Become a Patron!

Are my vaping days done? Throat tightening issues

Hi all,

Been vaping happily for over 6 months now. Daily tanks were kanger aerotank v2/Genie tank using a cotton wicked coil.

Now I always vaped around 10-12nic high PG as I love flava and throat hit with the above tanks. Now I normally would go for 50 pg and up but most were at like 70 pg mixes.

Most recently I tried the subtank mini rba section. Took me awhile to get use to but started to like at 6mg but I made sure I used 50/50 mixes.

So it's been 2 days or so, purchased a bunch of lovely e juices from a new seller which was made to my preference ratio which is 12mg 70pg/30vg. Anyway I vaped one of the 6mg 50/50 juices in the subtank and felt fine. As I moved onto some of the high PG juices in my aerotank , it was like a big fright!

Never had this feeling before, this is not the dry throat or cough u sometimes get from vaping. This feeling is like your throat is closing up, like your slowly being strangled, horrible sensation of something in the throat and it tends to stay for hours. Drinking water or juice makes no difference. It's almost like some reaction has occurred from the juice.

Anyway I tried another juice from same range and got the same feeling.

So is it the PG or the flavours or something in this juice? How can this just happen all of a sudden after I've been vaping for months. I am now scarred to try any of my other daily juices incase I get this feeling.

The vender says her juice is made from normal food grade flavours so it's not alcohol based.

Thank You all.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Allergic reactions can happen any time. Even 6 months after you quit! Here's what you have to look at. You were fine until you tried the new juices. See what happens if you go back to what was ok for you. Might take a day or two to clear up also. Some people get reactions to certain flavors, some people are allergic to PG, some people break out in rashes and some people get the throat thing. Whatever it is I hope you get it worked out. Wouldn't want to see you go back to cigs !

Allergic reactions can happen any time. Even 6 months after you quit! Here's what you have to look at. You were fine until you tried the new juices. See what happens if you go back to what was ok for you. Might take a day or two to clear up also. Some people get reactions to certain flavors, some people are allergic to PG, some people break out in rashes and some people get the throat thing. Whatever it is I hope you get it worked out. Wouldn't want to see you go back to cigs !
Yes I have a vanilla ice flava I was vaping on before the new juice arrived. But I think I need to rest my throat a bit and maybe not try it so soon. But if I get it with this vanilla ice then it must the PG, if not I would say it's the flavouring used as I hear these are prime suspects.

Def won't go back to cigs lol don't worry. Thanks for your input

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most, not all, flavorings are in a PG base. I'm on the opposite end, I'm sensitive to VG, so I lowered that and all was well. Sounds to me like you're in the PG allergic/sensitive field. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Most, not all, flavorings are in a PG base. I'm on the opposite end, I'm sensitive to VG, so I lowered that and all was well. Sounds to me like you're in the PG allergic/sensitive field. Good luck, and keep us posted.
And even thoe I've vaped high pg all this time with no issue, makes no difference? I did read many stories of ppl and the same issue and they said it was a pg thing.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's just a possibility. I used to be able to take certain medications that I now have reactions to. Process of elimination is the only way to find out, though. When I first started vaping, I could vape 50/50, that's what the juice was at the shop I bought from. Now I can't tolerate anything over 25 VG.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Allergic reaction I personally stay away from pG I prefer high VG low PG could be a flavor or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
High PG does that to me. I started vaping 50/50 and now can't tolerate more then 30PG. 20 is my ideal range, but 30 I can handle. I gave all my left over 50/50 liquids to a friend when this started.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you know what I tried a couple house liquids from a shop once and had adverse reactions. Never went back lol. Wonder what it is...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
from a retired nurse point of view< your allergic reaction sounds more like anaphylaxis: a medical emergency so I would advise at least taking some benedryl if your trying out new combinations have your dr give u an epipen to carry with you and should your throat close up use the pen on ureself and get to nearest hospital best of luck ggvaper

Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. I've recently switched over to 100% VG from Alchemy Elixirs (https://alchemy-e-lixirs.com/). I'm not affiliated with them at all but I highly recommend their juices. My throat use to tighten a little with VG/PG blends. But after vaping their stuff my throat was clear and my lungs actually felt clearer. The flavors might not seem as bold compared to VG at first but after a couple of weeks the taste flavors start to shine through!

spiveykidd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I'm not a doctor but I can tell you with confidence it's probably best you see a physician.. I know that might sound scary or crazy but it's always best to be safe! :)

VU Sponsors