Become a Patron!

Are all marshmallow flavors the same?

VegasVape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seeking biased opinions. Do I really need every flavor of marshmallow made? I've just had DIY flavor shack marshmallow in my inventory, and it seems to have served me well. Do you experienced mixers find you need different versions for specific results?

I've tried google to resolve this question, but not a lot of info out there. And on a side note, thank you all for posting helpful info that has helped me a great deal in my diy evolution. As well as very pleasant reading.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do I really need every flavor of marshmallow made?

Personal preference IMO.
Think I've got CAP, TFA, & FA, but always seem to grab the bottle of FA.
Unless a recipe has another brand used, at least one that I have on hand anyway.
I won't order yet another brand tho.
But TFA Toasted Marshmallow is one worth having as it's different than the regular version obviously.

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
I use FA's and Capella's marshmallow. Capella's is creamier and FA's is sweeter. There's definitely a noticeable difference and both are good for different situations.
So do you use these in the same %? Say I was mixing a recept that called for 3% cap marshmallow but only had FA marshmallow would you still mix at 3%?

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So do you use these in the same %? Say I was mixing a recept that called for 3% cap marshmallow but only had FA marshmallow would you still mix at 3%?
No I'd use different percentages. Most FA flavors are stronger than Cap's, and this isn't an exception. FA Marshmallow is very sweet, so I'd normally use it up to about 2%, usually more around 1% or 1.5%. To sub 3% Cap Marshmallow for FA I'd probably start at .75% or 1% and go up from there. You may also want to add a bit of plain cream as well to help match the Cap marshmallow flavor, like FA Fresh Cream or something similar.

VU Sponsors