Become a Patron!

Asmodus Minikin Kodama 21700

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I liked my Lustro Kodamas so much I got one of the Minikin Kodama 21700s. The battery door is janky, but with batteries in the mod it's secure so I can overlook the ill fit. The firmware is just like the Lustros, except you navigate with physical buttons instead of touchscreen, which to me is preferrable.

The soft matte finish of the Lustro Kodama is nice, but the Minikin Kodama has a light polyurethane application and is probably a good idea for something you're constantly handling and will see some juice on it.

Compared to my Odins, it's a little deeper but not as tall. It's very small for a 2x21700 mod, and because it's wood it's very light. Crazy light compared to the Odin. Good heat dissipation and doesn't heat up. No battery or button rattle on mine. Good, clicky buttons. It's a great form factor and very nice to hold. Stainless metal bits, stainless tanks for the matchy matchy. I have a 25mm on mine, and 26mm will go with no overhang, but that is the limit due to 510 placement.

I was about to commission a 2x21700 DNA 250c box mod, but now I think I'm more interested in getting a second one of these in a different color. I like the Asmodus chip, the only gripe I have is, well beside the broken touchscreen implementation, that it doesn't show how many amps your build pulls. Maybe someone from Asmodus will read this and a firmware where the puff counter spot on the main screen could be replaced with amperage reading like Wismec allows via their settings, which to me is much more useful info than a puff counter.

These are $300. Are they worth it? Not at 300 IMO, but if you can snag one for 225 or less I think it's a great mod. Objectively, you can get something nicer for less dough, but if the stabwood appeals to you then this mod gives you a ticket into the club where entrance usually costs in excess of $400. At $225 I am seriously leaning toward buying a second if that tells you what I think about their value at that price.

Beautiful, small for a 2x21700, good chip, feels great in hand, no plastic or zinc oxide to be found. The Lustro Kodama gives you an affordable intro to this sort of mod, but the Minikin Kodama is that much better. For the person who was never going to stretch for a Vicious Ant or other more exclusive stabwood mod, this Asmodus gets you most of the way there IMO. I said most, not all.

All in all, I'm really glad I picked this up and there's probably going to be another joining it before long.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm extraordinarily anti-social and don't use a cell phone, sorry

here you go lol

gotcha. i have a $30 refurb(like new) phone, J3 Luna(my service is like $6 a month). i hardly ever use it as a phone. i mostly use it as a camera.
saying that, maybe you could find one, or an older dig camera, to use for pics. pretty cheap, maybe $20.
just a tohught.

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah I'm going to ask my 14 year old for my old LG G6 back when he upgrades, it has a great camera.

My old Samsung Galaxy Nexus must have had a built in self destruct mechanism. After a couple years of use it was practically unusable, a previously snappy phone was suddenly very slow and unbearable to use. I put a custom android firmware on it to see if it'd fix it, but apparently there is something physically wrong with it because that was a wash. So no life as a camera for it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah I'm going to ask my 14 year old for my old LG G6 back when he upgrades, it has a great camera.

maybe you could borrow it for a few pics ? ask ? lol, TELL! and tell him/her now, so they get up and sell it on ya.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's some pics since I'm using it today anyways
acb2b1c80f69ebb4c9ec23abce38085b.jpg
b348ef2ab47ed97c18d8ba1e0f7c830e.jpg
b3969c7648a39d2f7159b824caa029c0.jpg
a076b2371c9b1bbaea836c92b15363c0.jpg
d84f05d1af0db05364344b074bf24f49.jpg

VU Sponsors