Become a Patron!

Aspire Atlantis not working properly

Hello! I am completely new to vaping, I bought a small Vision Spinner to help me stop smoking about a week ago and I love the thing so I decided to invest in it and buy some real gear. I came out with an Aspire Atlantis tank (and two accompanying coils) and an iJoy Etop battery/mod/whatever it's called (clarification? :D). The guy said they both work well together and they're both not too expensive so I figured they'd make a good combo. Everything's in properly, it had been sitting for about 5 minutes to let the coil soak up. Went to hit it, nothing. Nada. Emptied the tank, checked the coil, it was A.OK. Tried again, nothing. Replaced the coil with the spare, nothing. Took the tank from my Spinner and stuck it on the eTop and that worked really well! But not the Atlantis. I put the Atlantis on my Spinner and it sorta worked, very little smoke but that told me everything was right with the tank so it must be a problem with the eTop. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried disassembling everything I can to make sure everything was proper, which it was, but the thing still won't work. It's only with the Atlantis though, the Spinner tank works fine.
Any help would be very appreciated!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are the ohms on the coils you're using? I was trying to find something about this mod and it said it's suitable for 1.0 Ohms, up.

I do know that it's a 0.5 ohm coil. I was doing a lot more research haha. But the weird thing is, I'm willing to bet that my Spinner bat isn't capable of performing for a 0.5 ohm coil, so why's it working while the beast isn't? :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most spinners won't fire below 1 ohm. If you can get your hands on a 1.2 ohm or higher, I'd think that would work. So the shop sold you coils that aren't geared toward the device you bought? I'd see if they'd exchange or something, at least. That's just wrong.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ohh ok. My bad.. My apologies to the vendor, lol. Was one of those over 1 ohm and wouldn't fire?

One of what over 1 Ohm? I now know my mod is rated for 1-1.5 Ohms (a friend who has one told me just now). So I guess I'll take the mod back and get one with a bigger punch, unless we can get them to work together! Haha

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The coils. 2 came with it? One of them is 0.5 ohms. What was the other?

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems like a better tank for your battery would have been the Aspire Nautilus Mini.

VU Sponsors