Become a Patron!

Athena Squonker

Hey guys, I wanna get the Athena Squonker as my first squonking device and I've been watching some reviews and also reading a fair amount about Ohm's law and battery safety and squonking in general.
Now what I don't understand is, in the articles I've read, you should not vape at 0.1 cause you're gonna achieve 38 or some Amps and high volt numbers and the reviewers have some fancy 0.1/0.12 build on the Athena BF and I wonder, is that not *dangerous*? If not should I make builds like that and vape on them daily? If so how do I do it?

Thanks in advance :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running builds the exceed your batteries CDR is dangerous. Some people do it with the thought that their vaping isn't continuous... it's a pulse.

I still recommend staying under the CDR...
0738d2891e9e56b1ac4d72858bd76b53.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

snowbeast

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your build needs to match your battery.
I run a 0.15 to 0.17 on my vtc5a's as they are rated 30amp max discharge. On a 25amp max discharge you need to stay above 0.18ohm.

Don't do something unsafe just cos reviewers do it.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your build needs to match your battery.
I run a 0.15 to 0.17 on my vtc5a's as they are rated 30amp max discharge. On a 25amp max discharge you need to stay above 0.18ohm.

Don't do something unsafe just cos reviewers do it.
Mooch has rated the VTC5a at 25amp CDR

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In fairness, Vape Tool Pro does list the CDR as 25 A. The Max Vaping Current (a number Mooch used to provide) is 30 A. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I want to buy a taller drip tip for my Athena RDA.

The stock drip tip has a staggered plug, so I imagine generic 810 drip tips will not fit very well.

Is there another better known RDA that uses the same drip tip style so I know what to look for?
b902545ecff3f672a7b8f7c9d20d79ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors