Become a Patron!

Aspire Spryte Review – Experience over Aesthetics

Quick Brief

I went to my local vape shop the other day for a browse and had a chat with the owner, he told me that his best selling device is the Spryte kit. While I had never tried this device, I thought it would be fitting to buy it and give it a review and see what all the local ‘hype’ was about.

Quick Technical

- Pod style system (Refillable 2ml)

- MTL Vaping

- A choice of Changeable 1.2 Ohm (Nic Salts) or 1.8 Ohm Coils

- 650mAh Battery

Quick Review

As the brief says, I bought this on a whim to see why this was the best selling device in my area. It cost me around €30 all said and done with coils.

Right out of the gate, I have to say I am not a fan of the design at all. It’s a strange shape and feels quite cheap and a bit too plastic for my liking. That said though, this small MTL vape delivers a mighty fine experience.

It has a compact pod design that slides in and out of the battery, which also houses the removable coil as well. I do like the fact that you can change the coil, it seems less wasteful than having to throw out the entire pod when the coil eventually goes bad.

Refilling the pod isn’t the easiest thing in the world as the rubber plunger can be finicky to get in and out, especially after you’ve filled the tank and it’s bubbled out, which is a minor annoyance but a negative for me none-the-less.

I do however, absolutely love the vape this little devices gives me. I’ve been using it a week now and I haven’t put it down. I’ve been using anywhere between a 3MG max-VG liquid and a 20mg Salt nic on the 1.2 Ohm coil and it’s kept up, even when chain vaping.

The Spryte provides a nice clean warm vape with a decent flavor throughout. I haven’t been able to get this tank to dry-hit at all, even when I was trying to push the limits. Moreover, the battery seems to last a fairly long time and I can go half a day without having to charge it under heavy use.

I don’t have many gripes about this device that would put me off it other than the extremely bright LED on the front. When I’m charging this device at night, I find it to be awfully distracting in the bed room and end up having to wrap it in a sock to hide the light. If there was an option for a stealth mode, it would be fantastic.

Pros

- Refillable 2ml pods

- Changeable 1.2 or 1.8 Ohm coils

- Fairly good battery life from the 650mAh design

- Very rich and dense cloud vapor from the MTL hit

- Mouth piece similar in size to the Juul

Cons

- Pod can be difficult to remove from base

- Bubbles and leaks from fill port if you’re not careful

- The LED is as bright as the sun

- Cheap plastic feel and odd shape

Conclusion

Personally I really like the MTL draw on this device. It doesn’t have the same design feel as a Caliburn or Nord but the MTL for me is much more satisfying. It’s interesting to me that this device has been around since 2018 and can still compete against the prior mentioned pod devices that are just now coming out.

I have been using this device on the daily for the last week and will continue to do so. Under heavy use, the coil seems to wick fine with every juice and doesn’t really have any issues that would be a no-go for me.

If you’re looking for a device that has a rich MTL vape that isn’t as restricted as the Caliburn but not as airy as the Nord, the Spryte sits right in the middle. Coupled with the fact that you can change the coil and it has a slightly better design than the Caliburn, I think this is an all-around good little device.

Quick Score

7.5/10 (If the aesthetics matched the experience, it would be a solid 9)

Quick Disclaimer

I bought this device with my own money, it was not provided as a sample and as such I am completely unbiased. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

Want a device/kit to be reviewed? Send me a PM and I’ll do my best to get it for the purposes of a review!

VU Sponsors