Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus constantly flooding

D

Donald Bickers

My Nautilus was leaking like grandpa's Depends and I was thinking the same thing J Harper was crying about. Then I pulled my tampon out and tightened the coil, the tank, the post, and the top. I mean really tighten it to where I thought it would break or wouldn't open. It stopped leaking.
That said, I started vaping a month ago and have gone through a lot of crap in a short time. There is so much shit out there. It consumes a lot of time and money just finding whats right for you. Most juice sucks and cost as much as cigs- make your own. Smoking was much easier except for the wheezing, cancer, death and smelling like dumpster.
Just a word for the noobs, research, research, and that negative pressure doesn't mean shit if don't tighten you tank like a gorilla.
you know ive been vaping over 2 yrs exclusively,,and let me say,,,the shit these vendors claim ,,half of it don't mean shit,anything with parts is gonna give you problems,you just kinda have to work through it,,,if your not really serious about converting 100% from smoking to vaping,you will never accomplish it,

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping exclusively for almost a year after smoking for 40 years. I knew from the first puff of a throw-away ecig that this would work....BUT I went through all sorts of setups before finally finding the thing that worked for me. Like you, I found every tank to be a nightmare (user error for sure), so I ended up in Reoville. I found it much easier to build a simple coil than to get most tanks working LOL As it happens I now have a couple of Nautilus tanks that work fine. But I did have to get a new pin from Aspire, because the one I had turned into a pile of rust (the spring).

So, if you really are interested in giving up smoking, you can make this work. If not, then maybe later on.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you F'ing serious?

Let me get this straight. I bought the thing, yeah it's friggin authentic (the fact we even have to worry about that shows a certain level of ridiculousness), I follow the instructions as written by the Chinese, ya know.. that broken half engrish stuff, and you blame me for not "researching" enough?

What in the hell do you think I was doing when I found this post, asshat? I didn't start it. And then you say I should check my two week old O Rings.. what is this, the friggin Challenger? No I shouldn't have to check my "o-rings", what kind of nerd am I?? I technically SHOULD buy it, and it should technically WORK, out of the box, for more than 2 weeks. I SHOULD shove these o-rings up someone's ass - cause it's bullshit, and that's my point.

I shouldn't have to flip over any o-rings, I shouldn't have to be told I need to read more on the internet from fumbledorks like you who explain nothing. What I SHOULD do is stop wasting my money on crappy products, grow a garden, down with Monsanto, and live my life.

I've done enough research.. you know what my research consists of??.... using these stupid products... and from my research, I can tell you, they mostly suck (and not in the way intended, apparently I'm just bad at it...)

I for one would like to hear you explain your problems, and how you fixed them with your protank 2's. I have 4 of them, and they all cause a problem. So much so, that I bought an aerotank mega, which sucked, and then I bought the Aspire Nautilus, which consequently.... also sucks.. guess I'm a bad researcher, o-ring flipper, china supporter.. dam.. how will I get my nicotine now??

I KNOW!

I WON'T.

Krass out.

Ejuice makes for a good anal lube. I suggest you get your nicotine that way.

J Harper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have certainly noticed that some juices do way worse than the others. Some just REALLY suck in all respects and go straight in the garbage.

Lemme do some of that research here - so let me ask... if juice is ending up IN side my coil (and under it, and in the center tube) where exactly is it leaking through?

J Harper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dIR9ravWuMAr6.gif

D

Donald Bickers

I have certainly noticed that some juices do way worse than the others. Some just REALLY suck in all respects and go straight in the garbage.

Lemme do some of that research here - so let me ask... if juice is ending up IN side my coil (and under it, and in the center tube) where exactly is it leaking through?
what tank are you using,,,im in no way an expert ,but I have been vaping exclusively for over 2 yrs,and lord knows ive gone through some hardware

D

Donald Bickers

ok,iguess that was a dumb question ,,,,DUH,,,this is a nautilus thread

D

Donald Bickers

are you using BVC or BDC

Angie124

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had 4 weeks of flooding and gurgling with my mini nautilus. Finally I've got the hang of it. Always largest hole never run under 4.5 volts. And the first sign of a gurgle I fire and blow lightly down drip tip until a stream of vaper comes out th air holes. Or take drip tip of and flick hard downwards till juice flys out. I'm now loving it.

D

Donald Bickers

I havnt had real good luck with the BVC,i don't personally use them but the olady does,she uses 2 tanks in rotation,and when I fill them I blow the coil out in a paper towel,and store it upside down till she uses it,,,,,now I know that's no fix and probably not what you wanted to hear,but as I said in a previous post ,,,,you just have to work through things sometimes,,,,now as far as getting juice in the tube it sounds like you may be overfilling a little bit,,,when you fill you don't want any liquid in the middle tube,and is the coil screwed down real tight
probably no help ,,,just some sugestions

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
K boys here's a pro tip from a 17 day vape veteran. If your tank leaks or gurgles alls you gotta do is take the tank off of your battery, take the drip tip off, cover the drip tip hole with a paper towel or anything of the like, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Profit. Happy vaping. I got my first naut mini today in the mail, paid 22 bucks for it and it has worked amazing all day. 1 leak and i fixed it instantly using my method above. Alls it takes is 1 drop of e liquid in the chimney to create an annoying gurgle, just SHAKE that shit out!

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is an interesting video on the subject, this guy says to close the air holes when filling, I have not tried this to the best of my knowledge and will test his theory this weekend.

It just started with me...after a good clean and putting back like the video showed...It stopped:)

I had major gurgling on my genuine Nauti Mini until I changed my juice. I was using 50/50 PG/VG or 80/20 or 70/30 (1.6ohm, 12w, biggest hole) and it gurgled like a bastard. I then tried some 30/70 UK made juice from JAC Vapour and now it's fine. I have noticed that 50/50 can have pretty much the same viscosity as 80/20 so I think the thickness really depends on the company and their method. JAC's UK made VGs are quite thick and perfect for this tank.

Ive had the same damn problem with this tank it acts real funny at times and i know there must be something im doing wrong. at one time I filled it and it was working perfectly then after about 10 to 15 hits it flooded so i blew into it and alot of fluid came out the airflow hole it gurgled a couples times then started working perfectly again for awhile then for no reason it flooded again Ishook it and swore at it alot wiped off all the juice that came out of the airflow hole and it gurgled and gurgled then it started working perfectly after messing with this thing for a long time i gave up and started using a eroll i had for awhile. i realized with my eroll it worked alot better if i didnt suck to hard (was trying to avoid the suck word sorry) Ive just been smoking so long that im used to being able to draw on a analog cig any way i want and it works but with and e-cig ya have to draw slow or the coils just cant keep up even if ya have a ton of power it wont matter ya have to draw slow to give the liquid time to vaporize, I know it sounds dumb but it fixed the problem for me, I tried increasing the voltage amperage ect but it just made the coils burn out quicker, Im just convinced now that there is a technique to vaping that takes awhile to learn and if your a smoker you have a habit of doing things a certain way and its real easy to try and apply those techniques to vaping, just try slowing down your draw and dont take short quick hits like ya would a cig, that huge amount of vacuum i think is what was flooding me out all the time anyway just a thought and something for ya to try, good luck

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never bought a Nautilus mini, but I bought two of the big ones and I fought with one like a bitch....it would be fine for one day (BDC original coils) and then if I let it sit with any amount of juice in it overnight it would flood the coils and if I turned the volts above 4 it seems like they would cook instantly....i was using thin juice in them like 70/30 and 50/50 too...I am starting to wonder if Aspire is making their new stuff for thicker juices especially with the Atlantis tank because it seems like they are trying to complete with RDA/RTA's and that's their train of thought. I say this because there is one constant in all clearomizers. They are all pressure/gravity fed if they are a bottom coil design and the slightest flaw in the system can ruin everything. I haven't tried the new BVC coils, I am afraid of having problems and regretting them...but I had a thought when everyone was talking about the o-rings being flipped...

Last year when protanks were the big thing I got my first protank 2 when they came out and was super excited (I know it's Kanger, but I have a point.) I filled the bitch up and the coil instantly burned on me to my dissapointment....so I took several dry hits and then flooded it and then burned and ruined the coil and went threw several coils with the same results....so I thought I got a bad batch of coils so I tried another five pack with the same results....pissed off that a coil I would try in my protank one would instantly burn out when I would switch it into my protank 2. I tried everything, I replaced the base, the glass, and all of the O-rings and all had no effect on solving the problem. I bought another one from a different store and it worked just fine so the first one collected dust for awhile till one day I decided to try it again....that time I just happened to luckily hold it just right and noticed the center post (which is just press fitted,) was pressed in slightly crooked. I ordered a new top cap and threw that one away and screwed it into all the other original parts of the tank and suddenly all was fine...the system had an imbalance and therefore couldn't work right...you said you've bought five tanks...if you got them all from the same place they might have an imperfection from the same batch...Aspire cranks out millions of these things and has already admitted to putting the o-rings on upside down....the bell could be cut a thousandth of a mm to short, the post slightly tweaked, at the amount of production of these things it's possible with a batch to go out the door with tiny screw up's unnoticed....after all...how many bad coils have we all had to vape threw to get a good one? just a thought

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have been one of the lucky ones to get some from a good batch. lol.
Been using 3 full size Nautiluses exclusively from mid Sept up until yesterday (got my Atlantis :D ) and have rarely had any issues with any of them after the first few days of getting used to them. Only had 2 BDCs go bad (one right after cleaning, damaged it when wiping it with a paper towel), and my first try at a BVC last week also failed (didn't prime it enough, burnt out the wick). To top it off, I also mostly use high-VG juice in them, which many people seem to be against with these tanks. I've even had my itaste SVD fall over several times causing the tank pieces to become crooked between the base and top. Just finished vaping them as normal then fixed them. Heck, last time it happened I almost needed to use pliers to get the coil off the chimney.

It's like a new car, you have to get used to it. It's not an analog that you can suck hard on to take a good hit, especially with the BDC coils. You need to suck slowly so you don't pull juice out of it, the BVC coils seem to be more tolerable of harder inhaling, but these still can't be treated like analogs. Same goes with blowing hard into the tip to get flooded juice out, if you blow hard into the tip, then you might push air into the tank and increase the pressure to much causing more flooding once enough juice seeps out to equalize the pressure (you wont notice it until enough seeps out 10-20 secs later), let the tank sit upside down for an hour or so on a paper towel and the flooded fluid will run out through the tip, plus it will allow the pressure in the tank to stabilize if it is too high or too low. IMO, the only time you should blow down into the tip hard is if you start getting dry hits. I get the occasional dry hit due to using high VG juice, but not often, I've gotten into the habit of blowing moderately (just one mouth full of air without blocking the airflow hole) into the tip to push air into the tank once in a while to help feed the thicker juice, it takes some practice to get the hang of how much pressure to use without using enough to cause flooding, but most things in life are like that.

If you have fluid in the tank and aren't using it for a bit (like overnight when your in bed), store the tank upside down. Since it is vacuum based, the slightest increase in pressure will cause fluid to leak out, I've even had it happen when coming inside after using it outside in the cold for as little as 10 mins. If stored tip down, then the pressure inside can freely change without fluid being pushed out of the coil.

Last edited:

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
December 05, 2014-0090.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I want to chime in that I am one of the lucky ones- I have been hitting on the nautilus mini for 3 weeks now without a single problem. This despite being new to vaping and changing flavors every day. When I change, I dry burn the coil at 11w and rinse, twice, no issues.

I have stored it upside down, sideways, right side up, and in my jeans on the floor, no gurgles or leaks.

I've used 70/30 pg/vg and 10/90 pg/vg with no issues in the tank. It hits like a beast, near cloud level. I decided to change the coil after two weeks just in case I was starting to lose flavor... no difference. I now swap the coils everytime I change flavors and rinse and dry the old one for use the next day.

I've never had any leaks, or juice come out of an airhole.

The only "problem" I had was when the tank was brand new, it was hard to unscrew the bottom from the glass. This is easily solved by making sure you get a little ejuice around the inside rim of the glass when filling! The "silicon?" needs a little lube for it to work properly- Aspire addresses this on it's site.

I'm curious what mods people were using when they had this problem. I use the Itaste MVP 2.0 without issue on all settings. You all seem to have tried everything, but have you tried using a different mod? I dunno *scratches head in bewilderment*... Just a suggestion from left field, maybe they are not supplying the power they are telling you they are?

Lest anyone think I'm some kind of Aspire only fanboi, you should know I'm only in this thread because mine works so great I would like to see you folks have the same experience... Today is my 4th day without an analog after 26 years at 2 packs per day, and it would not have been possible without this tank!

I'm a bit disappointed that this Nautilus problem appears to still be unresolved.. I really wanted to believe that the Nautilus with BVCs was the tank I've been searching for. Unfortunately I've become somewhat of a sceptic now because, like several other posters in this thread, I've found that most of the products I've tried to date have fallen well below expectations.

I was excited when I heard about the new Nautilus and checked out the reviews but this time I wisely decidedly Google "Nautilus mini leaking" BEFORE making my purchase. I was certainly shocked by the number of hits I found and it kind of turned my off the Nautilus for now.

Anyway I started looking at rebuildables thinking that this could be where the quality I'm looking for might be found (not sure I'm convinced that's the case yet). But anyway I came across an interesting tip for correcting leakage with the Russian 91% which I thought might also be relevant to the Nautilus. So here's the link to the video.

Soulvapes essentially describes another way to correct the negative pressure in the tank by inverting the tank then turning it upright again while holding the air hole - I guess this would allow the air at the bottom of the tank to slowly rise back up to the top and sit obove the liquid rather than being pushed out the airhole as the liquid flows down resulting in a vacuum to be formed at the top of the tank.

I'd be really interested to here back from the guys who might have tried this with the Nautilus to see if it works.

Sorry that's all I got, but as a side question I'd also really like to understand how lower pressure in the tank could cause the liquid come out anyway?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a theory that people are more inclined to voice their opinions when they are dissatisfied then when they are pleased.

That being said, and if it is true:
"I wisely decidedly Google "Nautilus mini leaking" BEFORE making my purchase. I was certainly shocked by the number of hits I found"
You may have found hundreds of hits from people complaining, but what about the thousands of people who were happy and just didn't post about it because they were busy enjoying it?

I guess you're right there. Sorry if I sounded judgmental, the truth is I still really want to get a Nautilus so I hope any perceived issues are actually easily rectified. Its just that I always get excited about a new product but then it's not long before I find myself googling forums to help solve problems. Most recently, leaking. My Triton started leaking out from under the metal thread ring near the mouthpiece which is really annoying. I wanted to upgrade anyway so in an effort to avoid disappointment I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any major issues first.

Though I did notice that nearly all the complaints about the Nautilus leaking talked about the air holes which surprised me. I like idea of the threaded glass tank and I was really seeing if there was any problem with that part rather than the air holes. I wonder if the air hole problem is simply a feature of bottom coil tanks in which case there might be some merit in dealing with the pressure to easily fix that, though I really don't understand it yet.

I'm also starting to wonder if vaping will ever really be as trouble-free as I keep believing it might be. I suppose if I really want to vape full time Il'l just have to get used to the fact that because I'm dealing with liquid there's always going to be some level of drips, spills and leaks..

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Chuckosaurus...I don't know if there will ever be a "trouble free" tank....I know many of us vapors consider tinkering as part of the hobby....and are also frustraited by having to tinker in the first place.....for all the complaints you might read about the Nautilus there are so many more good reviews gone unwritten. Vaping has come so far in such a short time and is so much better than even when I started 15 months ago its easy to forget the first clearo's and the top coil and the wicking/shorting issues they had and how when the protank came out with a bottom coil design with the intention of eliminating dry hits and solve wicking issues it was revolutionary at the time. I used Vivi Nova and T2 tanks and then I got a T3 and it sucked at first...but the T3s and the protank and the Evod were way better it didn't take long before the Vivi Nova was old news and everything was bottom coil....same thing happened with the Kayfun came along and all of a sudden Geni tanks were having to step up their game. Every bottom coil tank works on a vacuum pressure system...every one draws off their tanks differently, uses different pg/vg ratios, fills at different levels of liquid in the tank still, and no two coils are equal I don't care what you say. Every tank has a little learning curve (even the "fill and vape") tanks...you may be able to take really hard draws on tank "A", and really soft draws on tank "B"....tank "A"'s coils might be able to go up to 20 watts, while tank "B"s coils might only handle 15.

Quitting smoking is hard, and switching to vaping isn't easy...but I feel it's totally worth it. As long as you find a tank that works for you is all the matters....hell, I rebuild the heads but I still use a protank 2 with an areotank airflow control base on it at work all the time. I use my Kayfun lite plus V2 as well but I work outside a lot and would rather use cheap stuff than risk my nice tanks....all that matters is you find something that works for you and makes you happy....even if it is not the newest, shiniest thing. IMHO of course

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree with madmonkey! "As long as you find a tank that works for you is all the matters...."

I just love my Nauti min and wanted to share that experience with you.

*off on a tangent- ignore if you want***

Zaroba, it's not really a theory any longer, I think. It is a fact that "Americans tell an average of 9 people about good experiences, and tell 16(nearly two times more) people about poor experiences. Source- American Express Survey, 2011.

While no studies (that I could find) are directly about likelihood of customers to POST ONLINE, I would have to say the ratio of dissatisfied customers posting vs. satisfied is even lower. It takes more effort to post than just talking to your friend, and only someone with STRONG feelings will do it.

I always take negative reviews put out by individuals rather than full-time reviewers with a huge grain of salt because of these facts.

Interesting article here- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/y...e-than-positive-ones.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just going to put in my 2 cents. That's about what it's worth. lol. 1. Always store the tank upside down. Right side up can make it leak. 2. Watch the temp. If you're even storing it in your jeans pocket, your body heat is going to make the tank's air pressure increase and it will leak. 3. I always use the large air hole and draw straight into the lungs. When I started vaping, I would do it like I smoked, draw into the mouth, then inhale. This seems to make any tank leak. I have to say, temp is probably one of the most important things here, once that pressure builds in the tank, you're done son. This is all assuming that the hardware you have is in working order of course... Hope this helps.

Just my two cents, but I believe its the coils. The past few times I went to my B&M shop to buy coils I bought 5 packs. Of the first pack only 2 coils were use able. Reasons were varying from the draw was ridiculously tight because of how the cotton was packed in there to there not even being a hole in the negative post to allow air flow. Needless to say I took them back for a refund. It seems to me the coils are just a hit or miss.

Idk if it makes a difference but the problems all came from the BVC coils.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just my two cents, but I believe its the coils. The past few times I went to my B&M shop to buy coils I bought 5 packs. Of the first pack only 2 coils were use able. Reasons were varying from the draw was ridiculously tight because of how the cotton was packed in there to there not even being a hole in the negative post to allow air flow. Needless to say I took them back for a refund. It seems to me the coils are just a hit or miss.

Idk if it makes a difference but the problems all came from the BVC coils.

I honestly believe it doesn't make a difference but I agree with you at the same time...all coils are so mass produced that the QC seems to be completely hit and miss these days...back when all kanger's stuff was single coil the bottom coil tanks started out horrible...got good, then started to all be bad again, then got better, etc....I personally never had a kanger dual coil head that was worth a damn, and if I did get a good vaping one it died in like three days or less....When the Nautilus came out I was stoked and the first BDC coil head was good but then the 9 after than I tried all crapped out by the second day or as soon as I turned it up over 4 volts....so far I've been lucky with the BVC heads but I've only used three as I mainly use Kayfuns for tank use...but as more people are asking me about vaping in the real world I have been getting and playing with clearo's again because I don't want to tell someone something is good and it's crap or have them have problems and not know how to help them...but as I've said before....YMMV with all coil heads my friend. But what can vapor do? :)

Also...I'd like to say hi and welcome to you and @Kain279 to the VU! Pull up a chair and put your feet up, I think you'll find it quite nice and welcoming here!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two minis and one full-size. The minis are airtight when properly screwed together, but the full-size cannot be made airtight. I've tested both parts separately, and when they're apart each part can be sealed, but once put together there's an airleak somewhere. I can only think it's coming from a slightly loose AFC. As a result I never use the big tank, because it doesn't seal properly and it gurgles constantly. I've checked and it's not a clone, but it must be poorly manufactured.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there,

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section, but I have a problem with my Aspire Nautilus:

it keeps flooding all the time. After closing it up, I get about 3-4 clean drags before it starts gurgling and vapor production goes down to almost nothing. The vapor also starts to really burn in the back of the throat, and loses all the taste. I think its the place where the chimney meets the head, that's where the juice appears to be leaking in. I already bought new upper hardware which arrived just yesterday, and at first it seemed to have solved the issue, but now it's started again. When I shake the Nautilus, I seem to be able to shake tons of juice out the front end, everytime it starts gurgling again.

The only way I can get it to work is by screwing it down uncomfortably tight, so tight that I'm afraid I might strip the threads on the inside of the chimney, where it screws onto the head. I was already getting metal shavings in the juice with the old upper hardware.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, has anyone been able to solve it?
yes, mine lasted about a month before it started gurgling and leaking. Juice seeps out the air holes which I could deal with if I could still get decent pulls off it which I can't.

I got it from Fasttech - the genuine ("authentic") one. The same order contained an allegedly authentic ZMAX which doesn't work. So gutted, you guys!

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you using an apire coil or have you rebuilt one that you bought? I have had trouble with leaking after rebuilding mine and it was due to a shortage of cotton

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my Nautilus, but it does flood occasionally. The worst was when I moved the 510 connector piece down from the inside when cleaning the base. I was using a q tip to wipe the inside of the Nautilus base and pushed the pin down. Hooked everything up and it flooded like you are talking about. I shook excess juice from the base then blew into the base with a paper towel to catch the back spray. Cleaned out the coil flood by holding a paper towel over the two large holes at the base and blowing air and juice through the wicking holes. Put the coil back in and then gently pressed the 510 connector post to make a solid connection with the coil and no more flood. That 510 connector is supposed to be spring loaded I think but if it is, mine sticks.

All tanks flood sometimes I think and my Nautilus does sometimes. Sometimes the coil connection with the base isn't tight enough and it floods. Sometimes it just floods and you have to field dress it by blowing as described above. I think the coils flood when they need a cleaning. But these last things are measured in weeks, not drags. And I learned from the bad flood to avoid q tips and just use the shake and blow method.

I have gotten some great info in this thread. I've been just as frustrated as a few others as well. My nautilus mini has just started flooding, I've done the cleaning and just did the shakey shake. That seems to help. Still doesn't pull anything like it did when I first put in the coil.

Vaping isn't always easy, dealing with poor quality Chinese junk is frustrating. I buy from a local vape shop and pay more than buying id, but like supporting small business. So I paid $40 for my nautilus mini, $150 for my E-LVT mod. The E-LVT has its own issues, coupled with the nautilus problems and I put it down and didn't use it for half the day, chewed gum instead. Sometimes it just seems overly complicated. In such a booming industry u would think it would be a better experience, it's not like it just started its been around solid for a few years. Thanks for this great forum though, lots of good info and banter!

TheLOUDBEAR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there,

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section, but I have a problem with my Aspire Nautilus:

it keeps flooding all the time. After closing it up, I get about 3-4 clean drags before it starts gurgling and vapor production goes down to almost nothing. The vapor also starts to really burn in the back of the throat, and loses all the taste. I think its the place where the chimney meets the head, that's where the juice appears to be leaking in. I already bought new upper hardware which arrived just yesterday, and at first it seemed to have solved the issue, but now it's started again. When I shake the Nautilus, I seem to be able to shake tons of juice out the front end, everytime it starts gurgling again.

The only way I can get it to work is by screwing it down uncomfortably tight, so tight that I'm afraid I might strip the threads on the inside of the chimney, where it screws onto the head. I was already getting metal shavings in the juice with the old upper hardware.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, has anyone been able to solve it?

I haven't run into this issue with my Nautilus yet but I was having none stop clog and run with my Joyetech Delta19. To stop it I started removing my tank and tip and storing both upside down over night while I slept. This way the coil didn't over saturate while I wasn't using it. Some people have suggested storing it like this over night and doing a blow through the air holes for the first hit of the morning, pushing through all the access shit collected over night. Then flip back to normal, prime it once and start vaping.

Personally, I've found this works for Joyetech Delta19 and it hasn't clogged or dripped through the air holes in weeks.

For me a new could fixed the issue, been a few days now and no flooding issues. I just think the Chinese 3yr olds that put all this stuff together mess up....a lot.

Well, I came here to "research" and do my due diligence :p. Now i just want to go back to smoking :(. I've been vaping for over a yr and have not had a cig in 1yr2mo3wk2dys45sec but I'm not counting. LOL

I've had several brands and types of units = thousands of dollars and love my nauti (I have 4 tanks) even with the flooding and leaking probs. I find that the quality of the juice and the WV used plays a big part. I've noticed that temp plays a huge role when my tanks start leaking especially in the summer outside. A quick fix for it, cool it off in front of a fan, I use my AC if I'm driving. Most people I know say the Watt should be 10-11 and for a long time I kept mine there and I had severe leaking, now I keep it around 9 and seldom have probs (at least with leaking). Know your tank and how you hit it, don't be afraid to play the WV, just because one setting works for one person doesn't mean it will work the same for you. IMHO

My prob now is clogging, soaking doesn't seam to help and I've gone through several coils this last week.

I had the exact same problem. Turns out that the top o-ring, from the factory, was flipped the wrong way. The indented circles were facing down when the smooth side needed to be. Once I turned it around and cleaned everything, there was no more flooding. Sean from RBV opened a few new tanks he had and saw that they were in fact flipped the wrong way too. Must just be a mistake in the factory. Hope that helps
You saved me!! I disassembled my nautilus for cleaning and the silicon ring in the upper hardware came out. I hadn't realised that I'd put it back the wrong way round. Major leakage!! Now that I've flipped it round it's working perfectly again. Thanks.

typemgtst

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You saved me!! I disassembled my nautilus for cleaning and the silicon ring in the upper hardware came out. I hadn't realised that I'd put it back the wrong way round. Major leakage!! Now that I've flipped it round it's working perfectly again. Thanks.
Glad I could help!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I came here to "research" and do my due diligence :p. Now i just want to go back to smoking :(. I've been vaping for over a yr and have not had a cig in 1yr2mo3wk2dys45sec but I'm not counting. LOL

I've had several brands and types of units = thousands of dollars and love my nauti (I have 4 tanks) even with the flooding and leaking probs. I find that the quality of the juice and the WV used plays a big part. I've noticed that temp plays a huge role when my tanks start leaking especially in the summer outside. A quick fix for it, cool it off in front of a fan, I use my AC if I'm driving. Most people I know say the Watt should be 10-11 and for a long time I kept mine there and I had severe leaking, now I keep it around 9 and seldom have probs (at least with leaking). Know your tank and how you hit it, don't be afraid to play the WV, just because one setting works for one person doesn't mean it will work the same for you. IMHO

My prob now is clogging, soaking doesn't seam to help and I've gone through several coils this last week.

I couldn't agree with you more about temp playing a big part in on how your tank works....not only does the cold and hot kinda thicken and thin your juice as it gets hot and cold but also quick, drastic temp changes will affect the air pressure and the vacuum pressure in your tank causing it to not feed the coil well as it gets cold....then if you heat it up quickly after being in cold (especially near or below freezing temps all day) like by getting in your warm car after working outside all day like I do then the drastic temp change causes a rapid pressure change in your tank causing it to flood and leak out your air holes. Like I said, I learned that first hand last winter from working outside all day and then getting in my work truck or car and having it flood on me and make a mess in my pocket or on my car seat (do'h!) :confused:

As for your problem with clogging....if it's not a temp issue like I had with the liquid getting cold and "sludging up" for lack of a better word from the cold and the low pressure causing it to feed into the coil poorly resulting in dry hits that normally wouldn't occur at a warmer temperature could it be the juice itself helping clog up your coil? Darker juices and also juices that are sugary in nature like desert vapes (I have several different flavors of cinnamon rolls or danishes for example because I vape a lot of dessert vapes to help control my sweet tooth addiction as well as not smoke :) ) can wreak havoc on a coil and clog a wick much much faster than something like a citrus or fruit vape that is a much less sugary vape in general. It doesn't have to be a high VG juice to wick slower and thicker, sugary sweet vapes can almost be worse. Also, as I have said many times before.....factory coils are so massed produced that is sadly very easy to get an entire pack of bad coils that won't last....my experience with the original Nautilus BDC coils is a perfect example....out of the two that came with the tank and a 5 pack or spares I only had one last more than two days and the second I turned it above 4 volts it fried instantly making me think that the Nautilus was the biggest POS to hit the market. It wasn't till I got a pack of BVC coils several months later that I used my Nautilus because I rebuild one of the BDC heads and it vaped ok but it was too much of a pain compared to Kanger heads to not make it worth my time to use. But since I got a good pack of BVC heads (the first one I used lasted over three weeks,) I have been using my Nautilus as my backup for my Kayfun and sometimes instead of my Kayfun because I really like how they vape and even have started to build them myself making them that much better. I find that if you drip a drop of liquid into each of the juice intake holes on the sides of the coil assembly and directly into the wicking material around the top just like we used to prime cartomizers (since they basically are little cartos made for a big tank,) and pre saturate them that the wait time of waiting to use them after installing a new one is drastically reduced to a couple minutes tops and it helps extend the life of the coil by several days....but that's just my humble opinion.

I don't know if any of that is of any help but I hope it's something that might be. I am sorry you're having clogging problems, I know what a PITA it is and hope the best and it's just worse case a bad pack of coils :)

The information on this thread really helped. I just got my 2nd Nautilus and immediately after filling it, got 2-3 good hits on it, then it started gurgling/bubbling like crazy and the vapor reduced to next to nothing. The next thing I knew, I had e-liquid coming out of the vent hole. I read through the forum, and found several posts recommending checking the o-rings, installed at the source. Sure enough, the big o-ring at the bottom of the tank wasn't seated properly. So after a thorough cleaning, I used my fingernail to gently tuck the o-ring in around the base (gently), and refilled the tank. It works like a dream now. Once I've vaped out the existing liquid, I'm going to take the whole thing apart and check the upper o-ring, too, as recommended. One other note - this is my 2nd Nautilus from Aspire, as I dropped my first one (on carpeting!) and it shattered. I HIGHLY recommend getting the metal casing /protector for the tank - it's very delicate!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The information on this thread really helped. I just got my 2nd Nautilus and immediately after filling it, got 2-3 good hits on it, then it started gurgling/bubbling like crazy and the vapor reduced to next to nothing. The next thing I knew, I had e-liquid coming out of the vent hole. I read through the forum, and found several posts recommending checking the o-rings, installed at the source. Sure enough, the big o-ring at the bottom of the tank wasn't seated properly. So after a thorough cleaning, I used my fingernail to gently tuck the o-ring in around the base (gently), and refilled the tank. It works like a dream now. Once I've vaped out the existing liquid, I'm going to take the whole thing apart and check the upper o-ring, too, as recommended. One other note - this is my 2nd Nautilus from Aspire, as I dropped my first one (on carpeting!) and it shattered. I HIGHLY recommend getting the metal casing /protector for the tank - it's very delicate!

I completely agree that for borosilicate glass the tank is too thin and fragile for it's bubble shape. I overtightened my base one time and couldn't loosen it when the tank was low from the vacuum seal and ended up breaking the glass just trying to unscrew the damn thing....I have one of the ebay SS tanks from when the first came out and I finally tried it and it works like a dream, I might not be able to see my e-liquid level but if I just top it off every day I am good to go and it turned my nautilus into a tank! :)

So, Ive been vaping since November 2013, when I had my last cigarette. I made a conscious decision to switch strictly to vaping and not allow myself to "cheat" by continuing to smoke intermittently. Started with some cheapo crap battery and plastic tank I got from a kiosk in the mall. Over time, when I realized how much I was vaping, it was apparent to me I needed to get serious about this new habit and step up my game by getting some better equipment. First I purchased the Protank 2 and it was awesome! But I was using it on a vision spinner stick battery, with max volts of like 4.5. I was happy. Then, my local guy and my fav local shop convinced me to get the istick 20 as I was tired of constantly running out of battery life (because I vape constantly). I was so excited to try it! Boy was I disappointed! Every draw was burnt tasting! it was horrible! So I asked a friend who has the same set if he had that issue. He said yeah, and you have to use 2.5ohm coils with the protank with the istick. (which makes no sense bc the lower the ohm, the higher the voltage can be). Anyways, I'm an impatient person and couldnt find anyone with those coils locally (because they are all promoting the Aspire products). So I ordered a mini Nauti online. verified its authentic. And really didnt have any issues with it, other than I go tired of refilling several times a day. So I broke down in Feb and bought the full size Nautilus. WOW! It was amazing! What a difference from that crappy VS battery and plastic tank! (wait for it...) Until about a month ago. Started noticing the now infamous gurgling and liquid in the top. I would just shake it out and wipe it out with a q-tip or napkin and keep going. Until that didnt work anymore. I started taking it apart and noticed liquid in the bottom of the tank, under the coil. And it was also somehow making its way into the inner channel and up into my mouth (yuk! nasty) I started to just put in a new coil and that seemed to fix the problem. Until a few days went by. then it started the same shit again! DAMMIT! I have a full time job, single mother with two girls (one is a teenager), and a boyfriend (my man child). I do NOT have time to fuck around with this shit every damn day! Nor can I afford to lose all my juice on q-tips and napkins and waste coils! I thought I was gonna save some $ switching, boy was I wrong! Anyways, Im very impatient! So this weekend I was out of town in a rural area, with only 1-vape store nearby and it was 25mins away. I went there and got a new tank (the Kanger sub tank). it has the 1.2ohm coil. And its ok i guess, but it burns really hot and you have to lung hit it or it will burn the shit outta your throat! plus its a really small tank and i find im filling i almost every hour! and its loud too! I still wasnt ready to give up on my Nautilus just yet though, so I googled it. And thus, found myself here, reading these posts. Ugh! This sux! I cant believe something that can work so amazing sometimes can also be such a pain in the ass others! The only comfort I take in all this is I am not alone! At least I know its not just something I'm doing wrong. I have tried everything that I have read on here and other sites suggested to try and alleviate the problem. I just gave them both a good cleaning today and put them back together. The mini is working great, with an old coil i might add. (somewhere along the way i started keeping them, convinced there was just no way they were bad after 3-days). Havent filled the full size boy yet..i tried some cheap juice in it and it seemed ok for a few hits, but only time will tell!

Thank you to everyone for sharing all of your experiences and suggestions. It really helps people like me, who are too embarrassed to go into the store and ask for fear of looking like a dumbass! oh and BTW, Ive mentioned this problem to two different stores and neither of the people had heard of the issue! (yeah right! they just arent gonna admit it cuz then they couldnt sell them!)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, Ive been vaping since November 2013, when I had my last cigarette. I made a conscious decision to switch strictly to vaping and not allow myself to "cheat" by continuing to smoke intermittently. Started with some cheapo crap battery and plastic tank I got from a kiosk in the mall. Over time, when I realized how much I was vaping, it was apparent to me I needed to get serious about this new habit and step up my game by getting some better equipment. First I purchased the Protank 2 and it was awesome! But I was using it on a vision spinner stick battery, with max volts of like 4.5. I was happy. Then, my local guy and my fav local shop convinced me to get the istick 20 as I was tired of constantly running out of battery life (because I vape constantly). I was so excited to try it! Boy was I disappointed! Every draw was burnt tasting! it was horrible! So I asked a friend who has the same set if he had that issue. He said yeah, and you have to use 2.5ohm coils with the protank with the istick. (which makes no sense bc the lower the ohm, the higher the voltage can be). Anyways, I'm an impatient person and couldnt find anyone with those coils locally (because they are all promoting the Aspire products). So I ordered a mini Nauti online. verified its authentic. And really didnt have any issues with it, other than I go tired of refilling several times a day. So I broke down in Feb and bought the full size Nautilus. WOW! It was amazing! What a difference from that crappy VS battery and plastic tank! (wait for it...) Until about a month ago. Started noticing the now infamous gurgling and liquid in the top. I would just shake it out and wipe it out with a q-tip or napkin and keep going. Until that didnt work anymore. I started taking it apart and noticed liquid in the bottom of the tank, under the coil. And it was also somehow making its way into the inner channel and up into my mouth (yuk! nasty) I started to just put in a new coil and that seemed to fix the problem. Until a few days went by. then it started the same shit again! DAMMIT! I have a full time job, single mother with two girls (one is a teenager), and a boyfriend (my man child). I do NOT have time to fuck around with this shit every damn day! Nor can I afford to lose all my juice on q-tips and napkins and waste coils! I thought I was gonna save some $ switching, boy was I wrong! Anyways, Im very impatient! So this weekend I was out of town in a rural area, with only 1-vape store nearby and it was 25mins away. I went there and got a new tank (the Kanger sub tank). it has the 1.2ohm coil. And its ok i guess, but it burns really hot and you have to lung hit it or it will burn the shit outta your throat! plus its a really small tank and i find im filling i almost every hour! and its loud too! I still wasnt ready to give up on my Nautilus just yet though, so I googled it. And thus, found myself here, reading these posts. Ugh! This sux! I cant believe something that can work so amazing sometimes can also be such a pain in the ass others! The only comfort I take in all this is I am not alone! At least I know its not just something I'm doing wrong. I have tried everything that I have read on here and other sites suggested to try and alleviate the problem. I just gave them both a good cleaning today and put them back together. The mini is working great, with an old coil i might add. (somewhere along the way i started keeping them, convinced there was just no way they were bad after 3-days). Havent filled the full size boy yet..i tried some cheap juice in it and it seemed ok for a few hits, but only time will tell!

Thank you to everyone for sharing all of your experiences and suggestions. It really helps people like me, who are too embarrassed to go into the store and ask for fear of looking like a dumbass! oh and BTW, Ive mentioned this problem to two different stores and neither of the people had heard of the issue! (yeah right! they just arent gonna admit it cuz then they couldnt sell them!)

Hi @mistressisis and welcome to VU and thank you for sharing your story with us as well! please feel free to continue and share as you'll find for the most part we're a happy bunch and more than glad to help when and where we can.

The BVC coils we use in the Aspire tanks now are heaps better than the old BDC coils they first came out with....I used my Nautilus for a week in frustration with those old coils before it collected dust. I was hesitant to try them but with all the good reviews I ordered a pack and the tank is back in rotation for my "take to work" tank again. A lot of people had problems with their top o-ring being installed upside down at the factory causing the tank to leak and gurgle a lot. I cannot remember which Nautilus help thread it is but I no if you search around them you can find great detail and many having this problem and to fix it all you have to do is flip it over. If you don't fill and vape the tank regularly everyday and just leave it full of juice, especially if it's less than half full then the coil can become oversaturated and cause it to soak threw the coil and drip in the base a bit...especially if you are using a juice with a high PG content that is thin and will overwick with time just as if you try and use a high VG juice in a Nautilus it can have problems wicking fast enough. Also, because these tanks are both gravity and air pressure fed, not only with the less juice you have the more pressure the more it tries to wick, but temperature can play a bit part of how it feeds as well....for example if you're outside in the cold for awhile and your juice gets chilled it may give you grief and a dry hit or two as it tries to wick....then if you get in your car and crank the heat up and warm up the tank rapidly, the change in temperature changes the internal pressure on the liquid inside the coil and then it is likely to flood. (do'h ;) ) It happens to the best of us.

Also with the original Istick 20 watt those mods tend to run a bit hotter than they say they're running at....so if you like your vape at 12 watts set it at 10 and see how it feels. I like VW devices because they are consistent and put out the same amount of power regardless of resistance when changing tanks and coils...however...being from the Variable voltage only days I still when I have a new tank start out with the power all the way down and then slowly turn it up every puff or two till I've adjusted to taste. It helps break the coil in better IMHO as well to do it that way.

As for your protank working with your Istick...you have the right idea but it's the other way around....less ohms means less volts to get the same wattage as you would get with a higher ohms coil at higher voltage. Those old single coil protank 2 heads weren't designed for high wattage anyways. Depending on which resistance you bought they were only meant to handle like 5-10 watts max. The higher ohm coils were a little more durable it felt like to me but I still prefered the hard to find 1.5 ohm coils at 3.7 volts than the 2.5 ohm coils at 4.5 . When I rebuild them, I use 29 or 30 gauge Kanthal as apposed to their stock 33 gauge Nicrome and try and keep them at around 1.2-1.4. It gives you a little more power and vape out of them but eventually burns out the insulator around the center pin on the bottom. The factory attaches non resistance wire to the coil for the positive and negative leads otherwise that thin ass Nicrome would seer threw the rubber rather quickly. When you rebuild them you don't have to do that persay and using Kanthal the leads stay a little cooler but eventually they do wear threw either way.

Once again it was preference of taste even if it was in my head. As for the new subtank OCC coils...I haven't used or taken apart my 1.2 ohm head so I honestly don't know if they used a thinner wire in it or just more than the .5 heads but those 1.2 ohm coils aren't meant to really vape above 17-20 watts max. If you want the high wattage and bigger clouds than the .5 ohm coils or the rebuild the thing is the only good way to go. The hole point of the 1.2 ohm heads was to make the tank universally marketable to sub ohm and non sub ohm vapors. I found when I tried it if I kept it around 13-16 watts with the airflow set to the two small hole option it vaped just fine. I rebuild them to .7 with 26 gauge kanthal and vape it at 21-23 watts with the two small airflow holes and it seems to be perfect for me. But I prefer a cooler vape as others prefer their's much warmer.

I hope all of this helps a little bit and I am sorry if it doesn't. Congrats on the year and a half smoke free and happy vaping!

wow! Thanks for all that info! I am using the BVC coils, have been since about March I think. I had the mini Nauti first and like I said i really wasnt having any issues with it, just wanted something bigger (and it was a B-Day gift to myself). Actually what happened is the dumbass in the new shop (in the middle of Suburbia) sold me an Atlantis. I was sooo excited to try it! And she knew i had the istick 20w and told me i just needed to turn it up to the highest wattage bc of the sub ohm coil. Well I really didnt trust that so i did some research before i even took it out of the box when i got home and found out it was not at all compatible with my istick and i would need at least 20-30w min for it to be compatible! So I returned it and got the full size Nautilus instead. I tend to do the same as you with my new tanks and start out at like 8-10w and then move up in either .5 or 1.0 increments until i find the sweet spot. Which seems to be around 10 with the Nautilus. Im not really concerned about large clouds, for me its more about the experience of feeling like im smoking along with getting the full flavor of my juice. Im not really a techy kinda person so the "tinkering" mentioned in one of the earlier posts would just be a pita to me really. I would love to have something that is just plug and play, but still a quality set up. As to the temp of my vape, Id say room temp is about how I prefer it. if its too hot, it burns my throat and makes me cough. And I live in FL so this thing is rarely exposed to sub-tropical temps! I did find, however, that the upper o-ring on my mini was in upside down, but that was my fault! Before I quit using it, i took it apart (the first time ive done that) and cleaned it out real good and apparently put that in upside down. Well, i hadnt used it since, but let a friend borrow it so she could see what a real vape was like. Man was I embarrassed when she told me all her juice started coming out of the air holes and up thru the inner canal thru the drip tip! So I swapped her my Protank 3 and took the mini apart today after reading this post and found the problem. Cleaned it all out once again, tried out some cheap juice in it, and have been using it all day. With an older coil too (one of those I saved from before bc I just knew it couldnt be bad). This just sux because I really enjoy vaping! I didnt want to quit smoking but I had to. I'm type 1 diabetic and it was taking years off my life! But I dont know if I can continue to afford to vape! I go thru a 15ml bottle in like 2-days? maybe? Especially with the full size tank bc it holds 5ml of juice. So i fill it 3x and I need more! At $12/bottle or $22/30ml its getting expensive! and now im dealing with this coil problem and those suckers aint cheap either! I just get so frustrated sometimes I go to the extreme and buy all new stuff but I always end up coming back to this damn tank! Ive spent over $140 in the past 3-days and I just dont have that kind of money to blow! Anyways, thanks again for all the info and I'm glad I found this site. At least I know I have somewhere to post my queries now!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow! Thanks for all that info! I am using the BVC coils, have been since about March I think. I had the mini Nauti first and like I said i really wasnt having any issues with it, just wanted something bigger (and it was a B-Day gift to myself). Actually what happened is the dumbass in the new shop (in the middle of Suburbia) sold me an Atlantis. I was sooo excited to try it! And she knew i had the istick 20w and told me i just needed to turn it up to the highest wattage bc of the sub ohm coil. Well I really didnt trust that so i did some research before i even took it out of the box when i got home and found out it was not at all compatible with my istick and i would need at least 20-30w min for it to be compatible! So I returned it and got the full size Nautilus instead. I tend to do the same as you with my new tanks and start out at like 8-10w and then move up in either .5 or 1.0 increments until i find the sweet spot. Which seems to be around 10 with the Nautilus. Im not really concerned about large clouds, for me its more about the experience of feeling like im smoking along with getting the full flavor of my juice. Im not really a techy kinda person so the "tinkering" mentioned in one of the earlier posts would just be a pita to me really. I would love to have something that is just plug and play, but still a quality set up. As to the temp of my vape, Id say room temp is about how I prefer it. if its too hot, it burns my throat and makes me cough. And I live in FL so this thing is rarely exposed to sub-tropical temps! I did find, however, that the upper o-ring on my mini was in upside down, but that was my fault! Before I quit using it, i took it apart (the first time ive done that) and cleaned it out real good and apparently put that in upside down. Well, i hadnt used it since, but let a friend borrow it so she could see what a real vape was like. Man was I embarrassed when she told me all her juice started coming out of the air holes and up thru the inner canal thru the drip tip! So I swapped her my Protank 3 and took the mini apart today after reading this post and found the problem. Cleaned it all out once again, tried out some cheap juice in it, and have been using it all day. With an older coil too (one of those I saved from before bc I just knew it couldnt be bad). This just sux because I really enjoy vaping! I didnt want to quit smoking but I had to. I'm type 1 diabetic and it was taking years off my life! But I dont know if I can continue to afford to vape! I go thru a 15ml bottle in like 2-days? maybe? Especially with the full size tank bc it holds 5ml of juice. So i fill it 3x and I need more! At $12/bottle or $22/30ml its getting expensive! and now im dealing with this coil problem and those suckers aint cheap either! I just get so frustrated sometimes I go to the extreme and buy all new stuff but I always end up coming back to this damn tank! Ive spent over $140 in the past 3-days and I just dont have that kind of money to blow! Anyways, thanks again for all the info and I'm glad I found this site. At least I know I have somewhere to post my queries now!

I am glad I could help...I love the Nautilus because the flavors of my juice seem to taste slightly different, not bad, but shows off one side of the flavor profile while my Kayfuns and drippers show off the other side so it's like having two flavors for the price of one. I myself am not a "cloud chaser" either but a flavor junkie...I was literally a fat kid and have a bad sweet tooth so when I started vaping I primarily stick to dessert vapes and a couple fruity ones to help curve my bad snaking habits and it does help. I like my vapes cool as well like you said and even with my ,24 dripper builds I use so much airflow it keeps it cool. I actually vape around 12-14 watts with my Kayfuns built with 1.2-1.5 ohm coils and my Nautilus the same....I vape my sub ohm Kanger subtank coils at 22-25 watts....flavor for me is everything...

15ml of juice a day isn't that bad...and one nice thing about the Nautilus is that it goes threw juice much more conservatively than a subtank will or any sub ohm build for that matter. I am all for supporting local shops but being on tight vaping budget myself these days we need to get you buying juice online. There are many awesome juice companies online that sell for much more reasonable prices...especially if you buy in large quanities. As someone that does a lot of DIY I am not the best one to give you the list because if I buy juice it is usually from a "top shelf" company because I am buying a specific flavor from that company. I can say that Mt. Baker Vapor is dirt cheap but that is definately "well" juice :) People like @Zamazam can provide you with a list of good and affordable juice companies. I myself like Nicoticket (60ml for 33 bucks), Dr. Crimmy's seems to be a lot of people's favorite (60ml for 20 bucks or 125ml for 30 bucks,) and Alien Vision E-juice (30ml for like 16 or 17 bucks.) @Smoky Blue also is an excellent person to get you hooked up with top shelf liquid at a reasonable price if you ask her nicely. Also, look threw the juice vendors section of the forum...VU and Mod Envy feature several great juice lines that if bought online can save you considerably in the long run like Mad Cat Vapors and Perfection Vapes.

A lot of us planned on saving money when we started vaping and ended up turning it into a hobby and screwed that all up but it doesn't mean you have to spend a ton on juice. We'll get you going down the right path :)

(ps...thank you Smoky and Zamazam for being kind and reading this even though I named dropped without permission :D )

(PSS....you can always try the next highest strength of nic as well so you get a little more nic in less puffs...but it's going to give you more throat hit as well. For some reason the body absorbs nic slower from vaping than analogs so you can puff and puff, then all of a sudden it hits you all at once and you've vaped too much too quick...it's not always what happens, just saying it can. Also, at the bottom of this thread I am linking below is a list of juice vendor recommendations from "Vapinchevy" in addition to whatever is recommended from the people I asked to give recommendations to you from in the first place....ok...now I'm really done with this one....promase ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...erienced-general-questions.58470/#post-422772

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am glad I could help...I love the Nautilus because the flavors of my juice seem to taste slightly different, not bad, but shows off one side of the flavor profile while my Kayfuns and drippers show off the other side so it's like having two flavors for the price of one. I myself am not a "cloud chaser" either but a flavor junkie...I was literally a fat kid and have a bad sweet tooth so when I started vaping I primarily stick to dessert vapes and a couple fruity ones to help curve my bad snaking habits and it does help. I like my vapes cool as well like you said and even with my ,24 dripper builds I use so much airflow it keeps it cool. I actually vape around 12-14 watts with my Kayfuns built with 1.2-1.5 ohm coils and my Nautilus the same....I vape my sub ohm Kanger subtank coils at 22-25 watts....flavor for me is everything...

15ml of juice a day isn't that bad...and one nice thing about the Nautilus is that it goes threw juice much more conservatively than a subtank will or any sub ohm build for that matter. I am all for supporting local shops but being on tight vaping budget myself these days we need to get you buying juice online. There are many awesome juice companies online that sell for much more reasonable prices...especially if you buy in large quanities. As someone that does a lot of DIY I am not the best one to give you the list because if I buy juice it is usually from a "top shelf" company because I am buying a specific flavor from that company. I can say that Mt. Baker Vapor is dirt cheap but that is definately "well" juice :) People like @Zamazam can provide you with a list of good and affordable juice companies. I myself like Nicoticket (60ml for 33 bucks), Dr. Crimmy's seems to be a lot of people's favorite (60ml for 20 bucks or 125ml for 30 bucks,) and Alien Vision E-juice (30ml for like 16 or 17 bucks.) @Smoky Blue also is an excellent person to get you hooked up with top shelf liquid at a reasonable price if you ask her nicely. Also, look threw the juice vendors section of the forum...VU and Mod Envy feature several great juice lines that if bought online can save you considerably in the long run like Mad Cat Vapors and Perfection Vapes.

A lot of us planned on saving money when we started vaping and ended up turning it into a hobby and screwed that all up but it doesn't mean you have to spend a ton on juice. We'll get you going down the right path :)

(ps...thank you Smoky and Zamazam for being kind and reading this even though I named dropped without permission :D )

(PSS....you can always try the next highest strength of nic as well so you get a little more nic in less puffs...but it's going to give you more throat hit as well. For some reason the body absorbs nic slower from vaping than analogs so you can puff and puff, then all of a sudden it hits you all at once and you've vaped too much too quick...it's not always what happens, just saying it can. Also, at the bottom of this thread I am linking below is a list of juice vendor recommendations from "Vapinchevy" in addition to whatever is recommended from the people I asked to give recommendations to you from in the first place....ok...now I'm really done with this one....promase ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...erienced-general-questions.58470/#post-422772

Very nicely said, @madmonkey :) thanks!
yes, if there is a protank involved.. and you feel you go thru too much juice.. please think on upping your nic level. at least 3mg more than what you are on now and see if that will help you.. you have to have both flavoring and nic at your comfort zone, or you will go thru a ton.. Nic withdrawals aren't fun!There are other juices out there that are just as good as premium juice and at that price, personally.. if I paid that "$22/30ml" it would be for special occasions.

As far as your tank issues.. I'd recommend a set up like i have.. yes i love the clouds, but on the lowest setting, there aren't many big ones.. and you can bounce the air flow around for when you want more clouds.. my set up is a ipv mini 2 with a 5ml atlantis.. depending on what I am doing that day, i might only refill it 2 times.. but if you are happy with the nautilus, stick with it.. :)

I wish you lots of luck in your journey and if you need more help, just ask!

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have several Nautilus tanks I have yet to have leaking issues ! Nautilus ,Atlantis ! no leaks yet .

I had the exact same problem. Turns out that the top o-ring, from the factory, was flipped the wrong way. The indented circles were facing down when the smooth side needed to be. Once I turned it around and cleaned everything, there was no more flooding. Sean from RBV opened a few new tanks he had and saw that they were in fact flipped the wrong way too. Must just be a mistake in the factory. Hope that helps
Hi there - could you just elaborate please. When you say the indented circles were facing down, do you mean down towards the drip tip or down towards the pyrex? Cheers

VU Sponsors