KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks

Bought this RDA recently was waiting for the swanky black version to be released, after spending some time with it wanted to drop my review on this new RDA from Augvape

IMG_1220.JPG

So what do you get

Features:
  • 24 mm Diameter
  • 24K Two-Post Build Deck Gold Plated Deck
  • 810 Drip tip
  • 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Clamp Snag System
  • Come with Ultem Drip Tip And Derlin Drip Tip
  • Come With Gold Plated Brass Pin And SS Squonk Pin
  • Clamp Snag System (CSS) Design
  • Coil Leads Secured via Top Post Mechanism
  • PEEK Insulators
  • Dual Slotted Side Airflow Control
  • ULTEM Widebore Top Cap
  • Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • SS Squonk-Ready 510 Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Comes in the standard Augvape cardboard tube, with the scratch and sniff on the side, does the job I actually don't mind Augvape packaging prefer it to some of the other guys out there

Inside you get a bag with ....well not a lot to be honest (wheres my spare screws?) get a 510 adapter, a few orings, and a different style drip tip and a squonk pin. I think Augvape need to up thier game in this department to be honest doesn't hurt to add some spare screws in there which you will probably need (more on that later)

The Allen Key serves to insert/remove the squonk pin

I'm pretty sure I had one of those tiny little screwdrivers but may have lost it or it's in a different bag somewhere so assume that comes with it

IMG_1217.JPG

As you can see the Druga breaks into four parts pretty standard for an RDA although I like the thickness of the housing and top cap and the paint feels quality very much like the skill rda to me

Well how well is it put together?

Actually not bad, the orings are a little stiff on mine but nothing like I experienced on the skill rda, lube these bad boys up and you're good to go

It's been through a few seperate cleaning cycles on my ultrasonic cleaner, rewicked etc and the black paint has held fast no flaking yet the only worrying thing is the gold plating started to bubble from the top of the screw on the left post below

IMG_1218.JPG

And from the negative screw under the deck so lose points on this not impressed! Which is why I would like to have seen some spares in the bag

IMG_1219.JPG

What's she like to build on

Surprisingly easy actually. Place your coils and measure where you need to snip the legs. Do this both sides and insert the coils. Hand tighten the screws (which is a really handy feature) then you can use a Phillips to finish off

IMG_1205.JPG

Now I was worried about the coils slipping out but have to say didn't experience this myself am yet to build a monster coil for the Druga so may well come back and edit if I find the coils slip!

The post holes are massive so I could easily fit my coil legs side by side here to get a better connection from the post (instead of having to stack them)

Also I like how the coils are always centred so no messing about having to move them over like on a lot of the decks being released recently

I wanted to give temp control a go first on the Druga so you can see the SS316L fused claptons I wacked in there

But for ease of build big thumbs up to Augvape here nice innovative deck design I like it :)

How she vape?

Onto the main event I guess unless you already did the TL DR on me lol

This is like the lovechild between the Geekvape peerless and skill rda the draw is really smooth, very airy when open full! but I don't vape like that I personally prefer a restricted lung hit so have the AFC about half way maybe a little less, even less so when in TC mode

Flavour is on point really good in fact and not noticed any dodgy readings when in temp control so connection is working great

Been using this RDA in both squonk mode and Dripper style have to say I really like both. Used a little less wicking when squonking but seems to get the juice where It needs to and didn't get any dry hits although it's a big old deck so you'll notice the squonk juice go down quick :)

I wasn't a fan of the ultem drip tip so opted for the spare black Delrin one included much much nicer!

So in the flavour and vape experience department I'm very impressed well done Augvape, I'm yet to give a thumbs down on the products I've bought from you

So my final thoughts

I would recommend this RDA absolutely it's better quality than the peerless and less expensive than the skill rda yet offers a great balance between the two, ok the gold plating coming off wound me up big time especially with the lack of screws (which are unique and not really replaceable) but it's still worth picking one up in my opinion if you are into building big old coils or like the vape from the peerless/skill.
Or if you are looking for your first jump into the RDA world without spending an arm and a leg

Pros
Smooth draw
Great paint finish
Great flavour
Great price point
Looks awesome!
Now comes in a variety of colours
Squonkable

Cons

Poor gold plating
Lack of spares
Subjective but the ultem drip tip is too short

IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review King.

Love the look on the Q Mini, all matchy with the black and silver contrast.

That Drone though, I am jelly for sure, have you done a review on that? Would love to hear how you like it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review King.

Love the look on the Q Mini, all matchy with the black and silver contrast.

That Drone though, I am jelly for sure, have you done a review on that? Would love to hear how you like it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm going to do a drone review soon mate had it for long enough now to feel comfy to do it won't be doing the tech test like SRR does though as I lack the equipment but I can centrainly give it my thoughts :)

The Q mini is my favourite mod so far it's just outstanding in every area apart from the support app they use

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I really liked the Druga also - but have the same gripes, lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I really liked the Druga also - but have the same gripes, lol

did the gold strip on yours as well Lucy? I took it out of the cleaner and saw the bubbling on the paint had a FFS moment! Thankfully it's only happened on the screws!

Yep the Boreas, Merlin RDTA (despite some quirks) and this really liked them all I'm glad Augvape doesn't come out with a product every five minutes like some and the ones they do bring out tend to be pretty good!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
did the gold strip on yours as well Lucy?

Not yet - but it looks and feels like it would, based on my past experiences with gold plate

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Not yet - but it looks and feels like it would, based on my past experiences with gold plate

Seems to be the done thing these days I don't mind it as long as it stays put! Having gold plating on any nurling or stress points on screws is a big no no in my book will never end well .. Geekvape did the right thing on the peerless deck screws

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Kingpin. This one I did pick up. They just released a bunch of new colors. And I'm a sucker for colors.
61d63e139a536706d465a2890961aaa8.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks Kingpin. This one I did pick up. They just released a bunch of new colors. And I'm a sucker for colors.
61d63e139a536706d465a2890961aaa8.jpg

I really want the red one mate do love a red mod might just have to get another just for the match lol

Get a great vape on here Johnny it's no Hadaly but I really like the way it vapes especially for dual coil

VU Sponsors