Become a Patron!

Aspire Evo 75 starter kit setting questions

I am new to vaping, and after a lot of research have purchased the aspire evo 75 starter kit. I have watched a lot of "review" videos of the device and explanation of the custom settings. I understand the concepts of temperature control, watt control, etc... but what I don't know is do I need to set all these variables or are they isolated choices. Example, do I choose "watt" say 40 and that is it or do I also have to choose a corresponding temp control for that watt setting. The other thing I can't find is how to choose TCR setting between Ni, Ti, SS. As I understand that it is based on the coil material. It came with 2 coils of different omh but I can't find the appropriate setting.

Basically, I need advice on just a baseline set up to get me started and then I can experiment with fine tuning.

thanks for any advice or clarification.

JB

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
:nothingtoadd: However, it'll bump your thread. Hopefully someone with this mod will chime in.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
What do the coils say on them. Ni, SS, or nothing? How about the packaging on the coil description?

thanks. Ill check out the video. The coil only says " evo atlantis .5 ohm" "30-40 watt" I looked up that coil and it does not specify give coil material I can find.

And I have read the included instructions and it does not specify the coil material. I thought that was odd.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
thanks. Ill check out the video. The coil only says " evo atlantis .5 ohm" "30-40 watt" I looked up that coil and it does not specify give coil material I can find.

And I have read the included instructions and it does not specify the coil material. I thought that was odd.
Then it is a standard kanthal coil which you use in wattage mode only.

ding ding ding!!!! The video was very helpful. Thanks OpoRoot. What I learned was that you have to have "temperature control coil" to use the temperature feature. When he explained the temp control feature he said "I change to a temperature control coil". He also said at the beginning that the coils included in the kit were Kanthal which is not an option for temp control (Ni, Ti, or SS).

The watt mode was better explained also.

thanks all.

JB

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
ding ding ding!!!! The video was very helpful. Thanks OpoRoot. What I learned was that you have to have "temperature control coil" to use the temperature feature. When he explained the temp control feature he said "I change to a temperature control coil". He also said at the beginning that the coils included in the kit were Kanthal which is not an option for temp control (Ni, Ti, or SS).

The watt mode was better explained also.

thanks all.

JB
Glade the video was helpful, and vape on!

vape to live logo.jpg

I am new to vaping, and after a lot of research have purchased the aspire evo 75 starter kit. I have watched a lot of "review" videos of the device and explanation of the custom settings. I understand the concepts of temperature control, watt control, etc... but what I don't know is do I need to set all these variables or are they isolated choices. Example, do I choose "watt" say 40 and that is it or do I also have to choose a corresponding temp control for that watt setting. The other thing I can't find is how to choose TCR setting between Ni, Ti, SS. As I understand that it is based on the coil material. It came with 2 coils of different omh but I can't find the appropriate setting.

Basically, I need advice on just a baseline set up to get me started and then I can experiment with fine tuning.

thanks for any advice or clarification.

JB
I have the same problem

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership