Become a Patron!

Artemis notes on Flavorah Tobacco flavorings & other Flavorah flavors

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really love Hangsen and Inawera but branching out with Flavorah brand. I'm not disappointed.

First flavor:Tatanka mixed at 2.5% 60pg/40vg. I am a flavor seeker so used a 1.3ohm coil on a kayfun 5.
The flavor top notes are pipe/Marlboro with a light touch of caramel. I'm thinking (my taste) it is a variation of a ry4 blend but not sweet. I'll revisit this flavor again.

Feel free to add your notes here in regards to Flavorah tobacco flavorings.

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah Arabian 1.0 build on Kayfun 5 mixed at 2.5% The tobacco(Turkish/camel type) taste is dry The spice is mostly clove but a winner on this blend. It is the main flavor but balanced with a small hint of nut. It almost taste like Hangsen DJrum but smoother and less sweet. The flavor does beat Hangsen so far.

Flavorah Sweet cigarette: If you like sweet this is for you. Vanilla is the main player in this flavoring The tobacco notes are minimized due to the vanilla that overpowers the blend. I can taste a hint of caramel. It is sweet so this flavor may be encouraging to those who love sweet vapes.

Edit: The Flavorah Arabian (using a 1.6 nautilus coil/plato) The clove is still there but less pronounced. The tobacco/slightly nutty comes out more. With this set up it does taste better. I might play around with different battery/tank set ups. The point I'm suggesting is that different coils/set ups can improve or diminish a flavor. Don't give up! Mix and repeat. :)

P.S. I only MTL so the flavor may be different using low ohms/higher watts.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice job, honey! You got me curious on a tobacco, which hasn't happened in a long time!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought quite a few tobaccos today from BCF sale. I have a Flavorah cured tobacco that I plan on posting notes soon-ish. (I'm slow).

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
THanks for this @Artemis. I was just looking over flavors to start DIYing and it really is a help to see how others perceive these things. I have a strange sense of taste, maybe a supertaster? What one tastes as cream, I taste as grease. lol I might be interested in something perceived as clove, though. Hopefully, I taste the same. lol
I feel so embarrassed in vape shops when they give me something "good, and everyone likes" and I am all grossed out by weird notes and stuff. :blech:

Tobaccos have been tasting as perfumy and unnatural to me. I really would love a tobacco vape but can not find one that doesn't taste like a perfume to me. :cuss2:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
THanks for this @Artemis. I was just looking over flavors to start DIYing and it really is a help to see how others perceive these things. I have a strange sense of taste, maybe a supertaster? What one tastes as cream, I taste as grease. lol I might be interested in something perceived as clove, though. Hopefully, I taste the same. lol
I feel so embarrassed in vape shops when they give me something "good, and everyone likes" and I am all grossed out by weird notes and stuff. :blech:

Tobaccos have been tasting as perfumy and unnatural to me. I really would love a tobacco vape but can not find one that doesn't taste like a perfume to me. :cuss2:
What type of tobacco profile are you leaning towards?

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the non perfume type, then I can go from there. It seems as if all of them taste and smell like perfume to me! I might have to go to NTA or even WTA.
I really don't know what my problem is other than the awful taste I get from tobacco flavorings I get at vape shops. I have been vaping vanilla custards and such, but would love a tobacco that actually tastes like that to me.

I am resolved that it might not be possible without actually vaping natural tobacco flavors, but it would cost me...

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the non perfume type, then I can go from there. It seems as if all of them taste and smell like perfume to me! I might have to go to NTA or even WTA.
I really don't know what my problem is other than the awful taste I get from tobacco flavorings I get at vape shops. I have been vaping vanilla custards and such, but would love a tobacco that actually tastes like that to me.

I am resolved that it might not be possible without actually vaping natural tobacco flavors, but it would cost me...
I felt the same way back in 2011. Most tobacco flavors tasted like Granny perfume (think Tabu). Right now I like Hangsen, some Inawera and trying out Flavorah.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a tobacco flavor that will go into a MTL tank for when I really need a smoke. For some reason, I still like it when I smell the cigarettes being smoked. The after smoked smell is very disgusting, though. Like whe one stays the night in a house where someone smokes and brings all their crap home. It is awful!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just tried Cinnamon Roll at 2.5% 60/40 and its weak so far. I'm going to remix at 4%. Right now I can taste a light creamy taste but WTF the cinnamon is lacking so far. Off to mix. I really want a decent Cinnamon Roll.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just tried Cinnamon Roll at 2.5% 60/40 and its weak so far. I'm going to remix at 4%. Right now I can taste a light creamy taste but WTF the cinnamon is lacking so far. Off to mix. I really want a decent Cinnamon Roll.

Can FLV be right when they suggest 3-5%? :eek:
( http://www.flavorah.com/safety/ )

The Toffee, Biscotti and Bourbon stand alones I mixed on 2-21 @ 2% all seemed weak to me. The Fig @ 2% was also seemed weak and had more of a honey flavor.

All new flavors to me and I guess it's necessary to start somewhere. (and on the low as opposed to the high side) :)

I wasn't really expecting any of them to shine as a standalone.

Ron
---
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."- George S. Patton

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can FLV be right when they suggest 3-5%? :eek:
( http://www.flavorah.com/safety/ )

The Toffee, Biscotti and Bourbon stand alones I mixed on 2-21 @ 2% all seemed weak to me. The Fig @ 2% was also seemed weak and had more of a honey flavor.

All new flavors to me and I guess it's necessary to start somewhere. (and on the low as opposed to the high side) :)

I wasn't really expecting any of them to shine as a standalone.

Ron
---
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."- George S. Patton
IDK but I mixed the Grape at 2.5% and it's perfect. I think a few of their flavors are weak such as the Cinnamon Roll. I will usually try a flavor solo to see if it needs any enhancing. The Grape is like a Concord grape juice with enough sweetness. What I enjoy about Flavorah is that the flavorings is suspended in Pg/Ethyl alcohol which makes melding a simple feat.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a lover of sweet e liquids but I'm taste testing everything I make for the family. This one is Vanilla Pudding. Mixed at 3.5% 50/50. So far it's the most tolerable Vanilla Pudding like flavoring I have tried. It's very light on the Vanilla (which is a plus for me) and does have a creamy background I will have to make more since I vaped my sample already.

I'm wondering where the sweetness is coming from? Unless its the RTS VG I'm using.

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah Strawberry Creme mixed at 3% 50/50
A medium strawberry taste. Similar to Inawera Sweet strawberry. The creme is light so far. The only negative thing so far is the ethyl alcohol used. Flavorah suspends the flavor molecules in pg and ethyl. In this blend it is highly noted. I have a small sample I'm vaping. Its okay so far. I'll mix more soon and leave the cap off on this one.

Flavorah apple pie filling and fried dough. I was really excited to try this one. I vaped about 7 hits (it was super delicious) and my tank decided to empty. My sample was the entire tank. I'll have to mix this one again. Crappy luck with tanks these days.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah Marshmallow treat: This one is so disappointing. I mixed it at 3.5% 50/50. The taste is weak. I think they forgot to add the molecules on this one. I don't think this one is vapable stand alone. It has sweetness but lacks an actual rice/marshmallow/vanilla flavor. I might mix again at 5% Sadly, It doesn't interest me anymore. It might be usable in a blend. However, cheaper brands like FA and Capella for a marshmallow effect/adjunct. I sent a sample bottle to bro and SIL for their review.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Next flavor: Flavorah Turkish Tobacco mixed at 2% 50/50 blend. This one grows on me. Right now the tobacco notes are light with a definite cedar note. Has a bit of an ash as well. I made 60ml of this. I come back to this if the profile changes. I really like it. The only negative is that it could be toned down on sweetness.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Next flavor: Flavorah Turkish Tobacco mixed at 2% 50/50 blend. This one grows on me. Right now the tobacco notes are light with a definite cedar note. Has a bit of an ash as well. I made 60ml of this. I come back to this if the profile changes. I really like it. The only negative is that it could be toned down on sweetness.
Do you have or have you tried the cookie dough? I have been trying to find an authentic one, and only heard a couple people give feedback. 2 said it was wonderful, and 2 said it was just generic sweetness that developed maple flavor at higher percentages. Would love your opinions.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have or have you tried the cookie dough? I have been trying to find an authentic one, and only heard a couple people give feedback. 2 said it was wonderful, and 2 said it was just generic sweetness that developed maple flavor at higher percentages. Would love your opinions.
I think I have the cookie dough. I will look tomorrow. Just got in from work....

Edit: Just checked it was cupcake batter. I do want to get the cookie dough.

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think a few of their flavors are weak such as the Cinnamon Roll.
Yeah. I mixed this up to 5% for my wife. Cinnamon rolls are her favorite. This flavor gets weak with high nic. I then tried it at roughly 3.2% on a lung hitter at 3mg. Better, but nothing fantastic. Kinda thin and way too sweet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. I mixed this up to 5% for my wife. Cinnamon rolls are her favorite. This flavor gets weak with high nic. I then tried it at roughly 3.2% on a lung hitter at 3mg. Better, but nothing fantastic. Kinda thin and way too sweet.
I'm mixing at 2mg/mL. I'll remember to bump up to 5% on this one. I might have to play with some other cinnamon type flavors with this one.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm mixing at 2mg/mL. I'll remember to bump up to 5% on this one. I might have to play with some other cinnamon type flavors with this one.
I added a couple of drops of Donuts to the Cinnamon Roll. What a huge difference adding bread notes to it. Maybe try some Fried Dough ?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I added a couple of drops of Donuts to the Cinnamon Roll. What a huge difference adding bread notes to it. Maybe try some Fried Dough ?
Sounds good. I'm also thinking Apple fritter: using a bit of the Flavorah Apple filling. The family went goo goo over the Apple filling/fried dough I mixed. Now I have to mix more.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah commercial cigarette. Mixed at 2% 50/50 (2mg/ml nic content). Ashy medium flavor tobacco flavor. Too sweet. I don't understand the sweetness added to the tobacco flavors. It kills the flavor.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone tried the Horchata and if so what did you think? Looking for one that has a bit more rice than TFA Horchata Smooth. I like it a lot, just need that tiny bit more :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Flavorah Arabian 1.0 build on Kayfun 5 mixed at 2.5% The tobacco(Turkish/camel type) taste is dry The spice is mostly clove but a winner on this blend. It is the main flavor but balanced with a small hint of nut. It almost taste like Hangsen DJrum but smoother and less sweet. The flavor does beat Hangsen so far.

Flavorah Sweet cigarette: If you like sweet this is for you. Vanilla is the main player in this flavoring The tobacco notes are minimized due to the vanilla that overpowers the blend. I can taste a hint of caramel. It is sweet so this flavor may be encouraging to those who love sweet vapes.

Edit: The Flavorah Arabian (using a 1.6 nautilus coil/plato) The clove is still there but less pronounced. The tobacco/slightly nutty comes out more. With this set up it does taste better. I might play around with different battery/tank set ups. The point I'm suggesting is that different coils/set ups can improve or diminish a flavor. Don't give up! Mix and repeat. :)

P.S. I only MTL so the flavor may be different using low ohms/higher watts.

So you think this would be tasty to someone who likes Camel cigarettes? I'll soon need to start making ejuice for my son, and that's always been his favorite brand. I can't find much info about Inawera's various flavors that *might* please someone who prefers this flavor, so I started looking around, and found your thread/post here.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you think this would be tasty to someone who likes Camel cigarettes? I'll soon need to start making ejuice for my son, and that's always been his favorite brand. I can't find much info about Inawera's various flavors that *might* please someone who prefers this flavor, so I started looking around, and found your thread/post here.

Andria
Inawera has some decent tobacco absolutes. The taste does surpass flavorah in real flavor/less sweet. I really love the Cuban and Garuda is good too.

The Arabian could work at 1%. However, for the price I believe the Inawera or my personal favorite Hangsen has more bang for the buck.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Inawera has some decent tobacco absolutes. The taste does surpass flavorah in real flavor/less sweet. I really love the Cuban and Garuda is good too.

The Arabian could work at 1%. However, for the price I believe the Inawera or my personal favorite Hangsen has more bang for the buck.

Well, I had planned on using some INW tobacco absolute; I have the Virginia TA -- never could get any sort of answer from ANYONE about what "garuda" actually IS. Also I have some Dirty Neutral Base from INW, which I understand makes a tobacco vape more cigarette-ish. And also probably some Bitter Wizard, which counters the natural sweetness of a vape to something more bitter like smoke.

But which Inw did you mean, that would be better than the Flavorah? On my wishlist, I have "turkish" tobacco, and "Tab for Camel."

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

P.S. I have more Flavorah tobaccos to mix . I'm lacking motivation due to the sweetener they add to these flavors. For sweet flavors its awesome to have flavors that are sweetened but not tobacco.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
never could get any sort of answer from ANYONE about what "garuda" actually IS

Seem to remember it was a bit like a cigar flavor but it was quite some time ago.
Only tried it once cause I didn't like it...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
P.S. I have more Flavorah tobaccos to mix . I'm lacking motivation due to the sweetener they add to these flavors. For sweet flavors its awesome to have flavors that are sweetened but not tobacco.

Does their Arabian have sweetener? If so, I may not try that; there ain't nothin' sweet about Camel cigarettes! But you said it was a 'dry' vape, and that's EXACTLY what I always disliked about Camel cigs, they're so damn dry.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inawera Garuda is more of a fresh tobacco taste with a hint of ash. The Arabian has the common flavorah sweetener in it. Not as bad as the others but its still there.

It's been a long time since I tried a Camel cigarette. Its a blend of Turkish/Virginia tobacco. Did you like the Virginia TA?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying flavorah Turkish tobacco today. Mixed at 2% 50/50 (2mg/mL).This flavor is closer to a camel than the Arabian. @AndriaD This one might be something to research. I'll send you a sample. I think I'm going to bump up my pg blend to help off set the sweetness in my blends.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Inawera Garuda is more of a fresh tobacco taste with a hint of ash. The Arabian has the common flavorah sweetener in it. Not as bad as the others but its still there.

It's been a long time since I tried a Camel cigarette. Its a blend of Turkish/Virginia tobacco. Did you like the Virginia TA?

Hmm.. it's really hard to say if I like it; I really dislike the taste of any cigarettes anymore; I use the Virginia TA in my "Smocha" mix, to give it more true smokiness, along with INW's Coffee Tobacco. For that purpose, it's excellent!

Andria

VU Sponsors