Become a Patron!

Are Mechs going the way of the Dodo?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for a year. I've already owned 3 mechs and my 4th is in the mail already.

I would say yes mech's are a dying thing and it makes me sad. My best vape is off a mech.

I've seen 2 mechs in the shops around here since I started vaping... a polished brass monstrosity with dragons and skulls on it for $600... and the modest Athena that I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $40.

It seems to be the same online... cheap stainless steel $10 tubes with scalding hotbutton issues or brass/copper tubes for $200+. There doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff in the $30-$60 range.

A lot of people are going to find themselves high and dry when everything gets banned because they don't have mechs and don't know how to mix their own juice.
Actually quite a few in the $30 - $150 range and good stuff too. The average B&M shop customer either doesn't know of them or about them.

Welcome to VU

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for a year. I've already owned 3 mechs and my 4th is in the mail already.

I would say yes mech's are a dying thing and it makes me sad. My best vape is off a mech.

I've seen 2 mechs in the shops around here since I started vaping... a polished brass monstrosity with dragons and skulls on it for $600... and the modest Athena that I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $40.

It seems to be the same online... cheap stainless steel $10 tubes with scalding hotbutton issues or brass/copper tubes for $200+. There doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff in the $30-$60 range.

A lot of people are going to find themselves high and dry when everything gets banned because they don't have mechs and don't know how to mix their own juice.
Welcome to VU. If you're still looking for mechs in that price range, take a look at the Mechlyfe Arcless. I don't have one but I hear a lot of good comments about it. Constant contact switch, well made, extensions available. Or go up a little in price and get a Kennedy Vindicator 21700. I have a couple and love them. I don't have the constant contact switch on mine but don't think I need it on those mechs.

And not a lot of chance I'll find myself high and dry without mech tubes when the deeming regs kick in. I have no desire to turn a flashlight into a mod so I'm pretty well set.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU. If you're still looking for mechs in that price range, take a look at the Mechlyfe Arcless. I don't have one but I hear a lot of good comments about it. Constant contact switch, well made, extensions available. Or go up a little in price and get a Kennedy Vindicator 21700. I have a couple and love them. I don't have the constant contact switch on mine but don't think I need it on those mechs.

And not a lot of chance I'll find myself high and dry without mech tubes when the deeming regs kick in. I have no desire to turn a flashlight into a mod so I'm pretty well set.
I do have one and it's worth every penny. No it's no work of art, but it looks good and hits really hard. You can change the look with sleeves and even get the stack section for a few bucks more.

Thanks for the replies. My Tauren tube + Tauren RDA just arrived this week. Loving it. Constant contact is a dream, and I love the hybrid configuration (definitely a lot better than adjusting all those stupid wobbly pins).

I'll look into the Arcless but RN, having spent hundreds of dollars in preparation for the Vapcocalypse, I need to slow it down.

Thanks for the warm welcomes btw. :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the replies. My Tauren tube + Tauren RDA just arrived this week. Loving it. Constant contact is a dream, and I love the hybrid configuration (definitely a lot better than adjusting all those stupid wobbly pins).

I'll look into the Arcless but RN, having spent hundreds of dollars in preparation for the Vapcocalypse, I need to slow it down.

Thanks for the warm welcomes btw. :)
Very nice mech. Bargain at the prices they go for.

VU Sponsors