Become a Patron!

Aspire Atlantis V2 Stuck Coil Removal Guide

Happily vaping away playing video games I accidentally knocked my IPV4 onto the floor. Here's how I removed my stuck coil, even when I thought all was lost.
  • Mod: IPV4
  • Tank: Aspire Atlantis V2
  • Coil: VAir T- Atlantis (I think)
The Damage: Oh no all my juice!

The Damage second image. As you can see the coil snapped in the middle. I suppose it's better to lose the coil than the glass.

Tools: Needle nose pliers, frog tape/ duck tape (optional), knife/ scissors (optional), and a vice grip.

(Optional Step) Protect your tank:I get two pieces of frog tape to avoid further damaging my tank you can use a knife or scissors.

(Optional Step) Protect your tank: Now wrap the frog tape or duck tape around the pliers like so, to avoid scoring the tank with the metal on metal contact or possible lead contamination.

Getting set: Place your needle nose pliers in the vice grip like so. You can also just use both hands, I use the vice grip for extra support having both hands free allows me to have more torque for the removing the stuck coil.

Removing the coil: Insert the pliers like so and turn counter-clock wise.

Happy trails hope this helps you. I recommend cleaning your tank after.

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those coils just press together. This happened to me before and all I had to do was unscrew the bottom half of the coil that stayed in the base and press/tap it back into the top half of the coil. Then simply unscrew the coil from the top cap...good job with your explanation on how you solved the problem...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors