Become a Patron!

Attention FDA: American Cancer Society endorses vaping as a stop-smoking aid

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more smoke & mirrors. Further, the FDA is the FDA - it doesn't listen to what it doesn't want to hear, (otherwise they'd be referencing the Royal Colleges of Physicians|Nurses|Midwives and all this nonsense wouldn't even be an issue).
"The ACS statement also endorses new legislation that would prohibit the sales of vapor products to persons under the age of 21 while promising to contribute and support the need for further e-cig research."​

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
ACS came out a couple years ago on the side of vaping over smoking but are clear they'd prefer you simply quit smoking. Vaping will never be their 1st choice for a smoking cessation product.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ACS came out a couple years ago on the side of vaping over smoking but are clear they'd prefer you simply quit smoking. Vaping will never be their 1st choice for a smoking cessation product.

That's a shame, because it's the 1st product that has been 100% successful in my countless attempts at quitting smoking. I believe it will also be 100% successful in my quitting this altogether when I start to lower the nicotine levels to zero.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
That's a shame, because it's the 1st product that has been 100% successful in my countless attempts at quitting smoking. I believe it will also be 100% successful in my quitting this altogether when I start to lower the nicotine levels to zero.
Not 100% successful at all. Vaping simply doesn't work for everyone. We forum users are a very small segment of smokers that have tried vaping.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Not 100% successful at all. Vaping simply doesn't work for everyone. We forum users are a very small segment of smokers that have tried vaping.

I agree. It's been 100% successful in my case. I actually stumbled on to vaping, didn't know anything about it (and still don't lol) and decided to give it a try. I think if it was promoted more nationally, a vast majority of smokers who like myself have tried quitting too many times to count, would at least give it a try and I'd be willing to wager, many would find success.

VU Sponsors