Become a Patron!

Are all squonkers Mechs?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems out of the plethora of mass produced regulated devices squonking has yet to be implemented. Why is that?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmm not so much in Canada from what I know..Not sure I trust Kangertech..no reason I just have trust issues lol

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems out of the plethora of mass produced regulated devices squonking has yet to be implemented. Why is that?
They went to the RDTA or AOI egrip route with replaceable coilheads instead of RDAs..... Squonking has always been a niche market...... Don't know why... I bet if there were more mods available It would kill the tank market.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They went to the RDTA or AOI eris route with replaceable hard route instead so dar........ Squonking has always been a niche market...... Don't know why... I bet if there were more mods available It would kill the tank market.

True. I can see that..sucks for us guys who are more comfy with regulated devices who want to enter the squonk game..I'm jealous lol

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
there are a few but most are single battery ones. pico squeeze and wraith come to mind as 2 of the most popular. and the dripbox 80 from kanger. for dual batteyr options you have the gbox S100 (hard to find bu back in stock at everzon.com) the kanger drip box 160 and the pricier but best of them lost vape drone. I think gingervapes makes some custom ones as well with DNA chips and supposedly smoant should be making one too

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cov wraith .. lost vape therion squonker and my mech

f891aeabc3ad6ba78879231ebb16bfa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. I can see that..sucks for us guys who are more comfy with regulated devices who want to enter the squonk game..I'm jealous lol

Sad thING Is i went from a mech squonker I was happy with to regulated with a tank...... I want my squonk back... I just don't want to give up regulation or pay more than about $50.......

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dad tho g is i went from a mech squonker I was happy with to regulated with a tank...... I want my squonk back... I just don't want to give up regulation or pay more than about $50.......

The Dripbox 160 can be had for under $50.
Been using one since January and no issues. Have a backup one too just in case.
And keeping my eyes open for good sales on them to pick up antother 2.

One downside for some only 22mm or less diameter attys fit on them.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sad thING Is i went from a mech squonker I was happy with to regulated with a tank...... I want my squonk back... I just don't want to give up regulation or pay more than about $50.......

the gbox S100 is like 55 on everzon with free shipping. last i looked only 7 left. not sure if the extra 5 bucks is a dealbreaker for you or not.

just checked. 5 left

Last edited:

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
hmm not so much in Canada from what I know..Not sure I trust Kangertech..no reason I just have trust issues lol
I put together a list, and a wide range of devices is out there, $20 to $300+

Now there's a lot less of them than just standard box mods, the fact I am capable of actually listing most of them shows that. But there's something for most price ranges.

If you wanted something better than Kanger, the VT Inbox or the YFTK DNA75 SVA clone are both good and available from Canadian vendors or from the Chinese sites with free shipping to Canada.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Has anyone used the Dripbox 2? Any comments on it?

Haven't used it, but talked to enough people that have. The chip operates exactly like the DB160 but only 80W. High cell cutoff, so lots of battery swaps and TC is bad, but not completely unusable if you like frustration.

In other words it's on par with the Wraith, flawed but a cheap way to try squonking.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't used it, but talked to enough people that have. The chip operates exactly like the DB160 but only 80W. High cell cutoff, so lots of battery swaps and TC is bad, but not completely unusable if you like frustration.

In other words it's on par with the Wraith, flawed but a cheap way to try squonking.

Thanks. I think I'll just wait until some decent regulated ones hit the market. There seems to be a buzz building that it may be sooner than later.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main problem with regulated squonk mods is size.
This is because you have a bottle in there taking up about the same space as a battery.

I have both the dripbox 2 and the dripbox 160.
As said before not fantastic machines. TC works but not great.
And they only fit 22 mm attys properly.
Of the 2 I like the dripbox 160 the best.
It is about the size of a Realuex (sp?) but works fine and I have had no issues with either the DB160 or the DB2.
Been using both for about 9 months.

The DB2 and the DB160 have different chips aside from the wattage.
The DB160 is not software upgradeable.
The DB2 is upgradeable although no new loads for it.
You can also customize it with a windows based program.
Set custom vaping curves, change messages and power on screen and change the default TCR for the wire types.
A VERY less functional evolve kind of thing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Set custom vaping curves, change messages and power on screen and change the default TCR for the wire types.

The more you data you present regarding the Dripboxes, the less and less I desire buying one. Sure they're affordable regulated squonkers. That alone does not grant them being a pancea for that market. More like them seeming anathema by being 'affordable regulated squonkers'.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more you data you present regarding the Dripboxes, the less and less I desire buying one. Sure they're affordable regulated squonkers. That alone does not grant them being a pancea for that market. More like them seeming anathema by being 'affordable regulated squonkers'.
I like mine, work fine. and I am a cheap assed bastard. Just ask Lucy.
Only complaint I really have with them is the little magnetic bottle door that is prone to getting knocked off.
Works fine without them though too.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't mind the magnet door, or only fitting 22mm flush. What bothers me on the DB160 is the high battery voltage cutoff. Should not need to switch batteries that often on dual cell.

The TC isn't good, but it does work with some fiddling which is better than I can say about many mods.

It's not bad at all, I own two as backup devices. It's just not sexy and exciting.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mind the magnet door, or only fitting 22mm flush. What bothers me on the DB160 is the high battery voltage cutoff. Should not need to switch batteries that often on dual cell.

The TC isn't good, but it does work with some fiddling which is better than I can say about many mods.

It's not bad at all, I own two as backup devices. It's just not sexy and exciting.
Nope not sexy and exciting. but works for me as I am not sexy or exciting either :)
My main squonks are DB2, DB 160 and Coppervape.
I have backups of each.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The main problem with regulated squonk mods is size.
This is because you have a bottle in there taking up about the same space as a battery.

I have both the dripbox 2 and the dripbox 160.
As said before not fantastic machines. TC works but not great.
And they only fit 22 mm attys properly.
Of the 2 I like the dripbox 160 the best.
It is about the size of a Realuex (sp?) but works fine and I have had no issues with either the DB160 or the DB2.
Been using both for about 9 months.

A VERY less functional evolve kind of thing.

My complaints regarding Kanger squonkers

Non-adjustable 510 and I don't like how the Kanger chip works. Too fidgety for me

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My complaints regarding Kanger squonkers

Non-adjustable 510 and I don't like how the Kanger chip works. Too fidgety for me
Yes non adjustable 510 is an issue but all the attys I use fit them well. So no personal problem.
Wasp fits perfect!

VU Sponsors