Become a Patron!

Aspire Atlantis mods

I'm fairly new to vaping and I recently purchased the Aspire Atlantis with the Aspire cf sub ohm battery. I get decent clouds from it, but I want to go bigger. I know nothing about how to rebuild coils. So I thought the easiest thing for me to do was just get a mod of some sort. And excuse me if my terms are used incorrectly, once again I'm new to this. I just do not know what I can use with the Aspire Atlantis tank. I'm currently vaping Njoy Artist Collection 6mg of nicotine. If someone can tell me what I can use with the Aspire Atlantis tank or any tips to get bigger clouds it would be greatly appreciated.

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me personally I really don't go above 50 watts with my Atlantis 0.5 oHm tank, mostly I stay at around 45 watts with high VG liquids, and sometimes my watts will vary depending on the ratio of the liquid I'm using. So any regulated mod that can push at least 50 watts should do you well with an Atlantis. IMHO;)

P.S. you say you want bigger clouds, you need high VG liquids, I just looked at the Njoy Artist Collection and the Dragonscape is the only one with a high VG ratio of 70/30 VG/PG.
So you may want to look for some higher VG or max VG liquids to get the big clouds.

Last edited:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The aspire Atlantis coils are easy to rebuild so keep them. There are many tutorials on youtube on how to rebuild them. I can rebuild an atlantis coil in under 5 minutes. All you need is some kanthal, something to wrap it around and a pair of fingernail clippers to cut off the excess. An ohms meter is also a must have so you know if you have a short and so you know if your close to the right ohms that you want. Your CF battery will fire .4 and up ( I believe ) so you can wrap your coil how ever you like, you can even twist kanthal together and make a coil out of that for your atlantis like I did. The coil That I'm going to post pictures of is over 3 months old. about once a week, I pull the cotton out with tweezers and do a dry burn to get the gunk off the coil and then I rewick it with koh gen do ( Japanese cotton ). By rewicking, I mean I twist a piece of cotton and then pill it through the coil and snip off the ends with scissors...its that easy. I rebuilding your coils is so easy to do and it will save you so much money. Don't be afraid, its not hard, to do and like I said there are so many youtube videos that will help you. Air flow and VG are your friends when it comes to making bigger clouds. I have mine set to the biggest air hole and I use 80% VG e-liquid and its impressive the amount of flavor and vapor an Atlantis can produce. If your wanting something that will give you more power I suggest like an Istick 50, because it will goto 50 watts and you wont have to buy any extra gear. As with any other device that you buy, like the IPV II that goes to 70 watts, your going to need to buy batteries for it and a battery charger. 50 watts is plenty if you wrap the right coil on your atlantis and it'll work amazing on the stock coils as well. Hope this helps.

Here is my home made twisted 26g atlantis coil
IMG_20150401_102811_973.jpg

on my ohm meter, no shorts and reading .61, that's just a little higher than stock but I have it on a DNA30 so 20-25watts is nice for me, you may need more.
IMG_20150401_102840_011.jpg

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've pulled my old ones apart and was curious if you would be able to rebuild the shell

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've pulled my old ones apart and was curious if you would be able to rebuild the shell

Absolutely!! Wrap your coil and stick it down in the shell. then I stick a screwdriver through the holes in the side and through the coil to hold it in place, then I put back on the white rubber insulator, one lead from your coil goes through the middle of the o ring and one on the outside, then put the metal butt stopper thingie back in and clip off the excess kanthal. pull out the screwdriver and slap it on your ohm meter, if your happy with the results, twist some cotton into a point and slide it through the coil and out the other side and cut off the excess, wet with e liquid and your ready to vape. :D

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a pic of an atlantis coil I just rebuilt for my wife. Nothing special but she wanted about .8 and that's what she got with 5 wraps around a 7/64th drill bit ( that's the size of the holes on an Atlantis coil ) with 26g A-1 kanthal.
IMG_20150424_112408_716.jpg

All yu need is wire, tweezers, nail clippers and an ohm meter ( a set of precision screwdrivers helps too :) you can get a set at autozone or harbor freight for a couple dollars. The one that just fits through the holes of the atlantis is the one you want. Use that screwdriver to wrap your coil. depending on the ohms your looking for, if you want a half ohm, like stock you'll wanna do about 4 wraps with 26g
IMG_20150329_094734_966.jpg

So I got the eleaf istick 50 watts to use with my Aspire Atlantis. I found that it's tasting slightly burnt whenever I go past 25 watts. What is causing this and is there anyway I can fix it?

Irish Eyes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am new to vaping, and got started with a spinner battery and a clearomizer. It was fine to start, but after a month, it just wasn't doing it for me. So I got the Nautilus and really liked it. Now I also have the Aspire Atlantis and am loving it. I was curious about the rebuilds shown above. Why the parallel coil instead of the vertical that it come with? I did watch a few YouTube videos, and it does look like a simple rebuild, and they also used the parallel coil.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got the eleaf istick 50 watts to use with my Aspire Atlantis. I found that it's tasting slightly burnt whenever I go past 25 watts. What is causing this and is there anyway I can fix it?
If your using the original Atlantis it's only good for up to like 30 watts with the stock coils. Anything more than that will shorten the life of the coil and give you a burnt taste if your chain vaping. Now the Atlantis V2 is a different story.

Thank you for the input. And I actually just purchased the Atlantis 2. Works fantastically at 50watts. I love the improved airflow. I get amazing clouds out of it as well. Only complaint I would have is how hot the tank gets even after a couple hits.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new to vaping, and got started with a spinner battery and a clearomizer. It was fine to start, but after a month, it just wasn't doing it for me. So I got the Nautilus and really liked it. Now I also have the Aspire Atlantis and am loving it. I was curious about the rebuilds shown above. Why the parallel coil instead of the vertical that it come with? I did watch a few YouTube videos, and it does look like a simple rebuild, and they also used the parallel coil.

I did a twisted coil. that's just two lengths of 26g kanthal twisted together. You can wrap a standard coil, a twisted or parallel coil in it if you want and the reason I wrap the coils like I do instead of vertical, like the way they come factory is simple. Because its 1000 times easier....for me at least :D

Irish Eyes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just did a rebuild on the Atlantis, using a vertical coil. Not only was it pretty easy, I couldn't believe the flavor and vape. I had to move to a smaller air hole from the one I was using with the original coil, damn near knocked my socks off. Thanks for the tips!

VU Sponsors