Become a Patron!

Atkins here

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. Glad to find something like this here since, vaping and Atkins at a way of life for me. A little about me... I'm in my fourties and was overweight all my life. I had tried Atkins years ago and it seemed to work. But at the time, low-carb options were a bit on the dismal side, so I fell off the wagon. Fast forward about 20 years. My breaking point was when I finally decided to get on the scale after a long time. At 200 pounds, I said Heck No!(edited for forum use) I went back to Atkins, lost 70+# in 6 months and kept it off for over 3 years now. One of the main reasons I started vaping was to help keep the weight off after I quit smoking. And I won't clutter up this forum, so all recipes,advice, or discussions will remain here. Looking forward to it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on 2 fronts, the weight loss and quitting the smokes!!! We are glad to have you here and welcome!!
In our adult forum it's ok to swear...LOL. Enjoy your stay here with us and vape on!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I hope so. But I do love my ECF family. They helped me learn so much. I plan to spend equal time here.

Back on topic...
Since there is nothing else on the docket, a recipe. A super quick breakfast treat.
Low Carb Cinnabon
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 packet Splenda
Cinnamon to taste
7 or 8 pecan halves

Stir it up, and you're done. About 5 net carbs

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have a sub forum all about diets, hang on I'll grab a link for you.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I thought low carb specific diets had to go here.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had too many problems with the Atkins diets. But, when I've lost weight, I was on a hard bodybuilding workout. Atkins works well for people that aren't into hard workouts, because carbs are very important to your body. After I broke my back I went from a 320lb bodybuilder to a 300lb fat ass. Tried a lot of stuff before I said screw it and just started slamming weights around. Dropped to under 200lbs in 7 months, with zero cardio. Put 60lbs of muscle back on then had to lose it to race motorcycles. That was when the cardio went insane. 25 mile run to the mma gym, an hour of weights, 4 hours of sparring and tearing up punching bags then 25 miles home. I had no life but I had bad ass abs.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, one, I'm a girl:) so that kind of weight is a no go. I do eat carbs, I just manage them very well. I eat real food, no processed, prepackaged or take-out. NO HFCS! You'd be suprised how much added sugar they put in stuff. Only a very few small exceptions to that. I still get to eat all the stuff I like. I just need to tweak things here and there.

VU Sponsors