jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Since @Heaven Gifts was nice enough to send me a prize for the Artery Nugget contest and the terms asked for a review. You get one very unscientific review of said Artery Nugget and some goofiness.

Here is what you get in the box.
brdkm06.png

1- Artery Nugget mod
1- AT 22 atomizer
2- Coils
1- Spare Glass
Spare o-ring kit and some paper work

This thing is tiny. It is almost exactly the size of my COV Mini Volt which is welcome because I dropped that down a stairwell and it no longer works. This will be a suitable replacement.

I spent a lot of time playing games with this thing putting different atty's on it (so much in fact my wife started making fun of me before claiming the AT-22)

Here it is with some atty's for perspective.
S5lIuJu.png

rENpCj8.png

9BYEMx5.png

QAJzjPp.png

WxS7lmw.png

iNC1rHn.png

Gi3IIMC.png

For an 18350 battery this is a cool little 50 watt stealth vape device. Would I want it as my primary? Nope. I want this to throw in my pocket when riding my bike, or out doing something where pocket space is limited and I am willing to sacrifice power and run time for a smaller footprint.

At a reasonable and modest .4 ohms on a Wasp Nano RDTA I was able to get about an hour of regular usage at 42 watts. Same for the AT-22 and the stock coil that came with it at 40 watts. The lowest build tried was .22 Ohms w/ 20G Kanthal A1 (Dual Coil) on a Mason dump tank at 50 watts and drained it to a blinking indicator in 13 minutes.

The menu is immediately familiar if you have ever used a regulated mod in your life. The learning curve is about 2 minutes and getting it setup from first charge to first to first use is 3 minutes. I do not use TC so it wasn't tested but power (watt mode) and bypass worked as advertised and the Ohm meter is accurate according to my Ohm meters.

The display is easy to read, the language has no weird wording or goofiness and all button clicks are positive and responsive. The mod itself has a good build quality and if the cell inside it is of a good quality it will likely be a decent option for a tiny stealth vape device (I intend to do a tear down in a week or so. Its still too new).

It has a pretty low key look to it as far as the current generation of mods is concerned. The first word that popped into my head when thinking about it was retro, the second was boombox. Not sure why. The fit and finish is clean and I suspect the screws are hidden under the chrome bezels on the side since it is super clean with none of the fasteners showing anywhere.

The AT-22 I suspect is a Smok inspired or possibly rebranded product. It feels like one, it breathes a bit like one and the coils are strikingly similar.

wI62RX5.png

I did not have any Smok coils on hand to test against but it is good to know others will likely fit in case these cant be ordered or found. After my wife puffed on it for a little while she claimed it as her own.

The AT-22 itself is small and has a 2ml volume, it doesn't leak and works as advertised (it may not be a Smok product on second thought). It produces good flavor as low as 25 watts on the included coil and produces good satisfying clouds over 30 watts. Its a decent tank but it belongs to the wife now. It will be missed.

Overall I think this is a cool product if you have the right expectations.

This is a tiny device with a small battery, so you will not be chain vaping on this all day long at 50 watts. If you need something for stealth vaping, outdoor excursions where you just need to vape periodically or the one you hide behind your coffee cup when people walk by, it has a place.

The only thing negative to say is I feel it is overpriced by about $15 for the kit.

More info, all the technical stuff and shopping cart to put it in can be found here.

Thanks again @Heaven Gifts

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice review jwill. :vino:

I can see the nugget being useful for running around town doing errands where the user can sit the nugget in the cup holder and due to it's short stature and boxy shape, should remain upright.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Nice review jwill. :vino:

I can see the nugget being useful for running around town doing errands where the user can sit the nugget in the cup holder and due to it's short stature and boxy shape, should remain upright.

I used it for just that today may crack it open next week and see what I can do with the battery to edge some more life out of it. I have a box of 18350 batteries so may solder in a stronger cell.

VU Sponsors