Become a Patron!

Aspire Nautilus 2 burnt taste

Got the nautilus 2 last week and the first coil 0.7 was amazing at 18 watt, then since I've changed the coil I always get a horrid burnt taste, changed to coil again twice now and still taste horrid. Same coils, some liquid, same voltage. Any ideas how to fix it please?

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got the nautilus 2 last week and the first coil 0.7 was amazing at 18 watt, then since I've changed the coil I always get a horrid burnt taste, changed to coil again twice now and still taste horrid. Same coils, some liquid, same voltage. Any ideas how to fix it please?
Silly question, are you priming your coils when you install them?

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Yes priming the coil & leaving it to sit. Tried doing the old nauti trick of flipping the tank a few times which does work for about one vape but then back to burnt taste.

I'm having the same issue, no idea what it could be...seems to happen more during longer drags? Maybe not pulling hard enough? Did you find a solution?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a habit of gently blowing into a tank before use. If any pressure is built up it will balance out the air pressure. I did this with the regular nautilus and it helped.

Thanks for the response, tried it but didn't seem to help. The burning seems to occur after taking drags longer than 3 seconds. I'm running the stock .7 BVC coil at 21.5W and its rated between 18-23W. Anymore help would be appreciated.

What is your juice? Sounds like you're not getting a good wick..... works good then goes to a dry hit. Maybe try a higher PG ratio in your juice. I've also heard about someone poking a needle through the wick holes as the cotton might be too tight of a wrap.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The coil that comes installed is the .7Ω but the extra coil is 1.8Ω...15W is pushing it on those coils..13W is what I usually vape them at

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like, to me! That this tank just will not satisfy you. I personally do not like this tank. It does not produce enough vaper, for me. I would suggest TFV8 for you. It will stay wicked longer and you will blow clouds all day. PS I always suggest the OBS Engine to everyone. If you like to wrap coils. It will not leak and stays soaked with ejuice.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It looks like, to me! That this tank just will not satisfy you. I personally do not like this tank. It does not produce enough vaper, for me. I would suggest TFV8 for you. It will stay wicked longer and you will blow clouds all day. PS I always suggest the OBS Engine to everyone. If you like to wrap coils. It will not leak and stays soaked with ejuice.
So you suggest the most non-MTL vape for someone that is/was happy vaping under 20W

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
http://vaping360.com/pg-vs-vg-what-is-the-difference-and-what-should-i-use/

The increased thickness of VG means it can reduce the life of atomisers quicker than PG-based juice. High VG liquids clog up coils more rapidly, and will not work well, if at all, in certain tanks. Older products are especially susceptible, particularly models that use smaller coils such as clearomizers. The Nautilus range, Innokin iclears and eGo tanks are some of the more well-known tanks that are known to have difficulties dealing with high VG fluid.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you suggest the most non-MTL vape for someone that is/was happy vaping under 20W
You can mouth to lung with it. All you have to do is close the the air intake to where comfortable. Im just saying, If the tank is drying up on you its time to up your game. It happened to me. I started with the Nautilus mini. Now I build and make my own juice. There is many great tanks out there.
Here is a good one. If you run out of coils it comes with a RBA coil. Baby Beast
https://www.vapordna.com/SMOK-TFV8-Big-Baby-Beast-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/smtfbb.htm

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember having this issue with my Nautilus, it worked great until I restocked my coils turned out the coils were bad, This was a few years ago and I have a bunch of bad coils of course I bought several boxes lol lol it happens. I called this Aspire Gate.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors