Become a Patron!

At last!

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, there's a lot to say but I won't ramble. Let's just say I've smoked way more for waaaaaay longer then I should have and I've been lucky so far but I know that won't last forever. Twenty four years ago my father died of lung cancer. He was the age that I am now! :question: Yeah. That and the nasty, hacking cough and unpleasant wheeze I developed when I sleep kind of tells me now is the time while I still got time.

So I've listened to all the hype about the e.cigs and watched people walking past in clouds of smoke while vaping with a half hearted interest. I tried quitting cold turkey. :headbang: Went that route because I was told that to inhale anything----especially anything with nicotine is just 'smoking' no matter what and/or reinforcing the 'smoking' behavior and you'll be right back to smoking regular cigarettes. Gee....no wonder I couldn't quit for more than a day and a half at the most. When I started back up I went past smoking a pack a day up to smoking a pack and a half instead. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patches) helped me cut back but I couldn't stop. This went on for years.

"Well, there's gotta' be something better then this!" I thought in despair one rainy day. I was sitting on my front patio having a smoke and watching the rain drops beat against my favorite cacti when my elderly neighbor came outside trailing a cloud of smoke* like a mighty dragon. I heard him laugh and as he waved his vape pen in the air, he said to me, " I smoked 40 years. I Haven't touch a cigarette or spent a penny on those damn things since the day I got this". I watched him take another deep drag and exhale satisfied. Too cool.

O.K. :idea: Did some quick reading and some fast research and made a buy. I'm 2 days into using my Vaportech Verve Sub-Ohm bottom vertical coil vapor pen. I'm not the most tech savvy and I know this isn't the newest out there but hey, all I can say is it is a good start up vape pen and I'm loving it. :inlove:. I'm sure as I hang here and read and learn more my tastes may change or evolve and I may get a bit more sophisticated. But for now I'm happy and I like the weight and feel of this in my hand and the amount of smoke* it produces.

Yes, still have smokes left because I bought them at the same time while I was in the smoke shop buying the vape pen. The funny thing is it has been 2 days. Normally I smoke a pack a day. It is now day 2 and I just finished that first pack of smokes and haven't opened the second. I'm actually happier using the vape pen. Hmmm.........at this rate it may not take me long to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes at all. :banana:At last! Something that works!

I am so grateful for this product and for what it can do. Too bad it wasn't available a decade or two ago. I am also grateful for the support and help you guys are giving newbies who join and for your efforts in trying to educated the general public.

My other interests include my husband. I can honestly say I married my best friend and love of my life and we try to do as much together as we can.<3
Other interests are: hiking, cooking, reading, painting, tending to my cacti, aloes and agave garden and spending time with my adopted retired racing Greyhound named Zoe.

*I have since learned it is 'vapor' NOT smoke.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Glad you found something that works for you, your body will love you for it. Before the vape Nazis get on you, calling it smoke is frond upon here because it's vapor not smoke. Anyway keep it up and soon it'll be 0 cigs a day and no more stink. Good luck and glad you found our little community.

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AG50 (Is it o.k. I abbreviated?)
Honestly did not mean to offend. Thank you for correcting me! That's how I learn.
Beaucoup thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I can do it!

:cheers: Cheers to you both for the positive encouragement and warm welcome. Much appreciated.
CC

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
AG50 (Is it o.k. I abbreviated?)
Honestly did not mean to offend. Thank you for correcting me! That's how I learn.
Beaucoup thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, I can do it!

:cheers: Cheers to you both for the positive encouragement and warm welcome. Much appreciated.
CC
No offense, I figured I'd let you know before some of the not so nice members jumped on a post you made. I hope I didn't come off as nasty but I've seen some folks getting nasty correcting folks who call it smoke, I hoped to spare you that abuse.

Abbreviations are cool but some of us (me) are clueless about some of the meanings. (I don't text....so...clueless.) There's very few rules here it's kind of a self correcting forum. Again welcome and enjoy your self.:vino:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on taking your first steps & welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here is very helpful (though, some questions have multiple right answers depending on the person, so keep that in mind when you get 50 different answers on something, lol). Glad to have you here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hanson

Member For 4 Years
Well, there's a lot to say but I won't ramble. Let's just say I've smoked way more for waaaaaay longer then I should have and I've been lucky so far but I know that won't last forever. Twenty four years ago my father died of lung cancer. He was the age that I am now! :question: Yeah. That and the nasty, hacking cough and unpleasant wheeze I developed when I sleep kind of tells me now is the time while I still got time.

So I've listened to all the hype about the e.cigs and watched people walking past in clouds of smoke while vaping with a half hearted interest. I tried quitting cold turkey. :headbang: Went that route because I was told that to inhale anything----especially anything with nicotine is just 'smoking' no matter what and/or reinforcing the 'smoking' behavior and you'll be right back to smoking regular cigarettes. Gee....no wonder I couldn't quit for more than a day and a half at the most. When I started back up I went past smoking a pack a day up to smoking a pack and a half instead. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patches) helped me cut back but I couldn't stop. This went on for years.

"Well, there's gotta' be something better then this!" I thought in despair one rainy day. I was sitting on my front patio having a smoke and watching the rain drops beat against my favorite cacti when my elderly neighbor came outside trailing a cloud of smoke* like a mighty dragon. I heard him laugh and as he waved his vape pen in the air, he said to me, " I smoked 40 years. I Haven't touch a cigarette or spent a penny on those damn things since the day I got this". I watched him take another deep drag and exhale satisfied. Too cool.

O.K. :idea: Did some quick reading and some fast research and made a buy. I'm 2 days into using my Vaportech Verve Sub-Ohm bottom vertical coil vapor pen. I'm not the most tech savvy and I know this isn't the newest out there but hey, all I can say is it is a good start up vape pen and I'm loving it. :inlove:. I'm sure as I hang here and read and learn more my tastes may change or evolve and I may get a bit more sophisticated. But for now I'm happy and I like the weight and feel of this in my hand and the amount of smoke* it produces.

Yes, still have smokes left because I bought them at the same time while I was in the smoke shop buying the vape pen. The funny thing is it has been 2 days. Normally I smoke a pack a day. It is now day 2 and I just finished that first pack of smokes and haven't opened the second. I'm actually happier using the vape pen. Hmmm.........at this rate it may not take me long to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes at all. :banana:At last! Something that works!

I am so grateful for this product and for what it can do. Too bad it wasn't available a decade or two ago. I am also grateful for the support and help you guys are giving newbies who join and for your efforts in trying to educated the general public.

My other interests include my husband. I can honestly say I married my best friend and love of my life and we try to do as much together as we can.<3
Other interests are: hiking, cooking, reading, painting, tending to my cacti, aloes and agave garden and spending time with my adopted retired racing Greyhound named Zoe.

*I have since learned it is 'vapor' NOT smoke.

26f7e5e2c41e1ec37728f4bd920e2201.jpg

Brand new still sealed last year batch I got during my visit to US. No desire whatsoever eversince started vaping. Human evolves hang in thr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
AG50
Whaaaa???? You guys got some not so nice members?:devil:
Nah! Impossible.

I think, sadly, we've all had experiences with said types of people and know what 'they' can be like so thank you very much for the heads up. And nope, no offense taken at the corrections. I appreciate all the help. Anything that spares me pain, grief or embarrassment is welcome. Now if you could just come over and follow me around all day. :p Sounds like we got a lot in common. I don't text either (insert old person joke here) and know very few abbreviations.

I have to pick a day and just sit and read the vocabulary page and the Help section so I can learn the ins and outs of navigating here technically. I wanna ticker! Love yours. So cool. Also would like to be able to post pics, etc. Tried said my something odd about too many photos in my file. I'll have my husband help me. He's more good-er at computer things I am. :rolleyes:

Hanson...................Rock on! That is just so awesome. :confetti::vino: Oh, love your vape pen. So chic and stylish! How could you not love using that and showing it off as opposed to huffing on a tobacco ciggie?

Others.......... thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Is anyone else in their first few days of quitting? Aside from the 'start here' forums does anyone have a favorite they suggest I start with or they started with when learning?
Have a great day all.
CC

VU Sponsors