Become a Patron!

Aspire AVP AIO Pod Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the AVP AIO Pod Kit from Aspire. The AVP AIO Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Tina from Aspire.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts559.html

Introduction

Aspire i have a lot of time for as along with Innokin they have probably been responsible for more vapers successfully quitting smoking than any other manufacturer. Here i take a look at the AVP an all in one pod system that has 3 wattage settings and is draw activated. Coming in 5 colour options the AVP uses 2ml capacity pods that house a 1.2ohm Nichrome coil, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x AVP Battery
1x Micro USB Cable
1x Lanyard
1x Warranty Card
1x User Manual
2x AVP Pods

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The AVP comes in the usual sturdy cardboard box with sleeve packaging the Aspire products come in. I received the Black version, it's also available in Grey, Purple, Rainbow and Orange, it's a very nice looking device as much for it's form factor. The device also comes with a quick release Lanyard and although i don't use lanyards personally, i must say the lanyard included is the best quality i have seen that has come with a vaping device. Both battery and pod have a really nice shape to them with the battery section being narrower at the bottom and tapers outwards to be wider at the top, it's size is smaller than previous pod devices released by Aspire yet made of Stainless Steel has some weight to it. The frame is the colour of choice then both front and back we have a Carbon Fiber sticker with a really nice feel to it. On one side of the device we have the eyelet to attach the lanyard (this also allows extra air to the pod), and on the base we have the micro USB port (the USB port might as well be on the base as the curved surface prevents the device being able to be stood upright). On the front of the device we have "aspire" printed in White, and an hexagonal mode button which lights up various colours for indication. The back of the device has "AVP" printed in White towards the bottom, the build quality is very good and fits in the hand very comfortably.

AVP Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 82*39*14mm
Material: Stainless Steel
E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml
Battery Capacity: 700mAh
Coil Details: 1.2Ω Coil / NiChrome
3 Constant Wattage Settings
Draw activated
Short Circuit Protection
15sec Cut Off
Low Voltage Protection
Overcharge Cut Off
Over Heat Protection
Sleek and Discreet
Colours: Black, Grey, Purple, Rainbow, Orange

The Pod

The Pod has a fully transparent frosted bottom section and clear top section so seeing your juice level is no problem at all. The mouthpiece is very comfortable between the lips and has quite a large opening for a pod which is a big clue to the sort of draw the device gives. Looking on the base of the pod we have a positive contact central which is circled by a negative ring, to one side of the ring is the opening to line up with one of the openings in the device's bay to activate the membrane switch. To each outer edge on the pods base we have a magnet and to the inside of one of theses we have a spring loaded filling valve, to fill just put your nozzle into the valve and push down, the pod holds 2ml of liquid. Most nozzles work well but i still think in case the user is using glass droppers or nozzles too big a purpose made empty bottle should of been included like the one pictured below on the picture from Aspire's website. I filled using one of these bottles which was supplied with another kit that also had a PTF valve and using it on the AVP gave a 100% mess free fill. The pod houses a 1.2ohm Nichrome coil and i'm pleased to say 2 pods are included.

Fitting The Pod

Looking into the device at the pods bay we can see 2 Gold plated, spring loaded contacts central, we also have 2 openings leading to the membrane switch (one each side of the contacts) so it doesn't matter which way the pod is fitted. To each outside edge of the bay we have a magnet, the pod snaps into place very securely so the pod has no movement during use.

Operating The AVP

The AVP is a draw activated device only but does have a mode button which can also be used to switch the device on and off by clicking it 5 times. The device has 3 wattage settings which will only give the set wattage while the voltage on the battery allows and then in theory would become a direct output device. However as long as the resistance of the coil is above 1.0ohm the device can deliver the set wattage's throughout giving constant output and no drop off, with the pods housing a 1.2ohm coil we are home and dry. The wattage settings can be changed by clicking the mode button twice quickly, each time we change the setting the LED blinks 3 times in the corresponding colour to confirm which setting we have selected. Red is 8W, Blue is 10W and Green is 12W, although with the device i was sent they don't change in order and actually go Red followed by Green and then Blue. If you want to check which setting you are on just long press the mode button and the LED will light solid for 3 seconds in the corresponding colour. The AVP also has battery status indication which is shown by the LED lighting up while vaping, when it lights Green the battery is above 3.8V, when it lights Blue it's between 3.5V and 3.8V and finally when the LED lights Red the battery is below 3.5V so it's time to start planning on charging the battery. The device also comes with all the usual safety protections you would expect which are indicated by various flashes of the LED.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Protections

Automatic Cutoff
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over Charge Protection
Over Heat Protection

Charging The Device

The AVP is charged via the micro USB port on the base of the device and when connecting the LED blinks Red 3 times. While charging the LED lights Red while the charge is under 3.5V, it then lights Blue when the charge is between 3.5V and 3.8V, when the charge is over 3.8V the light turns Green and finally once fully charged the LED blinks Green 20 times then turns off. The 700mAh battery charges at 1000mAh and is fully charged in less than an hour, i was more than happy with this.

My Experience Using The AVP

The AVP is another pod device which has a draw that actually suits me but probably isn't ideal for a lot of first time vapers as it's very airy only allowing for a very loose MTL draw or a restricted DL hit. The hole for fitting the lanyard does allow extra air to the pod so putting your finger over this does give a slightly tighter MTL draw but it is still what i would consider loose. The flavour as i have become to expect from Aspire is very good and you can see the ejuice level in the pod clearly. If i was personally to have any complaint it would be with such a loose draw i just feel i would prefer just a bit more power maybe 15W rather than the 12W which is the highest setting. The PTF valve works excellently and i suffered no leaking whatsoever from the pods. Having both 3 different wattage settings and the fact they are constant output throughout the batteries life is a big pro for the device as is how responsive the membrane switch is. The 700mAh battery gave good life for a pod device and i have no complaints with the device being fully charged within an hour.

Very good build quality
Ergonomic, stealthy and pocket friendly
Aesthetically pleasing (including it's form)
5 Colour options
Mode Button
Can be turned off
3 constant wattage settings
Very good flavour
Battery status indication
Charging status indication
Very good PTF system
Can see juice level clearly
Responsive membrane switch
Pod fits securely
2 pods included
Very good quality lanyard included
700mAh battery
Charged within an hour

Cons

A bit more power would suit me personally
Draw very loose (perfect for me but not suited to a lot of new vapers)
Device can't be stood upright (base small and not flat)
Empty fill bottle included would add to it's appeal

I would once again like to thank Tina from Aspire for supplying the AVP AIO Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/as...ts559.html

VU Sponsors