Become a Patron!

Asmodus Nefarius BF RDTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Nefarius BF RDTA from Asmodus. The Asmodus Nefarius BF RDTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-asmodu...12421.html

Introduction

The Nefarius is a wicked and immoral RDTA (dictionaries are great) from Asmodus. Coming with a BF pin it allows you to use a squonker as an extension to the tanks capacity. There are triple settings for the airflow and even a novice like me found it very easy to do one of my not so pretty builds.

In the Box

Contents:

1x Nefarius RDTA
2x Drip Tips (acrylic/resin and delrin)
1x Spare Glass Tube
1x Allen Key
2x Oni Fused Clapton Prebuilt Coils
1x Squonk Pin
Spare Parts
Instructional Manual

Aesthetics

I really like the aesthetics of the Nefarius, in my opinion it's a very nice looking RDTA and the Silver one i received would look good on any device that accommodates a 25mm atty. The other colour options are Black, Gold, Blue, Rose Gold or Rainbow. The base section is quite narrow and above this we have the glass, through the glass we can see the juice feeding pipe. The top section which takes up two thirds of the atty is the outer sleeve followed by the protruding top of the inner sleeve section with nice looking texturing to help when turning to set up the airflow, this top section is domed in appearance. Sitting on top we have a wide bore 810 delrin drip tip, the Nefarius also comes with a very nice 810 resin drip tip which i switched to after using the atty for a while. Both front and back of the sleeve as the Asmodus logo etched on and between these we have dual airflow slots. Moving to the base we have the gold plated 510 which i will explain about later, as well as branding and safety stamps in Black. The build quality stands out with all resistances and threading spot on.

Nefarius Specs and Features:

25mm Diameter
4mL Maximum Juice Capacity
Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Two-Post, Horizontal Dual Terminal Build Deck
Side-Secured via Hex Screws
Single or Dual Coil Configurations
PEEK Insulator
Dual Slotted Side Airflow Control
Three Different Airslot Sizes
Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
Resin Widebore Drip Tip
Top-Fill Method - Single Fill Port Inside Chamber
Bottom-Fill Method - Can Become Squonk-Ready
Removable BF Squonk 510 Pin
Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Colours: Silver (Stainless Steel), Black, Blue, Gold, Rose Gold, Rainbow

The Airflow

If you push the inner sleeve out of the outer sleeve you will see 3 air slots, the third air slot is the exact same size as the slot on the outer sleeve then the second slot is narrower and the first slot narrower still, once assembled you turn the top of the tank which is the inner sleeve to line which ever slot you want with the outer slot. When you look inside the inner sleeve you will see it has a domed shape to it.

The 510

The Nefarius doesn't actually come with a standard pin and a BF pin but has a 510 installed with an inner screw. The Nefarius comes with it set-up as a standard RDTA but unscrewing the inner screw turns the 510 into a BF pin for use with a squonking device.

Filling the Tank

The Nefarius has a pipe that goes from the bottom of the tank, right up through the centre of the deck. This pipe allows you to fill the tank by putting your liquid down this centre pipe, the pipe has holes in it just below the deck which the juice comes out of to fill the tank. When using the BF pin the juice gets fed up this pipe and again comes out the holes below the deck so using a squonker is a means of topping the tank up, you don't actually squonk onto the deck.

The Deck

The Nefarius RDTA features a two post horizontal build deck, which makes coil installing very easy. The juice feed pipe comes up between the 2 posts but doesn't even hint of getting in the way of the build. Each post has 2 post holes and you fit your coils from above like you would on a postless deck. The hex screws i found to be very good and the supplied tool fit for purpose. Once your coil legs are fitted into position you just need to pull the coils down and outwards to line up where the airslots will line up with the deck making sure you don't pull them too far out so you will get a short. There are 4 4mm wicking holes to feed each bit of cotton and as most of you know it's just a matter dangling the ends of cotton inside the tank enough to prevent flooding but not packed so you suffocate the juice flow up the wicks. Once you prime the cotton and filled the tank put the sleeve on with the airflow slots lined up with the coils.

Using and Performance

Seeing as the Nefarius's trick up it's sleeve is being able to be used on a squonking device that's exactly how i have been using it. It works really well (well it's not exactly rocket science) whenever the tank got below halfway, a few presses of the squonk bottle and back to a full tank, personally i think it's a good bit of innovation. When it comes to flavour people aren't going to be using the Nefarius instead of there favourite RDA's for squonking but some enthusiastic squonkers will have circumstances where the set-up of a squonker with the Nefarius will be very convenient. At first i found the flavour ok but once lowering the coils by 1-2mm from what you see in the pics that small adjustment made a huge difference and i found the flavour very decent, i would say comparable to an average RTA. Cloud production was very good, the airflow was smooth but slightly restricted, the difference between the three different airflow settings was very subtle.

Conclusion

The Nefarius is an extremely well made RDTA, the build quality is spot on. It works really well using a squonker as an extension of the tanks capacity but despite giving decent flavour it's not a match for a good BF RDA. Some will see how using the Nefarius as a bottom feeder is very useful, others will think what's the point. Although i used it with a squonker the Nefarius would fair well as a standard RDTA with decent flavour and personally i had no leaking and found it easy to coil and wick, but don't expect excellent flavour just decent.

Excellent build quality
Nice looking (in my opinion)
Innovation
Standard or BF RDTA
Easy Build
Decent flavour
Good cloud production
I suffered no leaking or flooding
Change from standard to BF (or vice versa) very quickly

Dislikes

Little screw in 510 is tiny, lose it and the Nefarius becomes BF only
Not a match for BF RDA for flavour
Very little difference in airflow settings

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Asmodus Nefarius BF RDTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-asmodu...12421.html

VU Sponsors