Become a Patron!

Asmodus Minikin 2 - Tell me not to buy it :)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DNA is better temp control. Power mode it is the same obviously. The Asmodus balances the batteries better. A usual DNA device is not more money than a Kodama. If you are using temp control I might go performance over Aesthetics. In power mode got $5-600 bucks the Kodama "looks" nicer.

I can use it at 125W. I just do not like anywhere near that much Vapor all over everything. 40W is more than enough for me. 18.7W that I landed on was a little weak. I would say this is fine at 60-70W. going to 120+W will guzzle your juice and damage your construction. Plus if you chain vape it will get smoking hot.

At like 4AM yesterday It literally flew out of my hand and slid across the floor. First thought was my typical luck. Although afaik it is completely unharmed. Perhaps Stabwood is actually strong. It looks very fragile. All in all I think the Kodama, right down to the battery terminals is way more robust than say a Paranormal. I imagine the metal V2 is just as strong. I am going to go out on a limb but I think this chip may prove to be more reliable than a DNA. If I did not kill them otherwise a DNA lasts about a Year or so. I have a feeling this is more like Yihi lasts 8+ years. Plus the aforementioned battery terminals on the Kodama blow away anything I have seen. I am not a fanboy yet but getting there. I am not feeling the need for another one just yet but give me a week :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DNA is better temp control. Power mode it is the same obviously. The Asmodus balances the batteries better. A usual DNA device is not more money than a Kodama. If you are using temp control I might go performance over Aesthetics. In power mode got $5-600 bucks the Kodama "looks" nicer.

I can use it at 125W. I just do not like anywhere near that much Vapor all over everything. 40W is more than enough for me. 18.7W that I landed on was a little weak. I would say this is fine at 60-70W. going to 120+W will guzzle your juice and damage your construction. Plus if you chain vape it will get smoking hot.

At like 4AM yesterday It literally flew out of my hand and slid across the floor. First thought was my typical luck. Although afaik it is completely unharmed. Perhaps Stabwood is actually strong. It looks very fragile. All in all I think the Kodama, right down to the battery terminals is way more robust than say a Paranormal. I imagine the metal V2 is just as strong. I am going to go out on a limb but I think this chip may prove to be more reliable than a DNA. If I did not kill them otherwise a DNA lasts about a Year or so. I have a feeling this is more like Yihi lasts 8+ years. Plus the aforementioned battery terminals on the Kodama blow away anything I have seen. I am not a fanboy yet but getting there. I am not feeling the need for another one just yet but give me a week :)
YiHi definitely last I agree. They blow most mods out of the water.
The Kodama is a waste of money though cos it's just same chip as the normal version. I'm not paying all that money just cos of materials.
I'd rather get a YiHi sx mini g class :)
I have a q mini on the way actually!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And btw no way do asmodus mods have same accuracy as a DNA. They do not perform the same in power mode and you probably don't have a device to test that

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Okay, just to be clear here, I did not ask the question about firmware updates for the Minikin because I am a TC fanatic (I'm not, though I use it occasionally). I ask, because I'm curious if the Minikin v2 got firmware upgrades to bring it up to par with the newer Colossal. I just want to keep options open.

As for DNA, I've got two devices with DNA75C (Therion BF) and DNA250 (Drone). Love them, but not because of the chip. I find the chip actually quite tedious to operate, especially the 75C. Even though I'm a tinkerer and can appreciate that DNA chips are praised for their accuracy and flexibility (escribe etc), in day to day use I want a responsive and easy menu. But anyway, DNA chips aren't the subject of this thread. ;)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, just to be clear here, I did not ask the question about firmware updates for the Minikin because I am a TC fanatic (I'm not, though I use it occasionally). I ask, because I'm curious if the Minikin v2 got firmware upgrades to bring it up to par with the newer Colossal. I just want to keep options open.

As for DNA, I've got two devices with DNA75C (Therion BF) and DNA250 (Drone). Love them, but not because of the chip. I find the chip actually quite tedious to operate, especially the 75C. Even though I'm a tinkerer and can appreciate that DNA chips are praised for their accuracy and flexibility (escribe etc), in day to day use I want a responsive and easy menu. But anyway, DNA chips aren't the subject of this thread. ;)
I need to look up this Colossal, I've not even heard of it but I love Asmodus mods so ill be looking it up :)

Lmao you don't say ;)

I don't actually use DNAs anyway cos I use what is simple and works.
I'd actually choose Minikin over a DNA device anyway.
I might actually get another in that sexy raw metal that was posted.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard one reviewer say that the newer (and smaller) Asmodus Colossal has a better menu and improved temp control. Do you guys know whether those improvements have been ported back to the Minikin v2 by means of a firmware update?

I'm really torn between the outstanding colour schemes (especially Rotten Metal) and added wattage headroom (which I will likely never use) of the Minikin v2 on one hand, and the practicality, size, and potentially improved chip/firmware of the Colossal on the other.

Difficult choices... admittedly luxury problems to have... :D

What wattage do you normally use? I'm guessing it's above 30w if you're even considering the extra wattage from the Minikin as a bonus. If that's the case, a single 18650 mod can hardly be called more practical. Whatever pocket-space is saved by the smaller Colossal will be negated by the extra batteries you have to carry everywhere.

Asmodus did add the Colossal's unlocking feature to the Minikin, I'd bet they improved Minikin's TC function if it was within the boards capabilities. That might be a worthwhile question to ask though. It's not too hard to give them a call.

I can say my new Minikin seems to work better than my first one in both SS316 and TCR mod. However, I am by no means a TC connoisseur.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Mikikin Reborn that does TC using TCR (SS430) fine. No idea if it is as smooth a line as my DNAs, but that's because the Asmodus have no monitor software to show what's going on.
Subjectively, my mouth knows exactly what this many watts at that temperature feels like from years of practice. The Reborn, DNAs, Revenger X, and Smoant Cylon all vape the same to me.
Build quality and features are where the differences are for me. I have not vaped a DNA in quite a while. The build quality of the mods the chips are put in has left me kinda 'Huh'. The DNA chips are great, the boxes they are installed in, not so much. Lost Vape Fan Club, save your breath.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What wattage do you normally use? I'm guessing it's above 30w if you're even considering the extra wattage from the Minikin as a bonus. If that's the case, a single 18650 mod can hardly be called more practical. Whatever pocket-space is saved by the smaller Colossal will be negated by the extra batteries you have to carry everywhere.

Asmodus did add the Colossal's unlocking feature to the Minikin, I'd bet they improved Minikin's TC function if it was within the boards capabilities. That might be a worthwhile question to ask though. It's not too hard to give them a call.

I can say my new Minikin seems to work better than my first one in both SS316 and TCR mod. However, I am by no means a TC connoisseur.

Thanks Minimag03!

I'm low wattage MTL right now. That's why the Colossal seems more practical, but the Minikin offers more headroom, if I ever want to dabble into DL territory. The main advantage would be (even) longer battery life and looks for the Minikin versus form factor/weight and newer (?) chip for the Colossal, if I had to choose between the two models.
I'm just really in love with the looks of the Minikin (Rotten Metal), but maybe the Colossal would be a more reasonable option. Just trying to find out as much as possible about the differences between the two. Not that I actually need either of them. Shinyitis and all... :)

But good idea giving them a call. Just thought that somebody might have both models, seeing that some people seem to have several Minikins!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you dial in the TCR 0.108 the TC is fine :)

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Minimag03!

I'm low wattage MTL right now. That's why the Colossal seems more practical, but the Minikin offers more headroom, if I ever want to dabble into DL territory. The main advantage would be (even) longer battery life and looks for the Minikin versus form factor/weight and newer (?) chip for the Colossal, if I had to choose between the two models.
I'm just really in love with the looks of the Minikin (Rotten Metal), but maybe the Colossal would be a more reasonable option. Just trying to find out as much as possible about the differences between the two. Not that I actually need either of them. Shinyitis and all... :)

But good idea giving them a call. Just thought that somebody might have both models, seeing that some people seem to have several Minikins!

The important portion of that statement is "right now" lol. It sounds like the rotten metal Minikin is the best option if you'd like a super reliable mod that can handle whatever you might throw at it (and look good while doing it lol). The Colossal cannot really offer that, with it's limited battery (and un-awesome paint job). If I were searching for a MTL mod, I'd try to find a device which excelled in that genre instead of trying to do two things at once like the Colossal.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of experience with DNA200/250. I would say the temp control is much smoother on the DNA. Power Mode is much closer but the DNA still wins. However a Yihi SX550J should beat the DNA in power mode. You Guy's gonna hate me but.... I have A Vicious Ant Knight. I was pretending I didn't to be humble. See to me looks are very important too. I know they mean nothing and I am very shallow. I just like them. Heck I collect high end drip tips. Get outaa heh! It is my money and should be up to me even if stupid. I am thankful for what I have and help others too. No I am not buying anyone a mod but I do give plenty charity. I guess like everyone like me I feel less guilty. On that note yes the SX Mini G Class is super but I do not think you could say the Knight detracts from it. Yes the Knight and Kodama are exactly the same but maybe appeal to a collectors market.

I do in fact like the SX550J better than DNA250. Plus the Mini, like my original mini should be here in years when all your DNA Mods are dead. Another nice thing is Yihi's no longer scratch up like the original. Going back to me being very shallow. I admit it but I never, ever did anything bad to someone.

I just thought of a perfect analogy condoning things like the Kodama and Knight. You can say why is one Porsche 911 $150,000 more than the other one? It is the same car right? Well it is mostly the same car but it has a much higher output motor. If that is worth it to someone depends on them. Another funny thing is I drive mostly under the speed limit and I just got a 2018 Nissan GTR Nismo. Plus even more mods. It is an 8 second car. I most likely will never floor it even for a fraction of a second. I just like having things that are considered "special". I guess I am just a typical shallow wealthy guy. I don't feel that way though. I did not really want to discuss it but I have made great contributions to Humanity. So even though I like flashy things I feel I good that I did well by others too.

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Right, caved in to my Shinyitis addiction and ordered the Minikin v2 in Rotten Metal. Could not resist. And while I was at it, had to purchase the critically acclaimed Innokin Ares MTL tank, too. Because.. why the heck not. :crazy: Now the worst part starts...waiting for delivery on Tuesday. :wait:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, caved in to my Shinyitis addiction and ordered the Minikin v2 in Rotten Metal. Could not resist. And while I was at it, had to purchase the critically acclaimed Innokin Ares MTL tank, too. Because.. why the heck not. :crazy: Now the worst part starts...waiting for delivery on Tuesday. :wait:
It's sexy isn't it?? I love my Minikin that much I'm thinking of getting the Rotten Metal one too! I'll probably end up with 6 Minikins to put different attys on.
I was going through loads of mods till I got this!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waiting for packages bothers me but what can you do, Depending where you live you will not find a huge selection locally.

This chip is not bad for an in house chip. I would say about like a Yihi sX350J2 which many custom Modders still use. It is not as good as a DNA but I wanted the Mod not the chip. Although for most people on the $40 one it should serve them fine. Heck Asmodus sells out $2,000 Mods with this chip I am fine with it. Not missing DNA. The Vicious Ant is really something but the Kodama Boost is very nice as well.

I kind of wondered if I should have taken the V2. The Kodama V2 is so lite it just felt weird. Plus it's shape kind of gets lost in my hand. It had very nice colors. It was also a LE in pink.

In Power this is fine. Temp it pulses. It does balance the batteries better, reads MAH automatically along with automatic resistance calculation. The DNA does none of those things. Just sayin'. For what counts it is better but this is good enough. I am not sure when I will be using Temp again anyways. All the new tanks are Kanthal. I do prefer temp but the Valyrian is much better than anything before it IMO. That is good because the Asmodus chip is much better in Power mode. Everyone is pushing the DNA75C and it is not very good at all so just goes to show. I don't think a lot of people care about the chip. Especially at the high end which is odd.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You made the right move man. When I get the insatiable itch to buy a new mod or tank, I now limit myself to something that I know I'll enjoy. No more random items that look cool. Too many times I have bought something on a whim, believing it would fill a niche in my vaping arsenal, only to be completely underwhelmed and poorer to boot.

And the waiting period has always been a mixture of high expectations of awesome vape stuff and fear that I won't get to the package first, at which point I have to justifiably hear "You bought ANOTHER (fill in the blank), don't you have like 6 of those already?!?" .

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done a lot of research on the chip including my own tests. The Mods such as the Minikin are just a bargain. It actually belongs in Mods like the Kodama. So it is not just the same thing for more money because it looks nicer. Many Modders use this chip in their high end Mods. It appears to be similar to a SX350J-2 which is a fine chip. It does not offer the tune ability of the DNA. Nothing else does. If that is what someone wants get a DNA. There are reasons to get an Asmodus or Yihi. Namely in most cases their lifespan is many years more than a DNA. I have here many dead DNA and a Yihi beat to heck 3x their age that functions fine. Same can be expected from Asmodus apparently. On the one hand they went to the trouble to make their own chip which costs Millions to do. Instead of just use a Yihi. Interestingly on the 155W they rate the efficiency lower than the DNA250. I and others find it is about the same. The ramp in power is much nicer than Preheat IMO and many others agree. The board is built to Mil-Spec with very high quality power converters. It even accounts for parts aging. It automatically calculates the run time and atomizer resistance. The DNA does none of this. I guess it depends if you wish to vape or tinker. I cannot say outright that the DNA is a better chip. It is simply different. Offereing a different host of features. Asmodus, like Yihi ent for longevity. Whereas Evolv went for features.

So if you are buying one of the $50 metal Minikin, rest assured you are getting a bargain. Furthermore it is certainly up to the level of a Stabwood mod. I am by no means bashing Evolv. I am simply saying this is a very good chip as well. It is not some "bargain" option. In fact, it cost Asmodus a fortune to tool up for manufacture of this chip. I doubt they anticipated selling enough that is somehow became more cost effective for them. Rather, I believe they felt they had a viable option. It is by no means cheap. In quality or otherwise. I am not defending it either. I am just saying it is fine in it's own right. I would certainly not say it is bad. The DNA75C is not nearly as good however. Most seek the Dicodes which is more akin to the Asmodus than the DNA. The notion that Evolv is the be all, end all is incorrect IMO. This is right at home in Asmodus' $2,000 Mods they regularly sell out in 5 hours. I think that speaks volumes right there. All I am saying really is that the chip is indeed up to snuff IMO. It is a great bargain in a $50 Mod and right at home in a $2,000 Mod alike. Many may disagree simply because of what they have come to know. Actually dig into technical data and do your own testing I would suggest. Before you come to the automatic conclusion that Evolv is much better from "what you have come to know". The good point for everyone is that in the $50 Mods you are getting a very capable chip. You certainly did not "settle" due to price constraints. It is absolutely fine. Just not the same thing. Kind of like Chevy Vs. Toyota. Just completely different but neither "bad" or lesser than the other.

I researched this because I was concerned they had put a junk chip in very expensive Mods. It is not the case. They just offer different feature sets. The Asmodus actually being better built and thus should prove to last longer.

minimag, this is especially true with Asmodus' limited editions. If you want it, get your money together because they sell out in hours. Someone is buying them and is not worried about the chip either apparently.

I apologize if you consider this post a "wall" of text. I just wanted to point out that you all have something good, by no means second rate. I was positive this was not the case but set out to find the real answer. Just hoping I was wrong and alas, I was. Good stuff.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And here we go. FINALLY it's here :)

DSC_0098.JPG

I quite like the Innokin Ares too so far, actually.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
And here we go. FINALLY it's here :)

DSC_0098.JPG

I quite like the Innokin Ares too so far, actually.
Wow the Girt(rotten) looks awesome- be careful the Minikin V2 can become addicting- I found myself buying the other colors LOL!
I am glad you are liking the Ares tank too- looks like a awesome combo for you!
Congrats

:stars2:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love smoant so really want one. Is that the ijoy combo??
That's the I Joy Limitless Plus... It's 25mm and holds 6.5ml .... The minikin self destroys in a 3 foot drop ....
The Smoant Cylon Fires a .08 ohm pair of 4 core aliens at 85 watts immediately.... You touch the button and Fire... No Shit......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like that style, like G-class check out Vicious Ant Knight. Awesome but big bucks.

Well, I want his LE Kodama V2 now too. At first I liked the Boost better but I think they are both good. The issue is not the price but the ride at my age and health. I guess if I want it that bad I can call an executive car. He had them a long time but they are sold out so I better make up my mind. It is in a rough neighborhood at a smoke shop so may not be going anywhere but only takes one other guy like me to snatch it.

I am going to say as far as stabwood goes the Kodama are fairly priced. I hope I debunked the chip. It is actually not one of those things you say the price is grossly inflated IMO. As for the regular one, well it is a great bargain. You are getting very good quality there. You do not hear a lot of complaints about Asmodus and they are indeed a good company. Heck, they answer their phone. Please do not call them unless it is something serious. I like that they offer all price ranges. Notice though they all have the same chip. For in house chips they did good quite frankly. They are highly sought after with some Modders. The interesting thing is you will find Evolv in almost none of the highest end Mods. Certainly not bashing them though.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like that style, like G-class check out Vicious Ant Knight. Awesome but big bucks.

Well, I want his LE Kodama V2 now too. At first I liked the Boost better but I think they are both good. The issue is not the price but the ride at my age and health. I guess if I want it that bad I can call an executive car. He had them a long time but they are sold out so I better make up my mind. It is in a rough neighborhood at a smoke shop so may not be going anywhere but only takes one other guy like me to snatch it.

I am going to say as far as stabwood goes the Kodama are fairly priced. I hope I debunked the chip. It is actually not one of those things you say the price is grossly inflated IMO. As for the regular one, well it is a great bargain. You are getting very good quality there. You do not hear a lot of complaints about Asmodus and they are indeed a good company. Heck, they answer their phone. Please do not call them unless it is something serious. I like that they offer all price ranges. Notice though they all have the same chip. For in house chips they did good quite frankly. They are highly sought after with some Modders. The interesting thing is you will find Evolv in almost none of the highest end Mods. Certainly not bashing them though.
My minikin the batteries are loose. Not impressed cos I have cheaper mods with no issues

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the I Joy Limitless Plus... It's 25mm and holds 6.5ml .... The minikin self destroys in a 3 foot drop ....
The Smoant Cylon Fires a .08 ohm pair of 4 core aliens at 85 watts immediately.... You touch the button and Fire... No Shit......
Definitely sounds good!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked it so much I got the Kodama 2 as well. Although I do prefer the high polish finish.

I just happen to have the equipment to test this stuff. Agilent, HP etc. You would be surprised about this chip. In some areas it is nearly as good as the DNA and in others it even slightly surpasses it! It is a very competent chip. Many in house chips simply do not have the money to compete. They couldn't exactly stick this in their $2,000 Mods. Or even $400 and $600 ones I got. After I reverse engineered the data on the chip it appears this actually may very well be from Yihi. No huge debate because I am not absolutely sure but I have a good Idea. Especially since it is unlikely they had the money to develop this. Generally in house chips are very sloppy on the scopes and harmonics generator. This looks like something I have oddly seen before including the data. I couldn't say for sure though.

The Minikiins are very good $50 mods. The Kodamas are high end mods. Having the same chip means nothing it is up to snuff. Consider the Minikin a bargain then. I think due to he chip and overall quality a very good mod for $50 vs. all the competition. In real use in power mode I feel no difference from any of the best chips. In Temp the DNA will beat it some but the issue is I find the DNA has about a 1 year life. Yihi and not saying it is can easily last 10 years. No, it is not the DNA in temp but it is close and will generally greatly outlast it. Just imo, ymmv.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My minikin the batteries are loose. Not impressed cos I have cheaper mods with no issues
What happened to the batteries and the Minikin V2 and why are they loose?
I have no problems with any of mine so far and have been using most since Feb 2017- did the magnets fall out? Or Loose in the sled? Sorry you are having problems with the V2, maybe FB Asmodus messenger about it.
Did you get the Asvape Cobra Tank yet?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What happened to the batteries and the Minikin V2 and why are they loose?
I have no problems with any of mine so far and have been using most since Feb 2017- did the magnets fall out? Or Loose in the sled? Sorry you are having problems with the V2, maybe FB Asmodus messenger about it.
Did you get the Asvape Cobra Tank yet?
I put in new batteries and it's fine now. Apparently the positive of my batteries was being pushed in. They are quite old batteries so makes sense & yes I did it was an alright little tank. It's ideal for my aegis cos can vape it at 30 watts and get a full day off a 26650 :)

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
I've heard one reviewer say that the newer (and smaller) Asmodus Colossal has a better menu and improved temp control. Do you guys know whether those improvements have been ported back to the Minikin v2 by means of a firmware update?

I'm really torn between the outstanding colour schemes (especially Rotten Metal) and added wattage headroom (which I will likely never use) of the Minikin v2 on one hand, and the practicality, size, and potentially improved chip/firmware of the Colossal on the other.

Difficult choices... admittedly luxury problems to have... :D

Sorry, late to the party/new to the forum!

IMG_7681.JPG

I have both minikin 2 and colossal.

The menu systems are very different. I've only had the colossal a few days. A few things I have noticed so far, I feel the TC works better on the minikin v2, although I really need to put a few more builds on the colossalto say that with conviction. Also I get weak battery quite early on with the colossal, kicking in when the battery is about 3.8. Again, early days, so need to play with it more.

The menu system on the colossal takes a little getting used to but boy is it much more clever than the minikin one.

It's my understanding that the firmware doesn't change the minikin to match the colossal, but I can't upgrade mine because it needs windows and I'm a Mac gal.

The colossal is a gorgeous, quality mod. It's small, but it's not tiny, handles 25mm tanks happily.

Having said that, if you made me pick just one of them, it would be the minikin over the colossal, personally.

Someone mentioned that the minikin is already a year old, ancient in vape years, but I would argue it was ahead of the curve, in that it does everything it needs to do and it does it pretty much flawlessly. I don't see any innovation in mods that had come out since its release that makes it dated. Unless you need a bawdy color screen and flashing lights (Smok, I'm looking at you!!)

The newest Asmodus mod has a flashlight and HANDS FREE infra red swiping through the menu system. I'll be sticking with my minikin lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 102537

The menu systems are very different. I've only had the colossal a few days. A few things I have noticed so far, I feel the TC works better on the minikin v2, although I really need to put a few more builds on the colossalto say that with conviction. Also I get weak battery quite early on with the colossal, kicking in when the battery is about 3.8. Again, early days, so need to play with it more.

The menu system on the colossal takes a little getting used to but boy is it much more clever than the minikin one.

It's my understanding that the firmware doesn't change the minikin to match the colossal, but I can't upgrade mine because it needs windows and I'm a Mac gal.

The colossal is a gorgeous, quality mod. It's small, but it's not tiny, handles 25mm tanks happily.

Having said that, if you made me pick just one of them, it would be the minikin over the colossal, personally.

Someone mentioned that the minikin is already a year old, ancient in vape years, but I would argue it was ahead of the curve, in that it does everything it needs to do and it does it pretty much flawlessly. I don't see any innovation in mods that had come out since its release that makes it dated. Unless you need a bawdy color screen and flashing lights (Smok, I'm looking at you!!)

The newest Asmodus mod has a flashlight and HANDS FREE infra red swiping through the menu system. I'll be sticking with my minikin lol!

That rubberised feeling is so good in the hand and I love purple mods!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, careful, that kind of talk will get me all excited!

Lol but seriously, yes, the coating feels so nice and I'm amazed it t isn't showing any wear! Sorry, I'm being such a fanGirl! Gonna stop talking now!

Lmao really? ? ;)

And the Minikin is an amazing mod. It's my favourite one. I only have two mods I use daily at the minute. One of them is the Minikin and the other is the Tesla WYE. I love triangular mods rather than boxy mods or ones like the alien.
They are the most ergonomic to me. I don't have small hands so I find my RevengerX uncomfortable too hold!
The Tesla also has a lovely texture. It's plastic but doesn't feel cheap (looking at you Revenger) vaporesso mods are usually better built

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

View attachment 102537

Thanks for that reply Vapellie! Never too late :) And welcome from newbie to newbie :cheers:

After having the Minikin for a few days now, I cannot find anything negative with it at all. Absolutely love it! That said, the Colossal is likely to end up in my shopping cart very soon too. How is it weight wise? I'm looking for something compact to handle 24mm tanks with grace - meaning that it is a quality mod, which looks and feels the part, while still portable enough for a couple of hours out and about. The Minikin is a fantastic desk/office/home mod, but a little bit slimmer/lighter brother would be perfect on the go.

Regarding the Minikin's "age"... laughable, especially when pitted against flashlights, colour screens, infrared sensors and other nonsense! But I'm sure we'll soon see mods that can show your twitter feed or print your puff statistics wirelessly :crazy:

Does anyone know if other colour schemes are planned for the Colossal? Right now, I'm in favour of the grey one, but only because there isn't a silver option.

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that reply Vapellie! Never too late :) And welcome from newbie to newbie :cheers:

After having the Minikin for a few days now, I cannot find anything negative with it at all. Absolutely love it! That said, the Colossal is likely to end up in my shopping cart very soon too. How is it weight wise? I'm looking for something compact to handle 24mm tanks with grace - meaning that it is a quality mod, which looks and feels the part, while still portable enough for a couple of hours out and about. The Minikin is a fantastic desk/office/home mod, but a little bit slimmer/lighter brother would be perfect on the go.

Regarding the Minikin's "age"... laughable, especially when pitted against flashlights, colour screens, infrared sensors and other nonsense! But I'm sure we'll soon see mods that can show your twitter feed or print your puff statistics wirelessly :crazy:

Does anyone know if other colour schemes are planned for the Colossal? Right now, I'm in favour of the grey one, but only because there isn't a silver option.

Thank you @lucifah for the welcome!

Yes, my minikin stays home, it's too precious to risk the great outdoors, plus I seldom take dual battery mods out and about, which was exactly why I bought the colossal.

Size is small but not tiny. It is only a fraction taller than an 18650 (actually it's the same height as the minion), it's hard to do it justice with photos, but it would definitely be pocket friendly. I don't know how long you been vaping, but size wise it reminds me of the evic mini.

Weight is... It's nice lol! It's not plastic, it's metal, so it gives it a nice solid feel to it. I'm not into heavy mods, and this isn't heavy, just... Solid!

The glossy metal coating feels very nice and I'm sure the paintwork will tolerate some beating if the minikin is anything to go by. And it is so comfortable to hold, the back has these subtle ridges where your fingers go presumably to enhance your grip.

There's only one flaw I can see: I bought this to be my out-and-about vape. But it is so so pretty I would hate to get it damaged or lose it, I'm a little nervous about taking it out!

That, and I want ALL the colours! And all the ones they haven't released yet but I'm sure they will (oooh that rainbow!)

23cf419ca1f6363c3e5c77221cbe212a.jpg
b3ed8abfbbb3677b436ff8bdba9d5c56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks again @Vapellie :)
I've not been vaping very long, but I've got an Evic Primo Mini, which I bought in a big box of used items. Not in a good condition though, that one. It's about the size/feel I'm looking for, though. Ideally in Asmodus build quality. :) So the Colossal walks right into my shopping cart as soon as I can get hold of one in grey (for now). It'll replace the Voopoo Newbie as my out and about device, then. (I like the chip and the size, but I cannot stand Voopoo's designs. Got it as part of the used parts box, as well.)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again @Vapellie :)
I've not been vaping very long, but I've got an Evic Primo Mini, which I bought in a big box of used items. Not in a good condition though, that one. It's about the size/feel I'm looking for, though. Ideally in Asmodus build quality. :) So the Colossal walks right into my shopping cart as soon as I can get hold of one in grey (for now). It'll replace the Voopoo Newbie as my out and about device, then. (I like the chip and the size, but I cannot stand Voopoo's designs. Got it as part of the used parts box, as well.)
Yeah voopoo mods are good quality but ugly!

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
Uh oh, I've only been here a day or so and already I'm emptying pockets, sorry/not sorry @lucifah you'll not regret it, I promise!

Ya @SkoldVape I kind of feel. I'm missing something at the moment with the design of mods. Not seeing very many lookers out on the market. Probably no bad thing, my vape collection needs to shrink rather than grow, I've only got 2 hands and one mouth!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uh oh, I've only been here a day or so and already I'm emptying pockets, sorry/not sorry @lucifah you'll not regret it, I promise!

Ya @SkoldVape I kind of feel. I'm missing something at the moment with the design of mods. Not seeing very many lookers out on the market. Probably no bad thing, my vape collection needs to shrink rather than grow, I've only got 2 hands and one mouth!

I hear ya. Started selling some of mine!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

View attachment 102537

Hi and Welcome to the Asmodus Minikin Club!
Love all 5 of mine- the 3 Minikin V2 and the 2 Minikin V1.5 are both awesome little mods . Now I want to try some Asmodus tanks to go along with them.
The Asmodus Lustro is the next one for my collection- just waiting for better colors to come out!
http://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Lustro-200W-Box-Mod-p/asmodus-lustro-200w.htm
I am pretty much into the dual battery mods.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hi and Welcome to the Asmodus Minikin Club!
Love all 5 of mine- the 3 Minikin V2 and the 2 Minikin V1.5 are both awesome little mods . Now I want to try some Asmodus tanks to go along with them.
The Asmodus Lustro is the next one for my collection- just waiting for better colors to come out!
http://www.asmodus.com/asMODus-Lustro-200W-Box-Mod-p/asmodus-lustro-200w.htm
I am pretty much into the dual battery mods.

The Lustro is a concept I don't get... Infrared to operate it without touching? What next? Vape it without sucking? :idea:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Lustro is a concept I don't get... Infrared to operate it without touching? What next? Vape it without sucking? :idea:
Or activate it without pushing a button- LOL!

Vapellie

Member For 4 Years
Ya, don't think that one's for me, I'm too on the fence. While my minikin and colossal were love at first sight.
I'd probably spend the money and get another minikin instead! My fire button has lost its click, probably too much juice dribbled behind it!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have been following this thread and ended up ordering the Minikin 2 over the weekend. I have not bought a new mod in over a year! I am looking forward to its arrival!

I think you will really like the Minkin V2-
What color did you order?

2buildawall

Member For 4 Years
The color was called grit. I think it is the raw color? I am hoping it has the rubberized finish but on second look I don't believe it does. I have the original minikin and I really like the fit, finish, and performance. Thanks!

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The color was called grit. I think it is the raw color? I am hoping it has the rubberized finish but on second look I don't believe it does. I have the original minikin and I really like the fit, finish, and performance. Thanks!

Grit is also sold as Rotten Metal (or vice versa). My picture earlier shows that one. It's a metal finish.

VU Sponsors