toasted/gunked coil. Yeah, it really become hot if you're into chaining.. everything in moderation and enjoy :)

VU Sponsors