Become a Patron!

aspire nautilus x spitting / gurgling issue when refilling

Hey guys,

Im fairly new to vaping so honestly might just be doing something really stoooopid and not realising.

However been using my nautilus x for a few weeks... its fine (apart from the non standard drip tip that i cant fit anything else in... so annoying) except when it comes to refill. Whenever i refill without fail it will start turning into an angry beast. This doesnt matter if ive dumped out the previous tank, cleaned it etc then started fresh or just topped it up with new e liquid. Tried it with both 1.5 and 1.8 ohm coils.

It will ALWAYS spit scalding hot juice for the first few drags after. And quite often will start gurgling and lose vapour production for quite a while until i keep dragging at it (enduring a burnt tongue)

Is this tank just shit? All the online reviews seemed to suggest this was the perfect tank for a beginner MTL vaper like me?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You may be getting juice down the center air intake,when filling it, sounds like that could be what is happening if it stops after a while, many folks like that tank, I have not tried that one.
Welcome to VU:wave:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since you said it happens when topping it off too, have you tried filling it to 7/8 or so rather than all the way? Thinking aloud, does the tank need some air space to pressurize.... some top fill tanks do.

Also use a q tip in base, see if juice is getting past the coil. Maybe also too much juice in the wick. Too little, the other extreme, could cause dry or burnt hit.

Anyone that has this tank, are there any o-rings that could be missing or out of place?

VU Sponsors