Become a Patron!

Augvape Boreas v2

What would you like?
Post less, claps whatever, there's like 1000 decks that work better than a velocity because nobody uses round wires anymore.
Air flow option is basically limitless in RTAS, bottom air is a typical good choice because of it's simplicity and solid reputation for good flavor, and we don't have to worry about dripping induced leaking in RTAS.
The design of the deck and airflow seemed to me like not much effort was putting into it.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wonder if we'll have to boreas burp this one :rolleyes:

It was bloody unforgiving if you didn't hehe remember my first time filling it forgot to do that ...didn't end well, suppose I should have read the manual
This thread makes me wanna take my OG Boreas out of semi retirement. But for some reason, I'm not familiar with this "Boreas Burp". What do I need to do?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread makes me wanna take my OG Boreas out of semi retirement. But for some reason, I'm not familiar with this "Boreas Burp". What do I need to do?
when refilling and screwing the top back on: once the o-rings start gripping you turn it upside down to finish tightening. I do a few other things as well: before I take the top off I turn it upside down to let the deck drain then close the air flow ring so the juice flow will be closed when refilling. Once I refilled I open 1 air hole and take a vape, and do the same with 2 or 3 holes before I open it all the way. I use paper towel on the cap and air flow ring as well to keep my hands from getting juice on them.

more detailed steps from @Deucesjack here and he doesn't drain the deck, might have to try that method in a few as I have one ready to refill - http://vapingunderground.com/threads/boreas-yeah-get-one.271203/page-2#post-1402419

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
when refilling and screwing the top back on: once the o-rings start gripping you turn it upside down to finish tightening. I do a few other things as well: before I take the top off I turn it upside down to let the deck drain then close the air flow ring so the juice flow will be closed when refilling. Once I refilled I open 1 air hole and take a vape, and do the same with 2 or 3 holes before I open it all the way. I use paper towel on the cap and air flow ring as well to keep my hands from getting juice on them.

more detailed steps from @Deucesjack here - http://vapingunderground.com/threads/boreas-yeah-get-one.271203/page-2#post-1402419
Definetly a process but rewarding.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definetly a process but rewarding.
yeah, my method is second nature to me at this point and it will be hard to learn a new method but if it means having an extra ml or so of liquid each refill it will be worth it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah, my method is second nature to me at this point and it will be hard to learn a new method but if it means having an extra ml or so of liquid each refill it will be worth it.
I do something very similar to you except drain the bottom tank first. I will start that.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, what deucesjack wrote I do but I still get some seepage, if it's a refill. It's no big deal your initial one hole vape probably would not cure.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, what deucesjack wrote I do but I still get some seepage, if it's a refill. It's no big deal your initial one hole vape probably would not cure.
thanks, will prolly just stick with my method then. I hate it when I occasionally forget to close the afc/jfc take the top off and have it all dump on my mod lol.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh my - must have discontinued it or changed it

Got it from an old post on the old Boreas thread

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh my - must have discontinued it or changed it

Got it from an old post on the old Boreas thread
It's the thought that counts. :D

they already have it marked as 20% off so no code will probably work. 36 seems fair for a brand new tank that is pre-order almost everywhere else still. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
I agree. I'ma gonna get it now.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

What fozzy said pretty much for the original

1. Drain the tank before refilling
2. I turn my upside down get any left over juice up top first
3. close airvents right up (upside down)
4. Turn right side up and undo top cap and refill
5. As you screw top cap back on I do so until I just start to feel orings tighten
6. Turn it upside down and open airvents and finish off tightening top cap quickly
7. Turn it back upright take a few vapes

Doing this avoids the gushing I experienced to start with. I might get a little bit of seeping from time to time when refilling but nothing to bad as long as there is a nice bed of cotton plugging those holes

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What fuzzy said pretty much for the original

1. Drain the tank before refilling
2. I turn my upside down get any left over juice up top first
3. close airvents right up (upside down)
4. Turn right side up and undo top cap and refill
5. As you screw top cap back on I do so until I just start to feel orings tighten
6. Turn it upside down and open airvents and finish off tightening top cap quickly
7. Turn it back upright take a few vapes

Doing this avoids the gushing I experienced to start with. I might get a little bit of seeping from time to time when refilling but nothing to bad as long as there is a nice bed of cotton plugging those holes

Roxy trained us disciples well. :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Roxy trained us disciples well. :D

If only I actually read that lot before I refilled it the first few times!

Whole tank flooded out first time on me hahaha

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No leaking. I only filled it maybe 10%, though - just in case. Now to fill it up all the way...

2017-10-01 18.51.33.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine never leak unless I tilt them. The only time the deck is drained is when I vape it dry or clean it. I've filled them dry, half full, a quarter full, never mattered long as the AFC was closed, fill the tank, screw on the top cap, flip it and open one air flow hole, close it and revert it. Open full tilt and vape, no tricks, no leaks.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
screw on the top cap, flip it and open one air flow hole, close it and revert it.
that is the trick. There a number of different ways to skin this cat but most other tanks dont require some combination of this flipping/closing/opening 'trick' when refilling. At least one of the boreas v2 reviews I saw (DJLSB I think) mentioned leaking on refilling so I think it will require something similar even though they went with a more traditional deck and wick/juice ports. The nice thing about the boreas v1 (minus the burping/flipping) was how easy it was to wick with rayon for me. No fine tuning of how much/little to thin the tails to fit in the juice wells, just thin a bunch and lay it on the bottom of the deck to cover the wick holes.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that is the trick. There a number of different ways to skin this cat but most other tanks dont require some combination of this flipping/closing/opening 'trick' when refilling. At least one of the boreas v2 reviews I saw (DJLSB I think) mentioned leaking on refilling so I think it will require something similar even though they went with a more traditional deck and wick/juice ports. The nice thing about the boreas v1 (minus the burping/flipping) was how easy it was to wick with rayon for me. No fine tuning of how much/little to thin the tails to fit in the juice wells, just thin a bunch and lay it on the bottom of the deck to cover the wick holes.
It's a no-fail, really. There's no way to screw up the wicking and never a dry hit. I wish all my newbies had them, they're awesome.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've got the Merlin RDTAs, just not the mini. At least I don't think I do.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are these actually the real deal guys was thinking of getting some at some point

https://m.fasttech.com/p/amp/6962500

I really want to find some Boreas drip tips ideally it's my favourite 510

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
They are really nice drip tips aren't they?

Yeah I like them, I find some 510 drip tips don't work in other attys, base is too long etc but these seem to fit everything I've tried, perfect bore size for me, and height..wanted to get some coloured resin versions of it

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are these actually the real deal guys was thinking of getting some at some point

https://m.fasttech.com/p/amp/6962500

I really want to find some Boreas drip tips ideally it's my favourite 510
You mean Merlin tips? Boreas tips are straight walled. I am not positive if they are authentic Merlin tips but they are the ones I have in my cart - https://www.fasttech.com/products/6984500

I also have some similar black ones in my cart that don't say authentic but look similar - https://www.fasttech.com/products/6687711

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You mean Merlin tips? Boreas tips are straight walled. I am not positive if they are authentic Merlin tips but they are the ones I have in my cart - https://www.fasttech.com/products/6984500

I also have some similar black ones in my cart that don't say authentic but look similar - https://www.fasttech.com/products/6687711

The ones I posted a link to were Merlin fozzy yeah I'm after Boreas ones ideally though

Edit: Sorry been calling your name out wrong buddy you got the pic and everything doh! Changed!

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones I posted a link to were Merlin fozzy yeah I'm after Boreas ones ideally though

Edit: Sorry been calling your name out wrong buddy you got the pic and everything doh! Changed!
hehe no worries, I have been getting called fuzzy for over a decade on other forums.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Fuck. Me.
Now I gotta figure out where the sent my Boreas V2. Ashby is over 50 miles away.

Capture.JPG

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

They are very authentic - but the colors are very random

I've ordered the five-pack three times and have all kinds of colors.

Of the three different orders, each time one color is usually dominate, like three orange, one blue, one red

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I do is flip to drain the bottom
Close afc
Take top off
Fill
Screw top on till I feel oring catch
Crack open afc
Tighten top
Open afc to where I want
Vape

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's the one thing I don't get - what's the point of having a block like that? Hopefully I'll figure out why it's there when it get's here.

VU Sponsors