Become a Patron!

Aromamizer Supreme, postless deck, 2 different single coil wicks.

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
My Aromamizer Supreme tanks have served me well for a long time now. Lately I've been back in that frenzied part of the vaping cycle buying new tanks, mods and RDA's. It's about every 6-8 months that I start checking out what is new in the vaping world, load up on gear and juice and then cruise for several months again.

Low and behold during my lack of attention to the current happenings in the vaping world Steamcrave has dropped some new versions of the Aromamizer and now a postless deck offering for my beloved Supremes. I had to try the postless decks out and since single coil tanks are en vogue for the moment I had to give single coil builds a go. I do think the postless deck improves air flow a good bit and allows me to get even more vapor in the form of that coolish dense vape that I personally prefer.

Both these coils were made from my first attempt to build quad core 28 gauge SS 316 fused claptons wrapped with 34 gauge SS 316. They aren't perfect but they vape. If I had went with 36 gauge they would have been a bit neater. I'm not new to building coils but have only lately started trying my hand at large fused claptons and framed staple. I can blame that on Raymo and the outstanding coils he sold me.

The split wick version is a 4mm ID and the wick I'm calling an "S wick" was a 3.5 mm ID.

They vape pretty good on my Hohmtech devices with an FSK setting of 15%, 50-55 watts and temp set from 390 to 450. No leaks, no spitting, no dry hits. As you can see they have seen some use before these photos. I can't tell any huge difference in either wick style but the "S wick" is a bit easier to put into use.

"S wick"...

Split wick...
One side of the wick on this one looks a little bruised and thin. I fumbled and dropped the deck trying to attach it to the Hohmslice for some photos.

How does it compare to some of the single coil tanks that are all the rage right now? Pretty darn good. I've vaped several versions of Kayfuns (I know, old news) now have three OBS Engine Nanos, Pharoahs in both rda and rta and a few others and it hangs in there well. These coils setup like this do like to guzzle and chug the eliquid though.

Vape on,

TC

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kind of like a few Steam Crave Aromamiser ,
V2 Aromamiser, / lite/
V1 Supreme, /, V2 Supreme
, V1 Supreme LE,/ plus 30mm , plus 30mm ,
Even have RDA V.
433e068f6282b24d09b8ccea087af3ba.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got the postless deck myself. Haven't tried it yet, because I'm still getting awesome flavor from my first pair of aliens I built for it in Jan. Loathe to change anything but the cotton. I wonder how long they can hold on lol.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They do last a long time , especially when maintained , Shame they did not make the plus postless deck style for the Supreme V1/V2 since its a better deck and correctly alined for wick channels ,

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
They do last a long time , especially when maintained , Shame they did not make the plus postless deck style for the Supreme V1/V2 since its a better deck and correctly alined for wick channels ,

I'm assuming you mean that the juice channels slots in the deck don't align with the juice channel slots from the bottom of the chamber piece? I don't know how many versions of this deck there are but this is a non issue on mine. I've put some large and nasty dual fused claptons in there and never suffered for a lack of juice flow. I don't tend to vape beyond 60 watts very often though so maybe folks who do have had trouble?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing to do with juice flow , its the way both decks where built for the V1 V2 Supreme the way the deck channel is alined on the 25mm atomiser once dual coils installed compared to the plus postless deck ,
on the 25mm you have to curve the wicks at a 90° angle to reach the deck channel on the plus deck once coiled up the wicks just drop down into the channels they alined it correctly ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is Supreme plus deck , see the wick tails come out the coil and drop down into juice channel in deck,
On the V1/ Supreme deck you then need to bend tbe wick tails to fit the juice channel on the deck , as there along the side length of you coil build instead of the end like the plus pics ive shown ,
e28dc77cf68522252effd3bbef33f42a.jpg
a86dfe3701698a809661d0b89d35c2d8.jpg

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
This is Supreme plus deck , see the wick tails come out the coil and drop down into juice channel in deck,
On the V1/ Supreme deck you then need to bend tbe wick tails to fit the juice channel on the deck , as there along the side length of you coil build instead of the end like the plus pics ive shown ,
e28dc77cf68522252effd3bbef33f42a.jpg
a86dfe3701698a809661d0b89d35c2d8.jpg

Ah. I see what you mean now. That would have been better.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Makes building easier and allows for nice single coil builds to without long bent wick tails ,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the retail Version of Single coil deck has now arrived , along with
8ml tank kit
Utlem tank and Kit

Same Deck a more reduced Airflow which is more Concentrated Airflow .

The 8ml kit pics with extended chimney part .
Pics of Utlem

Will build up tonight and try the new decks and tanks ,
0a2afd8d42f95b57cfc29d83018b666f.jpg
9ef56ef4933a60e230e6da10c1c52cd1.jpg
84108b5ae1d92ac9da95d89f3d8b75e8.jpg

VU Sponsors