Become a Patron!

Atomizer short, don't abuse protects

Vapeuser2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've read other posts and I am still lost. Tried cleaning 510 pin with alcohol, it was very dirty, switched from atty to tank, still get atomizer short then don't abuse protects. It's the wife's, when she wakes up and can't vape, oh boy! Lol. Just don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advance! Also I'm not sure if I posted in the proper spot. If not plz advise me where to plz. Thanks

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've read other posts and I am still lost. Tried cleaning 510 pin with alcohol, it was very dirty, switched from atty to tank, still get atomizer short then don't abuse protects. It's the wife's, when she wakes up and can't vape, oh boy! Lol. Just don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advance! Also I'm not sure if I posted in the proper spot. If not plz advise me where to plz. Thanks
What tank and mod are you using? Some mods have a hard time reading tanks. Such as wismec or Joyetech. Sometimes a tank and don't play nice with each other.

Vapeuser2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank and mod are you using? Some mods have a hard time reading tanks. Such as wismec or Joyetech. Sometimes a tank and don't play nice with each other.
It's the same ones she's been using. I guess i should have said this problem popped up after it hit the floor. It's an aspire tank or a dual coil motofo/ Lush. I noticed in the menu it is set in single coil mode. Not sure why, guess i should change it but I'm not real familiar with what to do and not to do.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So neither the aspire tank or the Wotofo Lush works?
It could be the mod. Was it the mod that got dropped?
Hopefully it's just a jammed 510 pin on the mod. Take the batteries out of the mod. Take a small screwdriver (or similar) and push down on the 510 pin on the mod. Wiggle the screwdriver around to try and loosen the 510 pin. There should be some vertical travel on the 510 pin.

What mod is it?

Vapeuser2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Koopor mod. Yes the mod slid off a trunk lid, hit the ground, concrete!. No, neither the tank or atty works, you can see the watts start up then it goes to short atomizer, then fire it again and don't abuse protects comes up. The pin was very very gummed up. I'll do the screwdriver thing now and get back. Thanks

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If budget allows, get her a new mod. Ditto on 510 advice. Worked for me once. Best of luck.

Vapeuser2000

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there a small o ring on 510? Looks like it. It was filthy so I'm thinking some juice may have gotten past it. Gummed it up it does have vertical travel but not much. No wiggle at all. Thanks. New one is probably not an option at this point till next month.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Do you know anyone who will lend her a mod? Check out local shop. Sometimes they can help out.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clean what you can. Use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on the 510 for both the mod and the tanks. If the 510 on the mod does move a little up and down than it's not a sticky 510.

With the drop, the wiring to the 510 pin could have gotten damaged. Or the actual 510 on the mod. At that point you would need to disassemble the mod to see what's broken. Not recommended unless you have experience with repairing small electrical components. You could ask a local vape shop for help.

Wish you luck. All the best
d33d0b84fa5d01dbe4eb2fb29327a026.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is a bummer it would be a good time to have a back up mod for emergency situations , if I got up and my Mod was broke I would be so mad get your wife a vase with some flowers.....Can you borrow a mod from someone close by ??

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Hi all.I have the same problem (Alien VB on 1.0.3),but i get this popups when my batteries discharge to 50%.Tryed everything possible (really everything,reseting the device,upgrading,downgrading,checking batteries,checking coils,checking 510 connection on the mod and str.).Batteries are new,merried from the day 1.I have 7 sets of married batteryes,multipple mods to test them in (Voopoo Drag,Lost Vape Therion,Smoant Battlestar,Another alien,Smoant Charon 218 TC),and 2x nitecore d2 external chargers.I never use my mod to charge batteries since i have a fresh pair (or two)ready.So everything is working just like it should until it drops to 50%.First few times it says "Dont abuse protection" and "atomizer short",but then when i fire it acts like its firing...but its actualy not...I tried lowering the power,increasing power,TC Ni,TC SS,diferent atomizers,diferent resistances...no diference...Every time i hit the fire button it starts to change parameters on screen and after 1 sec it freezes...Nothing is firing the coil,its north pole cold...So,when i put charged batteries in,it works like a charm,until that 50% mark...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi all.I have the same problem (Alien VB on 1.0.3),but i get this popups when my batteries discharge to 50%.Tryed everything possible (really everything,reseting the device,upgrading,downgrading,checking batteries,checking coils,checking 510 connection on the mod and str.).Batteries are new,merried from the day 1.I have 7 sets of married batteryes,multipple mods to test them in (Voopoo Drag,Lost Vape Therion,Smoant Battlestar,Another alien,Smoant Charon 218 TC),and 2x nitecore d2 external chargers.I never use my mod to charge batteries since i have a fresh pair (or two)ready.So everything is working just like it should until it drops to 50%.First few times it says "Dont abuse protection" and "atomizer short",but then when i fire it acts like its firing...but its actualy not...I tried lowering the power,increasing power,TC Ni,TC SS,diferent atomizers,diferent resistances...no diference...Every time i hit the fire button it starts to change parameters on screen and after 1 sec it freezes...Nothing is firing the coil,its north pole cold...So,when i put charged batteries in,it works like a charm,until that 50% mark...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Sorry to be replying to your post with a question rather than your answer. I am having the same issue with my Smok Cloud Beast tank. Did you happen to get your problem fixed? If so... Do you mind sharing what I need to do to get mine fixed as well. Thank you in advance.

This un-blows. Having the same problem with the same mod. Dropped mine from a EMS truck, and now nothing. Thanks for the tips though.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Folks my Smok GX350 has done that what I found on mine was I was firing and it was draining the batteries fast yes 4 of them and this warning popped up, also if you build your own coils for Sub Ohm and you have them built to low or high in Ohms this warning comes on, what I was doing was trying to push the Mod were it should not go I did have good batteries and a great tank , I build my builds higher and problem solved. In my case I was new to building after 8 years of vaping I decided to learn so I'm glad the system warned me and would not fire. I hope this helps but as we know Safety is a good thing. Another Issue I have a few BattleStars and I have noticed they drain my batteries just sitting and not being used, I go to fire up a subtank and it won't work, I love my Battlestar. I now pull the batteries if they are to sit for a day . You have some great mods so I hope they all start behaving.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors